Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

If there were another secondary stat introduced, what could it be?

Had a fun talk with guildies on this earlier! Considering how many secondary stats have come and gone in WoW's history. Hit Rating, Expertise, Armor Penetration, Spell Penetration, "Resistances", and of course the currently present still Haste, Crit, Mastery, Versatility, etc, and some other ones that incorporate some diablo-feeling elements like leech and multi-strike.

You have all these secondary stats that seemingly cover every area possible, yet you know blizz isn't at the ends of its creativity. So if there was to be a new secondary stat introduced, what could it be? It can be either PVP or for PVE.

Armor Penetration.

But seriously - what about [magic-type] resistance and [magic-type] attack?

For example - Shadow Priests do +10% Shadow DMG, but Affliction Warlock have +10% Shadow Resistance etc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a +Crit Damage Stat. Kind of like how Surge worked in SWTOR.
    Or a "reach" Tertiary stat. That increased the range of attacks by a % i.e 20% reach adds 20% range on attacks, Melee Range would go from 5 to 6 yrds, a 40yrd attack would go to 48yrds etc.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Armor Penetration.

For example - Shadow Priests do +10% Shadow DMG, but Affliction Warlock have +10% Shadow Resistance etc.
    They used to have this already and it was taken out due to people complaining they couldn't get into raids or dungeons because they couldn't find X piece of gear with the proper resistances for that raid or dungeon.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    They used to have this already and it was taken out due to people complaining they couldn't get into raids or dungeons because they couldn't find X piece of gear with the proper resistances for that raid or dungeon.
    It's so much better today, when you only need, to enter tier X, to get gear from tier X+2

We already had multistrike, it was bad. Not to mention all secondary stats we had in distant past cos someone already wrote about in upper post.

If it was me, Iwould remove versatility and make it back to resilience for pvp only.
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Armor Penetration.
    yes pls, best stat ever
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Hit rating, or expertise

Deleted
    magic drop chance and all resist

I really want wow to become more like diablo

Expertise: (or whatever name because i cant think of a better one)
    Reduces the remaining cooldown on all your abilities by X%

Quote Originally Posted by Peppered View Post
    Had a fun talk with guildies on this earlier! Considering how many secondary stats have come and gone in WoW's history. Hit Rating, Expertise, Armor Penetration, Spell Penetration, "Resistances", and of course the currently present still Haste, Crit, Mastery, Versatility, etc, and some other ones that incorporate some diablo-feeling elements like leech and multi-strike.

You have all these secondary stats that seemingly cover every area possible, yet you know blizz isn't at the ends of its creativity. So if there was to be a new secondary stat introduced, what could it be? It can be either PVP or for PVE.
    There are already a bunch to pick from abandoned stats.. Defense, hit, expertise, multi strike, armor penetration..

you can add to that list like range increase, crit damage amplifier, magical/physical resistance, mp5, passive extra healing etc..

Deleted
    I just want leech to be like actual LifeSTEAL ok?

It would be like versatility and leech together. Or like.. lifesteal is suppose to be in any game.

"Do 2% more dmg and you heal that 2% dmg". It literally steals the life from mob to you.

If you have to balance it for raids, make it "your attacks deal extra 2% as blood damage and you heal the amount Blood dmg done" but then add bosses to have blood dmg resistance so people wouldnt just farm 50% lifesteal builds to ditch healers lmao
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2017-03-18 at 11:24 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a serious idea and a joke idea:

-Serious: "Titan's touch" ---- X(1000 for example) amount of Titan's Touch stat Increases Y(1%?) all of your other secondary stats (or even all, primary too)

-Joke: "RNG" ---- X amount of RNG stat has a %chance to make your charatcter move randomly for random amount of time, attacking random objetives and casting or using random spells and abilities

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gkko View Post
    Hit rating, or expertise
    Sadly, people couldn't handle it, so it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

How about, luck? Hah! +?% to drop chances? Get that farming spirit going!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Some sort of Splash stat. Percentage for any attack to do x percent to all enemies nearby.

Resourcefulness - Reduces the cost of your abilities
    Readiness - Reduces the cooldown of your abilities
    Luck - Improves the RNG of your abilities or passives, excluding Critical Strike and Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by silloh View Post
    I have a serious idea and a joke idea:

-Serious: "Titan's touch" ---- X(1000 for example) amount of Titan's Touch stat Increases Y(1%?) all of your other secondary stats (or even all, primary too)

-Joke: "RNG" ---- X amount of RNG stat has a %chance to make your charatcter move randomly for random amount of time, attacking random objetives and casting or using random spells and abilities
    both of your examples are jokes. the first more than the second. bc it literally does exact the same int/str/agi (or even versa) does: increase your hps/dps by an exact percent amount. it just increase your power by a flat amount, without any deep in the nature of the stat.

horrible. horrible less thought...

sorry, but better have no ideas than such lowbrainer ideas. seriously. even if you are 12 years old (which i assume). seriously.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-03-18 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    Resourcefulness - Reduces the cost of your abilities
    Would be difficult to balance for classes/specs with no real resources.
    Readiness - Reduces the cooldown of your abilities
    Was in the game as stat during beta. Was scrapped because of balancing issues. Got back into game as different artifacttraits like crit/do this/do that and it reduces the cd of this abilty (or trinkets)

Luck - Improves the RNG of your abilities or passives, excluding Critical Strike and Mastery
    The only thing which sounds doable. Would need a hell of explanation and tooltipdescriptions.

Luck : Increases your chances on crits, avoid hits or any other combat action that involves chance.

Note: Luck doesn't increase your crit chance, it just means that when the crit is rolled, or any other random thing - there is a chance it could be better. So it isn't additive.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Armor Penetration.

you mean go back to how it used to be and people complained cause it just ended up being "bring X resist item for boss fight " and "you only want gear with +spellpower or +shadow damage
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content