Frame rate issue only when raiding but

Hey guys, so basically, my computer wasn't running wow anywhere near what I wanted it to be when in raids (raiding is my 100% focus) so I took it to a pc shop said give me a new graphics card cos the one I had it in was about as bad as they come. Gigabyte gtx1050TI LP 4gb is what my invoice says they gave me... In addition they gave me a new case and power supply.

Before the upgraded card, wow would run at around 25 fps mid fight on the lowest settings there was and about 45 fps outside of raids. Now outside of raids she shoots up to 99 fps on low and about 45-50 on medium settings but this is only outside of raid environments. As soon as a fight starts, it pretty much goes back to the old fps before the upgrade, even on the lowest settings. 30 FPS if im lucky.
    I know next to nothing when it comes pc gear so excuse my ignorance but heres my pc's stats:

*Windows 10
    *Process - AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon tm HD graphics
    *Geforce GTX 1050 TI
    *8GB ram

Now I'm just wondering if theres something my pc is missing that would help it run better during raid environments or if theres a setting or something i can turn off so it will run better. If theres any confusion, I have tried raiding with my "upgraded" setup on the lowest and its still running poorly.
    Really hope theres a way to fix this as I shelled out almost $450 aud in parts and labour for this upgrade to basically do nothing.

Your CPU (or APU in this case) is what is going to be giving you issues in raids. Your graphics card won't really do much besides let you run it on better settings at higher framerates when nothing is going on, i.e. outside of raids. Even a basic CPU will out perform that thing by a mile.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-19 at 01:46 PM.

Thats what a friend of mine has been telling me. But he seems to think if i want to upgrade my cpu then i need a new motherboard also and then a fresh install of windows with backups etc etc. Would it be possible to get a ball park figure of cost if i dont include labour? Would be a great help, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Patababe View Post
    Thats what a friend of mine has been telling me. But he seems to think if i want to upgrade my cpu then i need a new motherboard also and then a fresh install of windows with backups etc etc. Would it be possible to get a ball park figure of cost if i dont include labour? Would be a great help, thanks.
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($66.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($47.92 @ Amazon)
    Total: $174.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-19 09:47 EDT-0400

Windows shouldn't be an issue (pretty sure you can just call Microsoft and say you need a new code, upgraded your hardware or something). Your friend is correct that you probably will need to upgrade your motherboard though, it depends what CPU you'd be getting as they have to fit the socket in the motherboard. You'd be better off telling us your max budget and someone smarter than me will be able to help you figure out what's best for you.

E: Beaten to it ^ - Price:performance comparison to that for those two, if you were interested: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare....cmp[]=2925
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-19 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks a lot mate! I'll pass that onto someone who knows what to do with that info and see how we go! Is that setup going to optimally run wow with my currently graphics card etc?

What Fascinate linked above should be an upgrade yeah, it's not going to be the best but it'll be better. Like I said it will all depend on your budget etc.

yeah of course! Is there any cpu's that I could buy that wouldn't require me to upgrade my ram? I'm happy to spend a little bit more on a cpu/mother board if so i don't have to upgrade my ram, which would effectively even out the dollars. Looking to budget around $250 aud.

yeah of course! Is there any cpu's that I could buy that wouldn't require me to upgrade my ram? I'm happy to spend a little bit more on a cpu/mother board if so i don't have to upgrade my ram, which would effectively even out the dollars. Looking to budget around $250 aud.
    Nay, ddr4 is a necessity if you want a real upgrade.

Your only other option would be trying to find used parts, depending on where you live could be a decent idea.

sorry is it possible to get a little more info/links on that? is that the only part i would need to upgrade or would i need additional parts?

sorry is it possible to get a little more info/links on that? is that the only part i would need to upgrade or would i need additional parts?
    What i linked above is what you would need for new parts. If you went the used route you would only need a CPU/motherboard, an older i5 like a 3570/4440 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    What i linked above is what you would need for new parts. If you went the used route you would only need a CPU/motherboard, an older i5 like a 3570/4440 etc.
    Is there any other way i could upgrade without having to buy the ram upgrade as well? or is that always going to be essential when upgrading cpu?

Is there any other way i could upgrade without having to buy the ram upgrade as well? or is that always going to be essential when upgrading cpu?
    I already answered this lol, no if you buy new parts you are going to need ram as well.

Thanks a lot mate! I'll pass that onto someone who knows what to do with that info and see how we go! Is that setup going to optimally run wow with my currently graphics card etc?
    I play WoW with a Pentium G4560 system and in Nighthold fps never drops below 30 at graphics setting 7 (with Radeon RX 470, GTX 1050 Ti should be about the same).

Allot of people get confused with this. I'm gonna try and explain it ;

CPU does calculations.
    GPU Draws the results of said calculations.

When your outside, not as much is being calculated, so the CPU/GPU are handling it. When in a raid, and you add the calculations of 20 other people, and a raid boss (bosses have SO MANY behind the scenes / hidden spell effects that your CPU have to deal with) the CPU will start to loose track of everything and fail to keep up. When this happens, regardless of what your GPU is, your gonna loose frames.

A better GPU allows you to have better settings and a higher max FPS.
    A better CPU allows you to maintain a higher MINIMUM and AVERAGE FPS.

TLDR: You need a new CPU. And yes, that would mean a new motherboard.

WoW is surprisingly CPU intensive, and when you take a step back and look at why, it's understandable. There is so much stuff going, and the CPU has to tell your GPU what to draw in the first place. This was the main reason for changes such as reducing the tick speed of HoT's and Dot's, AoE ground heals used to heal once per .25 seconds and that used so much of your CPU it was unreal.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-03-21 at 05:05 PM.