Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    No this isn't information, its crap Blizzard wants you to believe is true.

Two examples, same situation. My guild has a hunter who literally does nothing but show up to raids got 2 legendaries in 3 days(his 5th and 6th), we also have an alt who got 2 in 4 days of each other with 1 mythic+ run on this alt and hasn't touched raids with the exception of 1 LFR Emerald Nightmare Clear was his 4th and 5th Legendary. Meanwhile a main mage, with 3 maxed out weapons, 500 mythic+(mostly 9-13) runs done over the last 3 weeks, 3 heroic Nighthold clears, 3 weeks of killing 4/10M Nighthold, and of course emissaries daily just got his 6th yesterday after 5 weeks since his last one.

Blizzard can say the system is working however they want, but its not actually working the way they're telling the players. And people like you spreading these lies doesn't help the community at all, it just causes more time for Blizzard to come up with another lie as to how the system doesn't work.
    I think you might have tin poisoning from that hat you've been wearing. Anecdotal evidence means nothing, we have blue post confirmation. Try again next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Tinfoil hat theories are just that. Personal anecdotes provided as evidence just makes it seem like you don't understand how RNG works. Keep your misinformation to yourself.
    Damn you beat me to it

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but its fact, Blizzard is feeding false BS up your ass and you're stupid enough to buy it and continue being a fanboy defending them no matter how bad they fuck up.
    You should just quit, you seem pretty tilted.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

The hysteria over legendaries and artifacts is incredible. Players that are nowhere close to the bleeding edge of progression talking about deleting their character if they don't get optimal legendaries. Hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

No this isn't information, its crap Blizzard wants you to believe is true.

Two examples, same situation. My guild has a hunter who literally does nothing but show up to raids got 2 legendaries in 3 days(his 5th and 6th), we also have an alt who got 2 in 4 days of each other with 1 mythic+ run on this alt and hasn't touched raids with the exception of 1 LFR Emerald Nightmare Clear was his 4th and 5th Legendary. Meanwhile a main mage, with 3 maxed out weapons, 500 mythic+(mostly 9-13) runs done over the last 3 weeks, 3 heroic Nighthold clears, 3 weeks of killing 4/10M Nighthold, and of course emissaries daily just got his 6th yesterday after 5 weeks since his last one.

Blizzard can say the system is working however they want, but its not actually working the way they're telling the players. And people like you spreading these lies doesn't help the community at all, it just causes more time for Blizzard to come up with another lie as to how the system doesn't work.
    You should google the terms "sample size", "statistical distribution", and "random".
    Beta Club Brosquad

5 legendaries is a lot of effort, for alts if my first 2 legendaries are trash i either delete the alt or stop playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Nope.

Too much of a pain to gear up an alt with all the stupid grind. If you're trying to get geared as a dps, good luck unless you have a guild willing to take you along when you're undergeared. No one will want you in m+. You'll get to 870 or so after a lot of effort and just hit a wall.
    You don't even need a guild to get geared. Just a small group of 3 or 4 friends. We had a group of 5 of us (all 905+ on mains) gear up a friends alt to 870 in the first 5 hours of hitting 110. As soon as he hit 110 we made a group to power him through normal EN then Heroic EN because they are an absolute joke now and no one needs anything other than T Forged stuff. After that he was geared enough to do all of the LFRs and after all of that he was geared enough to get carried to a 14 M+ for this week.

I've got nothing but shit legendaries on my main (SPriest) so I switched to Survival Hunter with BiS legendaries and I'm glad I did because it's much more fun to be competitive and not that hard to gear up. The only thing remotely difficult is getting to 54 traits. But even getting to 45 traits is a joke with the new catch up system. Do the Suramar quest line once you hit 110 and you basically have at least 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    No there is no such thing as a bad legendary they are all better than the epic you replaced it with im sure?
    Wish everyone doing mythic raiding has this mindset lul

Deleted
    I've gotten all utility legendaries on my ret paladin and the cloak. So from now on all legendaries I will get will be an upgrade! But I would never reroll another one simply to hope for better legendaries. The time invested doing normal and HC raids and all them mythic+ would be such a waste.
    Besides I believe most classes can perform decent enough as it is without legendaries, I always beat the other ret paladins in my guild on fights, even though they have bis legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashten View Post
    Besides I believe most classes can perform decent enough as it is without legendaries, I always beat the other ret paladins in my guild on fights, even though they have bis legendaries.
    Ya unless you are trying to compete on 99 percentile ranks it doesnt really matter if you have BiS legendaries or not. Below 95 percentile skill > gear.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Nope it was not, just a few months ago a normal Mythic raider would have had BiS 795 ring and after 3 months of farming HFC, BiS Mythic gear basically. Everyone else would have been close around performance-wise, as WF was just 6 ilvls and no TF. Was fun and fair, unlike nowadays.

