Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    Runic chills has gone a long way to extending breath durations it is noticeably more impactful, with lust my breath uptime is getting to the point where fight phase transitions end my breath more than directly running out of RP. you find yourself waiting really extended duration to even use your second HRW charge (if you have ring)
    How does runic chills effect your breath of sindragosa? That reduces Sindy's Fury time....nothing to do with bos though...However I am at that point as well even still progressing though....my breath is typically interrupted on Krosus with a bridge smash than cause I ran out of RP, and even a few pulls I got to somehow keep BoS going through that.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    How does runic chills effect your breath of sindragosa? That reduces Sindy's Fury time....nothing to do with bos though...However I am at that point as well even still progressing though....my breath is typically interrupted on Krosus with a bridge smash than cause I ran out of RP, and even a few pulls I got to somehow keep BoS going through that.
    He probably meant Rune Frost, the artifact point before Runic Chills that increases chance to proc Runic Empowerment.
    Last edited by Casterbridge; 2017-04-11 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    He probably meant Rune Frost, the artifact change before Runic Chills that increases chance to proc Runic Empowerment.
    Ah yes, I forgot the name of it so I didn't even think of that.

Even so, I don't see a huge difference with the Runefrost talent. It goes from a 1.5% chance per rp to a 1.80ish % chance per rp spent. Sometimes I feel like my luck inside of raid is total shit and other times I'm a boss.

I wish there was a little less RNG, but overall I'm happy with how the spec plays.

Also, to comment on what someone said a few posts ago, I have run into situations with lust, the belt, and the ring where I'm forced to drop breath due to running out for a mechanic (double ejection anyone?) and not because of a lack of rp. I can only HB so much from ranged to keep it going!

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    Even so, I don't see a huge difference with the Runefrost talent. It goes from a 1.5% chance per rp to a 1.80ish % chance per rp spent. Sometimes I feel like my luck inside of raid is total shit and other times I'm a boss.

I wish there was a little less RNG, but overall I'm happy with how the spec plays.

Also, to comment on what someone said a few posts ago, I have run into situations with lust, the belt, and the ring where I'm forced to drop breath due to running out for a mechanic (double ejection anyone?) and not because of a lack of rp. I can only HB so much from ranged to keep it going!
    Frost DK dps is not that bad on RNG. Go play enhancement, that spec is rng on top of rng for dps.

In reference to what DagrDK said: That's my thought exactly. We always have to maximize our damage within the efficiency window that breath provides. If your breaths tend to be on the short side for whatever reason (low haste builds, no uptime legendaries, etc) then horn is amazing, because the horn effect is covering the entirety or the majority of your efficiency window. However, if you run 60-70s+ breaths on a regular basis, horn is devalued because it's literally doing nothing for half of your efficiency window. Every second that breath continues beyond when the horn effect wears off is essentially wasted, and you have to make a value judgement if a trinket that provides a better average benefit over the whole course of breath is better, either by flat strength alone or by the value that a proc would add.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Frost DK dps is not that bad on RNG. Go play enhancement, that spec is rng on top of rng for dps.
    Hey, I said a little lol.

We have an enhance in raid, I feel your pain. It's like a roller coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    Hey, I said a little lol.

We have an enhance in raid, I feel your pain. It's like a roller coaster.
    I went back to DK from my enhance shaman....mostly because I don't enjoy ranged dps classes. But yea...the RNG on enhance is fucking ridiculous.

Deleted
    i have 905 horn, 910 scorpid with movementspeed and 890 cof, should i wear horn and cof for bos spec?

Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    i have 905 horn, 910 scorpid with movementspeed and 890 cof, should i wear horn and cof for bos spec?
    if you also run ring of necrofantasia, you are probably better with the strneght from scorpid, if you dont have the ring - take the horn

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers