BM: via Mantle of Command - Any Crit Cap ?

As far as i ve heard ;

*Below 30% crit rating

Crit -> Agi > Mastery -> Haste

*Above 35% crit rating

Agi -> Crit -> Mastery -> Haste

*Above 40% crit rating

Agi -> Mastery -> Crit -> Haste

Is there any other theory for this issue ? I d like to hear from bm hunters playing with mantle.

I asked this and got no good answer.
    In Simc with best possible gear for max dps (my spare gear) and with 32% crit --->
    Crit ~= Mastery ~= Agi > Haste

If i drop crit to 29% and go for more mastery --->
    Crit > Agi ~= Mastery > Haste

But if i drop crit to ~25% and go back to 90% mastery, simc show almost 30k less dps, kinda strange id say :/

Anyway, i have decided to have 29-30% crit without buffs and go for full mastery afterwards.

Would be nice to see some feedback from "pro huntards".

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    As far as i ve heard ;

*Below 30% crit rating

*Above 35% crit rating

*Above 40% crit rating

Is there any other theory for this issue ? I d like to hear from bm hunters playing with mantle.
    903 ilvl BM Hunter w/Mantle+Roar Delfta on US - Stormrage

In a basic sense, this is correct. But it really depends on your personal stat weights. I have 34% crit (9335 with Crit Food otherwise 33% 8960), 7% haste (2763), 75% mastery (10188) and for pure ST my stat weights still show: Crit > Agi ~= Mastery ~= Haste > Vers

I believe somewhere near 40% Crit you will definitely have diminishing value and will see Mastery become more powerful (though I do not have sims to back up that statement).

Secondary stats are a bit of a balancing act currently and with Mantle+OwtP, crit gained strength. Id recommend simming yourself to really understand what will benefit you personally. Bringing my haste any lower than it is would make Haste go above mastery in some of the simming I did with spare pieces. I think if you have mantle, gunning for 30% crit atleast will be major gains. Somewhere between 30-35 if you aren't maintaining a certain level of mastery/haste it will lose its value until you acquire more stats through gear to balance them.

For those interested in my pawn string with similar stats/gear,

( Pawn: v1: "Delfta": Agility=19.37, CritRating=20.45, HasteRating=18.79, MasteryRating=19.06, Versatility=14.87, Dps=9.56 )

I sit at 35% crit with food buff and this is where Crit is slightly better than Mastery.

Pawn: v1: "Sultangurde": Class=Hunter, Spec=BeastMastery,
    Agility=19.25,
    Ap=18.67,
    CritRating=20.90,
    HasteRating=17.20,
    MasteryRating=20.63,
    Versatility=15.83,
    Dps=8.98

I got another doubt about Mantle of Command rotation. Sometimes i find myself in insane crit streak.
    This leads to 4-5 sec remaining duration of BW with BW already reseted and 2 procs up. What should i do?
    1. USe Dire Beast proc (wasting next BW reset potential)?
    2. Use new BW (waste that 4-5 sec of current BW) and use dire beast procs to reset cd again?
    3. Wait for BW to be over, then use new BW and than 2 dire beasts (wasting potential dire beast procs).
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...

Quote Originally Posted by sultangurde View Post
    I sit at 35% crit with food buff and this is where Crit is slightly better than Mastery.

Agility=19.25,
    Ap=18.67,
    CritRating=20.90,
    HasteRating=17.20,
    MasteryRating=20.63,
    Versatility=15.83,
    Dps=8.98

I got another doubt about Mantle of Command rotation. Sometimes i find myself in insane crit streak.
    This leads to 4-5 sec remaining duration of BW with BW already reseted and 2 procs up. What should i do?
    2. Use new BW (waste that 4-5 sec of current BW) and use dire beast procs to reset cd again?
    3. Wait for BW to be over, then use new BW and than 2 dire beasts (wasting potential dire beast procs).
    I tend to go for Option 2 in those scenarios.

Deleted

Agility=19.25,
    Ap=18.67,
    CritRating=20.90,
    HasteRating=17.20,
    MasteryRating=20.63,
    Versatility=15.83,
    Dps=8.98

I usually pick 2. I have just thought that wasting 4-5 sec on current BW is much less waste than the reduced cd of next one.

Whats your other stats, haste/mastery?

Also guys, do you use mark of the claw(haste+crit) / mastery / or satyr on the neck? I myself went with claw enchant, its like having 250haste + 250crit due to 2.5ppm, but thinking about 600mastery.

You need to sim it.
    enchant=mark_of_the_trained_soldier
    enchant=mark_of_the_hidden_satyr
    enchant=mark_of_the_claw

Deleted
    So far out of the various pieces of gear I own the best sim result I got with shoulder-belt: 43% crit, 7% haste , 61% mastery. At 909 ilvl with the above stats and 2 haste proc trinkets im at 800k dps standard build 2111112.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    As far as i ve heard ;

*Below 30% crit rating

*Above 35% crit rating

*Above 40% crit rating

crit loses weight for me after 33%

Same, crit=mastery around 33-34%. This is with mastery trinket.

Agi drop value when your ilevel go higher. Basicl mastery/crit > agil after 900ilevel

Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    Same, crit=mastery around 33-34%. This is with mastery trinket.

Agi drop value when your ilevel go higher. Basicl mastery/crit > agil after 900ilevel
    Hey. Im at 900-905 ilv depends from the items. At 900 with all crit gear i get 35% crit, 5% haste, 89% mastery. I have the shouders and boots. The funny thing is that what ever I sim in all cases single and cleave the highest sim i get is with Big Game Hunter. It gives me about 15k in sims. Anyobe else getting sinilar results? Also, sims are better with 860 arcano than 870 BTI...

Sims aren't accurate as far as percentage abilities go, because in a real raid situation, every dps is blowing all of their cooldowns + lust, and the first 10% of the boss goes a lot quicker than sims calculate.

Sims just go "for a 5 minute fight, 10% of it (30 seconds) the boss will be above 90% so the talent will trigger for those 30 seconds, when in reality the boss will lose the first 10% of its life much faster than 30 seconds. Its the same reason Fury warriors have to tweak their sims because their simmed dps can get way over inflated due to an unrealistic length execute phase.
    Last edited by PinDrop; 2017-03-22 at 09:32 PM.