Also what's this dumb crap with "people need to pretend they're world first raiders". What if you're world 50? I am. My guild is on the 3rd page of wowprogress in a very small elite minority of players with content completion. Should we do what? Pretend the grind and the RNG legendaries don't exist and suddenly after 10 year play casually? Ignore insane character improvements like BiS legendaries and do with Prydaz? (no we didn't use that on progression lol, another dumb myth, so many DPS checks, only an idiot thinks that if you have BiS throughput legendary you will go Prydaz. There are some niches where it's useful, but that's it.).

There are guilds and players between top 10 and stuck at 3/10M. Get that into your minds. There is competition at ALL levels of raiding, including those stuck poor 3/10M souls, yes, although obviously reduced. Competition means you need best tools, which Mythic raiders were able to get in the past THROUGH RAIDING ALONE.

That MUST return.
    Hmm no that must NOT return, pigeon holing any aspect of the game is not good for the game as a whole, taken a while for Blizz to work this out and this implementation while not perfect is a huge step in the right direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Nobody is comparing Legendaries to Epic items, they are comparing them to other Legendary items that are underwhelming in comparison, so there are bad Legendaries and very good Legendaries.
    So you expect all Legendaries to be the same ... not a very realistic expectation. There all more powerful that there epic equivalents and just like all the other gear in wow there all different and some are better than others.

How boring would it be if once you got 2 legendary items that it you will never need more and any you get can be vendored .... would be the epitome of a waste of time from a practical and also design point of view.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Yes. I'd also consider buying new WoW copy with all the expansion in case my account is bugged. And maybe i'll consider finding a new home, maybe the one im in is somehow cursed and i'm so unbeliveably unlucky. This topic is surely made by some1 with ilvl 900 in bags and have no idea how hard and time consuming it is to get past 910-915 lmao.
    @Edit

"and reaching maximum available ilvl" so you're telling us you're about 930 ilvl equipped? Kappa

There is no misunderstanding about Legendaries, pull your hear out of your ass. There are good ones and bad ones, it is decided completely by RnG which you recieve... and if you keep playing... you can expect to have more of them. Check the data, read Blue posts, watch the Q&A panels.

I know, you're tired of these threads right?
    that doesnt matter.... when you have no money and someone gives you 5 dollars you should be happy. Sure it would be nice to have 10 dollars but you didnt have anything before and you dont NEED ANY to begin with to clear any content. Legendaries are like extra credit on the end of a math test

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I know people who have had their characters for years, Vin, Tbc even and they've gone and deleted it because they had two utility legends, I don't understand the mentality what so ever, so many years of work into one character, gone, deleted because people throw a tantrum
    I can understand shelving an alt like some people mentioned (level few classes, stick to the one that was most lucky), but deleting it? I mean, are you really capped on character slots you need to delete stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    My question is how is it possible to get 5 legendaries that are bad? On what class and spec is this possible?
    Depends how bad is "bad", for some specs there's a big rift between the top 2-3 performing legendaries and everything else, at least Blizzard is trying (let's see with how much success) to make the lesser performing "dps legendaries" do something, for example the havoc glaive throw bracers and fel rush boots are getting a buff, still nowhere near the level of ring / shoulder / helmet. A few shaman legendaries are garbo as well, I mean if a "dps" legendary sims around the same level as roots of shalarassil, then it's crap. At least the pants heal you while the "dps legendary" doesn't, and doesn't give you more dps than a non-dps legendary. Like wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    So you expect all Legendaries to be the same ... not a very realistic expectation. There all more powerful that there epic equivalents and just like all the other gear in wow there all different and some are better than others.
    No and please don't put words in my mouth. I just accept there's a huge problem with design when player A's Legendaries give him 50k dps and player B's give him 200k dps. Regardless of yours or my current situation there will be many players that have enjoyed playing this game over the years and yet extremely frustrated by RnG in Legion.
    Blizzard conceded in a Q&A (pre 7.1.5) that some Legendary items were out of control and situational/niche Legendaries would have probably been a better approach. The Rogue cloak is the perfect example of strong yet situational Legendary items, there's moments where it shines and there's also moments where it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    How boring would it be if once you got 2 legendary items that it you will never need more and any you get can be vendored .... would be the epitome of a waste of time from a practical and also design point of view.
    That's already the case. If I already have the best 2/3 Legendaries for my spec I don't care about what comes next because I already know they'll be going straight into my bank.

- - - Updated - - -

that doesnt matter.... when you have no money and someone gives you 5 dollars you should be happy. Sure it would be nice to have 10 dollars but you didnt have anything before and you dont NEED ANY to begin with to clear any content. Legendaries are like extra credit on the end of a math test
    Yep, they are just like extra credits at the end of a test, you get 2 credits and your buddy that never shows up to class gets 50 credits and it's luck of the draw! You should be happy because your 2 extra credits are free.
    Last edited by Morbownz; 2017-03-20 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow..to what extend do you play your alts? They all run mythic+ and mythic raids or what?

