Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Brazile admits she forwarded town hall questions to Clinton camp

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...nton-camp.html

Former interim Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile admitted Friday that she forwarded Democratic primary town hall questions to members of Hillary Clinton's campaign – something she had previously denied.

In an essay for Time published Friday, called “Russian DNC Narrative Played Out Exactly As They Hoped,” the Democratic strategist said she had in fact passed on topics, despite saying she had not when her communications with the campaign were leaked by WikiLeaks in October.

“[I]n October, a subsequent release of emails revealed that among the many things I did in my role as a Democratic operative and D.N.C. Vice Chair prior to assuming the interim D.N.C. Chair position was to share potential town hall topics with the Clinton campaign,” she wrote.

In October, emails from Clinton campaign Chair John Podesta's account were released by WikiLeaks showing that Brazile – then a CNN contributor – had forwarded questions ahead of a March primary debate.

In one email, Brazile told Clinton Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri, “One of the questions directed to HRC tomorrow is from a woman with a rash,” the night before a March 6 CNN primary debate in Flint, Michigan.

“Her family has lead poison and she will ask what, if anything, will Hillary do as president to help the ppl of Flint,” Brazile wrote.

The following night, a question along those lines was posed to both Clinton and her primary rival Sen. Bernie Sanders, D-Vt.

In another email, dated Mar. 12, she passed on to Palmieri a question on the death penalty set to be asked in a Mar. 13 town hall and said: “From time to time I get the questions in advance.” After Palmieri responded, Brazile wrote back: “I’ll send a few more.”

However, in an interview with Fox News on Oct. 19, Brazile denied helping Clinton during the primaries. She said she was being persecuted and questioned the credibility of the hacked files.

“As a Christian woman, I understand persecution, but I will not sit here and be persecuted,” Brazile said. “Your information is totally false.”

CNN would go on to sever ties with Brazile after the emails were leaked.

In the essay, Brazile said she will “forever regret” the decision to leak the questions to the Clinton campaign.

“My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen. But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret,” she wrote.

Imagine the tremedous outrage if those questions have been fowarded to the leader Mr. Trump!

was there ever any doubt? some people might hate wiki leaks but they have a solid reputation.

Oh good. Something else for him to vomit about on Twitter for the next few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff that doesn't matter to distract from actually issues...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    Imagine the tremedous outrage if those questions have been fowarded to the leader Mr. Trump!
    No, I would be happy with it. If he knew the questions in advance and prepared for them, maybe he wouldn't sound like a lobotomized monkey on stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    About time. Now I can't help but wonder why she did that - for genuine ethical concerns, or to buy her place back?

I any case, it's still great that she comes out publicly on this topic.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

She was on the Daily Show and got pressed on this point yesterday. She seemed to imply that she had also had correspondence with Sanders but she didn't just come out and say that he also received the questions which made it sound more like question dodging than anything...

“My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen. But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret,” she wrote.
    Bullshit. The only thing she regrets is getting caught. That's why she lied about it for so long.

She's a complete joke along with Debbie Wasserman Schultz. And the fact that these two are still allowed to be members of the Democratic Party after trying to rig the primary process makes the Democratic Party an even bigger joke.

Smart people already knew this. But who cares? The only thing newsworthy about that bitch now is her going to prison.

She will never be president and with any luck - she will cough herself to death before Trump celebrates his first Christmas as POTUS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

She screwed bernie and no apology publicly to him yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Uh, you know this isn't about Clinton herself, right?

Try harder.
    Most people don't read past the headline.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

What an embarrassment that woman is, even Trump supporters know Trump speaks from the cuff most of the time and the chance of him answering questions fluently or even accurately is rather minimal. There was no need for her to leak the questions to HRC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well we all know Trump is #1. It's going to take a lot more than forwarding debate questions to top all of the corruption and scandals around Trump!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    At what point, in any of the debates, did Trump answer any questions?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    At what point, in any of the debates, did Trump answer any questions?
    Rofl, good point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well when you manufacture your own crap every 48 hours or less. He isn't teflon Don, he's covered in crap Don that's why nothing ever sticks to him.
    Tweeting lies to change the topic of conversation off of his corruption is a pretty slick tactic.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a good one... why in the hell should I care?

Focus should probably be lumped on the ACTING PRESIDENT, and not on some person who asked a question at a town hall meeting once.

People seem to be pretending there's some sort of tit-for-tat thing here, where you can meet "Trump lied about claiming that President Obama wiretapped him" with "this one woman forwarded a question she was going to ask to hillary!"

