Mythic Helya raid composition

All the info I could find was for pre-NH. Now that we're super overgeared, what realistic composition should we use to kill Helya in the easiest way, assuming all the players are capable of mechanics?

My guild has about 11 melee & 10 ranged DPS available to swap in/out. For the sake of making it easi(er), it will be two tanks, 4 healers and of course 14 DPS. Should we stack melee? Ranged? Healthy mix? Any specific classes?

Cheers,
    Chicken

Hello Chicken!

As someone raiding in 2 seperate guilds (one killed Helya pre-NH one killed it just recently) I would say the biggest things are this.

2 Shadowpriests makes phase 1 movements much cleaner.

3 Sets of tentacles will slam. Have a ranged soak the first front 2, a ranged soak the back one while the tank soaks the front one for the second set, and some form of melee for the two in the back on the third set.

Healthy mix of ranged/melee is safest, otherwise phase 3 breaths will be possibly chaos.

Shamans/ferals/guardians give speed boosts which could save a lot of phase 1 attempts from deaths to orbs. I'm unsure what you consider super-overgeared, but if you were all just learning it for the first time I would say expect 5 sets of orbs. If you don't have a speed boost then use some kind of healing cooldown like SLT or something, you won't need it in phase 2 whatsoever.

Expect 4 breaths in the final phase. ranged - ranged - melee (ranged has orbs) - ranged

Awesome, thanks a bunch! We actually have 3 shadow priests and myself & another hunter usually take care of soaking. We'll bring a mage and pally as well for that, and those sweet sweet speed boost classes as well.

How many wipes did you guys take to learn it from scratch? We're expecting ~50 wipes. Krosus took us around 80, to give you an idea. We're a 2-day guild so we don't get a ton of time for progression.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2017-03-17 at 11:34 PM.

We did it with no shadow priests a few weeks ago when we were 3/10 mythic. The dispels were pretty awkward and it took us 118 pulls, we didn't even try it pre-patch.

We only got three sets of tentacles in phase 1, so we only needed four immunities.

The dps requirements don't exist but everything else still has to be on point or you'll wipe about instantly.

This was our post-patch kill if it helps, we made the biggest raid note ever and just wrote down literally every phase 3 movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Awesome, thanks a bunch! We actually have 3 shadow priests and myself & another hunter usually take care of soaking. We'll bring a mage and pally as well for that, and those sweet sweet speed boost classes as well.

How many wipes did you guys take to learn it from scratch? We're expecting ~50 wipes. Krosus took us around 80, to give you an idea. We're a 2-day guild so we don't get a ton of time for progression.
    We're also a 2 day guild. Helya was killed on attempt 40, Krosus was killed on attempt 56. We didn't have the speed boosts in phase 1, so that was a decent chunk of our wipes. Our ilvl for helya was 902.3

Holy shit, 118 pulls? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Holy shit, 118 pulls? Wow
    We're bad at this game though, so. We raid 10.5 hours/week 3 days.

Honestly 90% of those wipes were "oops I didn't move from the orb fast enough and died again".

Counting it from logs, 23 wipes in phase 3, 8 wipes in phase 2, 87 wipes in phase 1.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-03-18 at 01:20 AM.

I'll say this much, how fast you kill this/how many wipes you have is about 60% on the raid leader knowing what the pitfalls and nuances of the fight are.

Chicken check your PMs.

Deleted
    We killed this pre-patch, Around world 300 or so, We are 3 day raiding guild (10-11 hours per week). I will just go ahead and tell the tactic we used in late december-Early january before NH was released.

In p1 we are all on left side, We have one stack marker for the orbs, They will either go melee or ranged, Cant remember what starts (think its ranged) but DBM / BW will tell you this, You want to have all ranged or melee AND all healers stack at this marker for the orbs then simply run backwards and up the platform and jump down everytime.

Sort the soaking for the tentacles however you like, For the third ones we normally had a ret pala go in the back with bubble to take both of them, Or a holy palading works aswell.

In p2 just split the group and kill the tentacles together, There is no longer a DPS requirement at all so just make sure you kill them together.

For p3 we stack on the right side close to wall but not on top of it and have our shadow priest mass dispell everyone then all Ranged / healers move to the walll to get ready for first set of orbs. After this there is breath / melee orbs incomming at the same time, We have our melee / healers stack also close to the wall on the right side for this orbs!
    Then you get another ranged orbs, We decided to do this in the back, So in the back close to water then moving to the left in the back, Its hard to explain but usually the normal strat that all use.

After this there is the first Wave inc, We position the mariner close to boss but towards the left, The next orbs inc are melee ones so all melee / healers move close to boss on the left and handle theese ones. The one after is ranged, So again we are in the back and this time move right with all orbs. After this we have melee orbs again which we position close to the old one and close to boss so they can keep dpsing, Its very important that you DELAY DISPELLS at this point, Since you will have orbs right after dispell, So you wanna move into position, Move with the orbs to the right again (back to start position at start of p3) Then dispell while people are moving, You will at this time have 2nd wave /mariner, You wanna nuke him and repeat this pattern.

Right now we are bursting it all so quick we aint we even getting to this point (We still kill for TF gear, 7/10m guild),

You want to bloodlust as soon as p3 start and all are in posiition.

Here is a video of our first kill if anything is unclear ( Keep in mind in this video the guild had average of 890 or lower ilevel so p2 is longer than you will have atm)
    " youtube.com /watch?v=1OxrSjCAUpc"
    Or simply go to Youtub and search "Pure Luck VS Helya mythic" and you will find it.

Big thing that was hard for us to find out when we progressed is phase 2 tentacles need to die roughly at the same time, or they despawn and come back again later making the phase a lot longer. DKs are also great for interrupting the cast in phase 2, since a grip at any point during the cast will cancel it and leave the add not doing anything for the remainder of the cast.

You guys are the bomb. Thanks to all! Going in there with 4 priests total so dispels should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    a grip at any point during the cast will cancel it and leave the add not doing anything for the remainder of the cast.
    Are you talking about the mariner?

No, I think it's called mistwatcher, mariner should never cast lantern tbh.