The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Order hall mission design... flawed?

Hey all..

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, if it's intended, a bug or just a really stupid gamedesign-flaw.
    Currently, all my order hall champions (my active ones) are max lvl and max itemlvl; I also have completed several special dungeon-quests and some are still in my questlog.

Why then, do I keep getting new missions that reward Armor sets, those same dungeon-quests (which you cannot do again; I checked)?
    This is such a waste of missions. I need just a bit more AP for my 35th level, so more of those would be appreciated. The Blood of Sargeras and some rep-tokens would also work, because I can always need those.

I just don't get it... why doesn't the game check if I'm capped on certain items? It does with Artifact Research (I cannot buy it, since I'm already capped)

What are your experiences with this?

Deleted
    Yeah it is really annoying - i've noticed this one 2-3 of my capped toons.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Same design as the Garrison design. Even if you'd maxed EVERY single follower, you'd still get both xp and equipment missions.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    It's quite annoying indeed, how can they fix it? remove it or just add gold quests or something smh

missions have something like a weekly rotation or cycle. I had all my followers maxed out, except 1 which was inactive. for months i never saw any gear/xp missions, only regular gold/faction/dungeons/ap. last month i activated this follower and started getting xp/gear missions right away and just this week i stopped having any xp/gear missions. so could be related.

The game checks to see if ALL of your followers are capped/ilvl capped from what it seems. I know having all my followers capped I will get significantly less ilvl increase items for them. The moment you put one out that isn't even max level a mission for XP will spawn for it. So the game does keep some sort of track for you. Only thing I can suggest is cap everything even if you have no intention of using them. It might help though you will still get the odd mission for follower armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Same design as the Garrison design. Even if you'd maxed EVERY single follower, you'd still get both xp and equipment missions.
    Except XP missions are 100% disabled when all your Champions are Epic quality. This will change to the next tier of quality (which I forgot the name of) come 7.2 as all champions can use a third equip slot then.

Regarding the upgrade kits, well, at least you'll be stocked for 7.2? *shrug*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

You can drastically reduce follower item missions by upgrading all of your followers, including inactive.
    And you can complete the dungeon quests from the mission even if you already have done those.

Bu why does it even matter? It's not like those missions take the spot of other missions or prevent other missions to spawn (well yes, I assume you can only get one dungeon quest at a time, but who cares about another 840 item).

If maxing all followers would eliminate all XP / ilvl increase / dung quests from the queue it would be highly beneficial for those who have all maxed (since they would receieve more gold / raid / AP missions) and also would prevent them from seeking more followers, because getting one underleveled follower would re-que all xp/ilvl/dung missions.

And yes, this is a terrible game design.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    If maxing all followers would eliminate all XP / ilvl increase / dung quests from the queue it would be highly beneficial for those who have all maxed (since they would receieve more gold / raid / AP missions) and also would prevent them from seeking more followers, because getting one underleveled follower would re-que all xp/ilvl/dung missions.

And yes, this is a terrible game design.
    And what makes you think those get more "gold/raid/ap" missions? Sometimes fully upgraded chars have whopping two reputation missions available. You get the follower item missions additionally to the high value missions, not instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    You get the follower item missions additionally to the high value missions, not instead.
    This: I have the same amount of AP&Gold missions on my main who has everyone maxed and on my alt who has the XP and equipment quests also available on top.

Also I am fairly certain you can complete all the quests you get from missions infinitely often, so it's not bad if the missions show up again later. I completed the same xavius quest twice in one day even (had an old quest item laying around and got a new one, then did two runs to finish them both).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    It's quite annoying indeed, how can they fix it? remove it or just add gold quests or something smh
    I would like this because I'm poor af BUT then everyone will just race to max level those and get way too much gold for the effort it takes which is a click.

All your champions are maxed? Even the ones you don't use? If so, ignore them, sell the tokens, or save them. At some point I'm sure they'll increase the ilvl that champions can get (probably for the weekly Tomb of Sargeras quest)

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And what makes you think those get more "gold/raid/ap" missions? Sometimes fully upgraded chars have whopping two reputation missions available. You get the follower item missions additionally to the high value missions, not instead.
    not get, but WOULD get. this is why the XP/ilvl+/dung quests are still in game, even though you have 0 need on any of the followers.

since there is an obvious mission cap it is either that or just simply less available missions.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This seems to be a bug? All my characters who have capped champions (this includes deactivated champions too though) no longer get +ilvl gear (not even from workorders) and I never get dungeon missions.

Do you have max ilvl on your deactivated champions? Is it possible dungeon missions have to do with your ilvl?
    All of my active ones are 850, but my deactivated ones could still be upgraded, although this was not needed with the garrison.. seems weird you'd have to do it now..

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    All your champions are maxed? Even the ones you don't use? If so, ignore them, sell the tokens, or save them. At some point I'm sure they'll increase the ilvl that champions can get (probably for the weekly Tomb of Sargeras quest)
    Won't they come with new armor tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    not get, but WOULD get. this is why the XP/ilvl+/dung quests are still in game, even though you have 0 need on any of the followers.

since there is an obvious mission cap it is either that or just simply less available missions.
    Yeah but it's still weird I'm getting missions for quest-items I cannot even start, because I already completed the quest. That seems like a big bug!

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Yeah but it's still weird I'm getting missions for quest-items I cannot even start, because I already completed the quest. That seems like a big bug!
    You will only get one dungeon quest as of a hotfix even before 7.1. If you have an active dungeon quests, you won't get another unless you have completed your active.
    Raid quests have a different behaviour, you can have several of the same quest in the inventory, but only one of it can be active. When you have completed that quests, you can directly start the quest again from the inventory and go kill the same boss again. Since I am no longer doing EN on most of my chars, I already have a complete bag full of those quest items. I could very well delete them.
    But since those missions not only award the quest item, but also a bonus roll, it would be a huge nerf not to get them until you have completed them, so it's rather a feature than a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

All of my active ones are 850, but my deactivated ones could still be upgraded, although this was not needed with the garrison.. seems weird you'd have to do it now..
    But why would you have to? Just ignore the item token missions, you have no disadvantage, you won't spawn any higher value missions if you got rid of them.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you not upgrade them all to 850? it's even an achievement and you get more armor token missions while they aren't capped, yes they still spawn afterwards but less.

Might as well use the tokens as 7.2 will drop new ones that are needed to go over 850 to 900...

Especially on classes with work orders, I run them non-stop for potential purple/orange follower items.

I do notice I pretty much never get any armor tokens from work orders after I capped them all, and that's on 4 different classes.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-22 at 05:24 PM.