I'm sorry, there is not. This is immaterial fluff. It does not abstain Trump from criticism for his fuck ups in the past and the fuck ups he just plain keeps perpetrating.

If you're so incensed about Trump's transgressions that you have to grip and ever slimmer and slimmer "but but but hillary...!" style straws, then you should be demanding Trump start acting like an adult. Maybe sometime afterwards he can act like an actual president.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Currently, the DNC is a disgrace. They were disgraceful in the primaries. They purposely benefited Clinton, while conspiring with the media to denigrate Bernie. They sabotaged his visibility with time slots and debates. There are even e-mails on them discussing using the fact that he is jew to hurt him in the primaries.
    Bunch of bought out establishment politicians deep in big oil and big pharma's money. 0 interest in their electorate. Puppets of donors. Arrogant elitists that think are entitled to people's votes just because they're liberal on social issues, while being disastrous on economic issues. And I say this as a minority myself. I'm not American, but it was nauseating to see Clinton and company pandering to minorities with empty speeches of cliches.
    They lost thousands of seats, lost the general election, and still fail to acknowledge their failures and responsibility in the matter. They don't care about their voters.
    Bernie ran his campaign on individual contributions, without the big bucks of donors, and he still gave her a run for her money. Bernie showed the most promise against Trump, and they were so threatened that they had to cheat.
    And after all of this, they show they continue to be completely deaf to their electorate, by picking Tom Perez as chair.
    Either they clean that house of lobbies and special interests, or there's not much to salvage come 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Disgraceful. Dems are going to lose in four years unless they start cleaning house.
    This is the proper response. It's fine for you to hate Trump, in a lot of ways it's justified, but if people keep trying to handwave everything the Dems do wrong instead of learning from their mistakes, we're just going to get more horribly bad candidates like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Currently, the DNC is a disgrace. They were disgraceful in the primaries. They purposely benefited Clinton, while conspiring with the media to denigrate Bernie. They sabotaged his visibility with time slots and debates. There are even e-mails on them discussing using the fact that he is jew to hurt him in the primaries.
    Bunch of bought out establishment politicians deep in big oil and big pharma's money. 0 interest in their electorate. Puppets of donors. Arrogant elitists that think are entitled to people's votes just because they're liberal on social issues, while being disastrous on economic issues. And I say this as a minority myself. I'm not American, but it was nauseating to see Clinton and company pandering to minorities with empty speeches of cliches.
    They lost thousands of seats, lost the general election, and still fail to acknowledge their failures and responsibility in the matter. They don't care about their voters.
    Bernie ran his campaign on individual contributions, without the big bucks of donors, and he still gave her a run for her money. Bernie showed the most promise against Trump, and they were so threatened that they had to cheat.
    And after all of this, they show they continue to be completely deaf to their electorate, by picking Tom Perez as chair.
    Either they clean that house of lobbies and special interests, or there's not much to salvage come 2020.
    So they're going to lose because they're sellouts to corporate interests and lobbyists?

What, precisely, is Trump, then?

No one that agreed with any part of Bernie's plan for America would have voted for Trump out of anything but petty spite. The two agree on no policies. Bernie is basically fighting Trump tooth and nail where he can. Are all the Bernie bros scratching their heads about why Trump and Bernie don't agree on anything?

The number of people that "feigned to the republican side" because of the democratic party supporting the registered democrat nominee is likely small and, frankly, very hypocritical.

Bullshit like "Well this one person forwarded an email about a town hall question!" is such completely immaterial, meaningless fluff that it boggles my mind. This, in a world where the president is claiming that global warming was invented by China, admits that "draining the swamp" was just campaign jargon, claims that President Obama was spying on him, that Mexicans are rapists, that millions of people will lose healthcare, THIS is the single bit of fluff you pick out to highlight?

I get that you're angry that people didn't see things the way you wanted them to. But Trump is digging himself deeper and deeper. The democrat's main plan right now seems to be "stop Trump on all fronts," and Trump isn't exactly the most popular fellow right now. In fact, seeing as he lost the popular vote, has dismal approval ratings right off the bat, and has had controversy and failure following him from day one, I'd say HE'S demonstrably the one on shaky footing.

Anyone that supported Bernie would agree, your choice in individual candidates and how much they "excite" you aside. The last presidential race is over. The electoral college chose Trump, not the people. So your claims of "the democrats are just failing EVERYWHERE!" rings quite small in comparison to the dumpster fire that is the current presidency.

What, exactly, have you seen that proves that Trump is a popular or well-liked leader at this point in time?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.