[Balance] Choosing my second legendary

So today, my second and third overall legendaries dropped. They were 'Lady and the Child' and 'Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnus Opus' respectively. My first legendary is 'Oneth's Intuition', which I have no intention of swapping out.

I was wondering which is the better one to use. My instinct would be Lady and the Child for the DPS increase it would provide, but seeing as it's one of the worse DPS increasing legendaries, I question if Prydaz would actually do more work as a straight up stat-stick. Also, my current slots mean that Prydaz would replace a 845 while LatC would be replacing an 865. Thoughts?

At least partially depends on what you're mostly doing. Prydaz is quite good for high level content, where staying alive isn't just "don't stand in the fire", on top of being well overbudgeted for a neck.
    If there's lots of AoE and little threat of dying, shoulders would probably be more useful.

I found that i mostly use LaC for Guardian, actually.

I am also questioning my usage of Prydaz. I have 5 legendaries:
    Ekowraith
    IFE
    Prydaz
    Cinidaria
    Promise of Elune

I am currently using IFE, obviously, and Cinidaria because it has a damage element, but considering that first 10% is typically the quickest of the whole fight, and Prydaz seems to be really good, I was considering making the switch between the two. Thoughts of the two?

On a side note, I think after 7.2 hits I will probably go IFE and Promise because of the change to Promise.

Deleted
    I use Prydaz over Cinidaria because I have a decent belt and a pretty crappy neck, which means prydaz is actually a HUGE dps increase. Cinidaria has pretty bad stats and the effect doesn't do much as you said, 2/3% dps per fight tops as we don't have a crazy high initial burst. I recently got the LaC shoulders too though, and I'm wondering how good they are for cleave content (which is pretty common on this tier, especially on heroic). Last I checked simcraft didn't simulate the LaC effect properly, and I'm way too lazy and bad at maths to find out by myself which is best :<

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    I am also questioning my usage of Prydaz. I have 5 legendaries:
    Ekowraith
    IFE
    Prydaz
    Cinidaria
    Promise of Elune

I am currently using IFE, obviously, and Cinidaria because it has a damage element, but considering that first 10% is typically the quickest of the whole fight, and Prydaz seems to be really good, I was considering making the switch between the two. Thoughts of the two?

On a side note, I think after 7.2 hits I will probably go IFE and Promise because of the change to Promise.
    Use Cinidaria on any fight with consistent add spawns, such as Tich. Otherwise, go with Prydaz.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by PlagueSpreadingPlatypus View Post
    So today, my second and third overall legendaries dropped. They were 'Lady and the Child' and 'Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnus Opus' respectively. My first legendary is 'Oneth's Intuition', which I have no intention of swapping out.

I was wondering which is the better one to use. My instinct would be Lady and the Child for the DPS increase it would provide, but seeing as it's one of the worse DPS increasing legendaries, I question if Prydaz would actually do more work as a straight up stat-stick. Also, my current slots mean that Prydaz would replace a 845 while LatC would be replacing an 865. Thoughts?
    I disagree that LotC is one of the worst DPS legendaries. Based on my own personal logs, it was doing more DPS single target than Cindaria (this one is really crap for moonkins IMO). I would rank LoTC 4th best for single target and 3rd best for AoE. Right now I'm using LoTC and OI. I would only replace LoTC with IFE if I had it, or ED helm for single target.

I don't think the new promise boots will be that great. From what I saw on pure single target fight they would do near 3% dmg increase (which would put it inline with other mediocre legendaries). On AoE fights it would produce a lot less dmg gain.

I have Lady and the Child and Cinidaria, the Symbiote. For boomkins I think Lady and the Child is better. Ive tried using the belt on many occasions and have been unhappy with my performance overall. Not sure if it was the belt or my own mistakes but I am currently not a fan of the belt for any situation. Lady and the Child is probably 4th most desirable under the ED, OI, and IFE.

I would post my logs for this week but the website wouldn't let me.
    Last edited by mrnicegai420; 2017-03-23 at 05:15 PM.

What fights are you basing them on? On pure single target Cindaria will be like 6+% of total damage while Lady and Child only adds around 2-3%. On extended cleave fights obv Lady will be better

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    What fights are you basing them on? On pure single target Cindaria will be like 6+% of total damage while Lady and Child only adds around 2-3%. On extended cleave fights obv Lady will be better
    Cinidaria is 30% more damage for ~10% of the fight(damage wise, not time wise). Only fight i ever saw it go anywhere close to 6% is Odyn, which is basically tailored for it.