Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are frost death knights that overpowered?

I have checked the warcraft logs and frost dk seems very overpowered! they are on top almost at any percentile or fight. Is this true?

Yes but you need some specific legendary and/or Trinket. If you lack any of these, its pretty mediocre.

lol no. Frost is strong, but not even close to being op. The frost legendary helm is what is op. Take a look at the top logs for any fight and except for gul'dan, you won't see any dks as the top class on that fight. And when you do look at top dk logs for fights, it's all helms down the page.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's four really decent Legendaries right now that buff and work with Breath of Sindragosa playstyle. The Helm, Waist, Ring and Wrists are all really good, and combined with BoS playstyle and the DK set bonuses it works really well.

All of those things combine to give you some fantastic BoS uptime or raw output. I currently lack tier and all my legendaries are garbage right now, so no luck for me.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like to say OP but frost DK are in a very very very good spot right now, what makes them that strong is that they are top tier dps in every situation present in NH and M+. Want top ST, frost got it, want burst, frost got it, want cleave, frost got it etc...

Enjoy it while you can tho cause I doubt frost will stay that strong in everything till the end of the expac. To me mechanicly it's a top tier cleave spec but should probably be a little be weaker on pure ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    I don't like to say OP but frost DK are in a very very very good spot right now, what makes them that strong is that they are top tier dps in every situation present in NH and M+. Want top ST, frost got it, want burst, frost got it, want cleave, frost got it etc...

Enjoy it while you can tho cause I doubt frost will stay that strong in everything till the end of the expac. To me mechanicly it's a top tier cleave spec but should probably be a little be weaker on pure ST.
    That would be sad because we're currently lacking a good ST DPS on all specs.

Deleted

On damage to boss, they arent that strong. The legendary helm nerf will put frost dk single target damage at best into the middle, probably one of the worst melees.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...sdps&boss=1842
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...sdps&boss=1867

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    That would be sad because we're currently lacking a good ST DPS on all specs.
    No you don't, frost is top tier ST, yes it's not sin rogue or frost mage but it's saying it's not good ST is ridiculous... Frost is in an awesome spot right now in every situation. I personally don't mind to much, good for them, it more fun to play a top tier spec than average or bottom one but not recognizing that frost is probably the best or 2nd best spec in NH is just fooling yourself.

Deleted
    Facts(dismiss the average joe MMO-C'er):

-Frost is OP(in NH), because of uptime on cleave/aoe and because mechanics favor you.
    -Frost is doing good in PvP.
    -Frost is providing excellent(but not top ST DPS - still better than half of the classes. Again - NH is not about ST).

Bye.

Didn't the OP make this exact thread about Fury just a bit ago?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Frost rank on all mythic bosses.

Skorp: #10
    Chromatic: #3
    Trilliax: #2
    Spellblade: #4
    Tich: #5
    Augur: #9
    Krosus: #5
    Botanist: #7
    Elisandre: #2
    Guldan: not enough mythic parses

Not sure if that's what I'd consider OP...more like just consistent. Top 3 on 3 bosses, #7-#10 on 3 bosses.

Deleted
    I like where we are in terms of DPS, and by that I mean not overpowered.

the simplicity in which Frost delivers its dmg with low CDs is overpowered. Its overall strength against highly skilled raider is above average.

Frost will undoubtedly be the highest DPS in your heroic/normal/LFR run, it will be above average so top 4 in your Mythic run though

No you don't, frost is top tier ST, yes it's not sin rogue or frost mage but it's saying it's not good ST is ridiculous... Frost is in an awesome spot right now in every situation. I personally don't mind to much, good for them, it more fun to play a top tier spec than average or bottom one but not recognizing that frost is probably the best or 2nd best spec in NH is just fooling yourself.
    I mean, if you want to nerf frost ST then we wouldn't have any good spec for it. It would be stupid to have 2 DPS specs that performs best in AoE, but sucks at ST. Frost ST is indeed in a good spot, providing you have good legendaries along with it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I mean, if you want to nerf frost ST then we wouldn't have any good spec for it. It would be stupid to have 2 DPS specs that performs best in AoE, but sucks at ST. Frost ST is indeed in a good spot, providing you have good legendaries along with it.
    I agree with you that both dk spec are more cleave/AoE oriented but i think it would be really hard to make frost a very strong ST spec while not being broken in cleave / AoE. So much of frost cleave is done via ST rotation passively.

Also the all switch spec for different strength is kinda dead in legion with all the AP / legendary lock to spec.

i think what is a big part of what makes frost so powerful to, is that you play with the same build in almost every situation, there is almost no trade of to do. if there was a ST build/ stats and one cleave AoE build/stats it would be less strong but right know it's the same for every fight in NH...

keep in mind that the leggo that makes frost op is getting nerfed in 7.2

From my experience, DH is outperforming DK as far as dps is concerned. And if you're not first, you don't need nerfing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single target isn't DH/Rogue level but we're above average in every area without the helmet factored in.

With the helmet... well we are OP but that's going away in like 2-3 weeks.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Breath of Sindragosa is basically the new Surrender to Madness. It's not quite as broken but it's close to that level, there's a reason Mythic world first guilds say to stack Frost DK's

Quote Originally Posted by Stened91 View Post
    I have checked the warcraft logs and frost dk seems very overpowered! they are on top almost at any percentile or fight.
    I think you spelled "affliction warlock" wrong there mate.

Specs most represented among top parses:
    - aff lock, by miles
    - fury warrior
    - assa rogue

then probably frost dk and frost mage