Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Wish Blizzard added a "Hide my Personal Loot Drops"

I hate being in pugs and having these entitled swines demand I give them a piece of gear that I LOOTED PERSONALLY. Maybe I want for transmog, or I can disenchant for a couple hundred gold each.
    I'd rather not get 10 whispers every time a piece of gear drops in an LFR or normal pug.

I just want an option to keep what I loot from being broadcasted to the rest of the group.

Deleted
    you can also just not loot and have it mailed to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Options -> Block whispers

^_^ You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Kinda bad for alts who wanna know what they got in case they wanna bonus roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Kinda bad for alts who wanna know what they got in case they wanna bonus roll.
    Open the loot window and you will see the loot, then you can close it and it will be mailed
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Seriously? I never take gear out of LFR when there's low geared players that can use it? Why do you have an issue with it? Just link the item in raid and say "roll"

You could also just say "no" or not even answer. Is it too hard to just refuse or even ignore people ??

What kind of insecure person do you have to be to need an option to be implemented ingame just so you don't have to deal with people asking you if you need what you just looted ?

Deleted
    they need to remove LFR. If wow still had a sense of community you'd gladly give that gear away when you dont need it.

Well, just say "no" if you want it for your self.

I don't get why people get angry at this shit, I do it my self when playing on alts, it is a fast way to gear up, and luckely there isn't that many entitled douchebags like you, OP, in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think hiding the loot is really the answer, personally. I'm fine with giving loot I legitimately don't need to those who do - but I do have an issue with people who abuse the system and treat it as an entitlement as opposed to a request. It's thankfully rare, but I have had people who won't take "no" for an answer and resort to haranguing or harassing me for loot they seem to think is theirs by right. I can block or ignore them, sure; but that doesn't stop it from being annoying.

That being said, all the game systems in the world wouldn't be able to stop the occasional annoyance when it comes to other people - it's the nature of the beast and one has to either accept it or change genres.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Nobody likes beggars.

There is no good reason to publicly announce the drops with personal loot, it only caters to the beggars.

1. Say you need it.
    2. ???
    3. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Yes, you can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    I love how when you are in a PuG and you need loot you are like a rat that transforms into a cockroach when you get called out.

Just say you need it or ignore the person. If it's a guild run then fun time

Just ignore them. Its a good feature for sharing loot you don't need/want.

Deleted
    If people ask for it nicely I give it to them. If they act like it's theirs when I looted it I tell them to go away. If you feel that a person that asks you in a nice way shouldn't receive loot because you can DE it for 150g then I feel for you, because you clearly don't know about any of the good ways to make gold.

No one is entitled to your loot drops. Remember that always and no matter what you decide to do with the loot, it is first and foremost, your loot/vendor gold. You will always get beggars when a PL drop TFs and you still have better. Just ignore the whispers or tell them you already vendor'ed it.

Just dont have char whispers on? Assuming you're not on an RP server its never used, perhaps whilst guild raiding but thats about it.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Why not just keep it if you need it or give it away if you don't. A lot of people complain about this and I don't see the big problem.

in most cases I would agree with you but i was doing normal guldan and was hoping for the whispers trinket and ofc didn't get it... but this other boomkin in the group got 2 (one from bonus roll) so he gave me the tradeable one because he said i deserved it (since I didn't die at all I guess during fight? idk). I was going to whisper him and actually ask him for it but i left group and during the 1 minute before leaving instance teleport he just traded it to me and i was super excited and we chatted for a few mins. After that I was nice to people for gear drops the rest of the day and gave out gear I didn't need.

That was 2 weeks ago I think and tbh im bored AF of wow so even then the "high" of item drops or new items is a superficial feeling that only lasts a short time.

If somone needs an item just give it to them maybe they will find some enjoyment in the game that you and I find so empty. Pave the path forward.