I mean...my alt hits 110, usually around ilv 790-800 and after a few WQs, a legendary pops - no matter what, it is an awesome ilv boost and stat stick. Haven't even gotten 2 legendaries on most of my alts....
    They hit 110, do the 3 chest, run all the mythics with friends, all the lfr, and we do normal and hc emerald nightmare then normal nighthold, we do the same thing next reset, 99% of the time i get the second legendary before i can even use it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just looted the third leg for my main and color me surprised - after two of the worst legs for my Holy Pally (Sephuz and Uther's Guard) i got the Aggramar's shit. Its like the game want me to stop playing that character. Like, do you want Ithelrendi, Chain of Trayn, Velen's Trinket or Shoulders for your PvE Holy Pally? No, take these useless haste, healing blessings and speed buffs. Choose the best of them man, they will improve your play style and effectiveness so much!
    FY, Blizz, FY RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Its like the game want me to stop playing that character.
    FY, Blizz, FY RNG.
    This is literally the feeling I had when I looted my last Legendary. The added problem with bad Legendary items is you farm and farm with the good ones in mind. I've only ran roughly 800 M+ myself and killed 400 raid boss kills since Launch so I've been reasonably active and I have 5, whereas a guild member took a break for 6-7 weeks and has 2 more Legendaries than me, 3 BiS.

No and please don't put words in my mouth. I just accept there's a huge problem with design when player A's Legendaries give him 50k dps and player B's give him 200k dps. Regardless of yours or my current situation there will be many players that have enjoyed playing this game over the years and yet extremely frustrated by RnG in Legion.
    Blizzard conceded in a Q&A (pre 7.1.5) that some Legendary items were out of control and situational/niche Legendaries would have probably been a better approach. The Rogue cloak is the perfect example of strong yet situational Legendary items, there's moments where it shines and there's also moments where it's useless.

That's already the case. If I already have the best 2/3 Legendaries for my spec I don't care about what comes next because I already know they'll be going straight into my bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, they are just like extra credits at the end of a test, you get 2 credits and your buddy that never shows up to class gets 50 credits and it's luck of the draw! You should be happy because your 2 extra credits are free.
    I mean... you don't need any extra credit points to get an A in the class... I don't care what another student gets aslong as I can get by with a good grade. They can fail or pass it doesnt make a difference to me. I am there for myself not for anyone else. You are there to raid for your own progress you dont need to compare yourself to others who dont give a shit about you. If someone gives me 5 dollars but gives the next random stranger 20 why the fuck would I complain.. I was given 5 dollars that I didn't have before

Wow Legendary gear is an Oxymoron. It is literally an critical chunk of your dps that comes in a random drop off a Beaver's butt. It used to be there was an epic quest or story that went along with a "Legendary" item now its the friggin New York Lottery.

There you have it "Legendary" = "Lottery"

Everytime you open a Weekly Chest, complete a daily Emmisary, Run a dungeon you are just like those people who buy 500 dollars in Lottery tickets hoping "One Day" you might get lucky and get back 100$. So no you shouldn't, you really shouldn't unless you like gambling more than you do actual playing.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2017-03-21 at 04:28 AM.

You are there to raid for your own progress you dont need to compare yourself to others who dont give a shit about you. If someone gives me 5 dollars but gives the next random stranger 20 why the fuck would I complain.. I was given 5 dollars that I didn't have before
    The only thing I can take from this is you don't raid in a competitive environment.

Frankly, that thought crossed my mind after receiving 4th absolutely shit legendary on my main as well.
    Legendary system is undeniably the worst feature in Legion, and probably one of the most ill-considered ideas Blizz ever had.

It was before Sephuz buff, so the was literally no way to proc it as healer on bossfight. Not that it's any good now for healing specs.
    Especially since my dps alt, that I use exclusively to zerg m+ with friends, got 3 good ones in a month; not the best one, but 2nd, 3rd, 4th of the top - more than enough to notice a significant dps boost and be glad to have it. How is that fair? I'd trade all of them for single good one for my main.

But hey, that's my character, why would I reroll it into some anonymous toon?
    That's your rogue. You played it for several years, completed content with, grinded achievements and probably made a few friends over the years. Even this expansion you probably invested quite a lot of time to get your 54th trait. I don't think reroll at this point would make much sense, considering from now on, you can drop only the good ones, right?

PS. Oh, and calling Prydaz a bad one is retarded.

Not this far into the expansion but early on yeah, I would say it was worth it to reroll to the same class in hopes of getting a better one.