Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Broken Islels CRZ already?

I logged back in after 2 months and suddenly all the people from Nemesis EU and other minor realms are running around my turf on Sylvanas EU. Is it supposed to be X-realm or is it something else?

Deleted
    It's been that way since launch, or at least close to it. Pretty sure it's intentional.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the rise of WQGF has a lot to do with this. People get invited to a group for world quests, statistically it should make sense that the leader more often than not is from a large realm. With the now limited amount of realm hopping you're allowed, these people then stay on the shard until they leave the zone or switch to a different group.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I could be an asshole and point out this was known for ~2 years but yes, Broken Isles was designed with CRZ from the start.

No complaints. More people = shit getting done quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The exact opposite, there is actually horde presence now

Quote Originally Posted by Actimel View Post
    The exact opposite, there is actually horde presence now
    Ok and this affects you how? Tag shit quicker. Sylvanas should have enough Alliance players to deal with it.

With Legion they've introduced technology called Sharding. It provided very smooth launch. Basicly what it does it tries to spread players from a region evenly across multiple instances of zone. This why you can see people from different realm as well as sometimes can't see people from your own realm.

CRZ has been enabled in Legion since like a month after release. First time people noticed it, Blizzard said it was a bug and it was supposedly turned off. Following maintenance, it was back on again which caused a massive uproar. Blizzard then said it was intended and would shut off if enough players from a single realm were in the same zone. So you know you're on a dead server if you see other servers.

Begs the question why Blizzard isn't just doing more connected realms which I could have sworn they said they were going to do at Blizzcon. CRZ is a piece of crap that can go die in a fire. If I need a group for something, there's group finder. I'd rather have more connected realms.

As an FYI, Vampyr78, sharding was added in WoD in patch 7.2 to combat the amount of players in Tanaan. It wasn't a Legion thing. Tanaan was the guinea pig for the system.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    CRZ has been enabled in Legion since like a month after release. First time people noticed it, Blizzard said it was a bug and it was supposedly turned off. Following maintenance, it was back on again which caused a massive uproar. Blizzard then said it was intended and would shut off if enough players from a single realm were in the same zone. So you know you're on a dead server if you see other servers.

Begs the question why Blizzard isn't just doing more connected realms which I could have sworn they said they were going to do at Blizzcon. CRZ is a piece of crap that can go die in a fire. If I need a group for something, there's group finder. I'd rather have more connected realms.

As an FYI, Vampyr78, sharding was added in WoD in patch 7.2 to combat the amount of players in Tanaan. It wasn't a Legion thing. Tanaan was the guinea pig for the system.
    Indeed. Fuck faction balance at this point. Connect low pop Alliance servers to high pop ones and same for Horde. EU would be Silvermoon and Draenor for PvE and Kazzak and Outland for PvP.

Overpopulation -> underpopulation = Sharding -> CRZ.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Honestly I think whole WoD looks like guinea pig for Legion systems. Raid structure, mythic dungeons, first scaling attempts, follower system, yearly expansions (it didn't work, thanks God), titanforge (mythic dungeons in 6.2.3), random stats etc.

Deleted
    I logged back in after 2 months and suddenly all the people from Nemesis EU and other minor realms are running around my turf on Sylvanas EU. Is it supposed to be X-realm or is it something else?
    Been like that from the start. Don't know why this should be surprising, it's been known forever. It's a life-saver for empty dead realms

I don't mind CRZ, but it seems like my faction is outnumbered 20:1. Every WQ Hub i go to its just a sea of red, and they immediately turn and smash you. I'm not sure how Blizzard thinks extreme unbalance is okay.

It seem to be a bug with certain EU realms. Nemesis, Sylvanas and Grim Batol are all sharing the same zones 24/7 since patch 7.1.

There's so many people here that nobody can reach objectives before they're picked/killed by someone else...
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-03-19 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and the great old Blizzard stated many many moons ago about CRZ that like realms we only be put together, PVE with PVE, RP-PVE with RP-PVE, PVP with PVP... and so on...but that is not how its being going since they opened up this mess in Legion...I play on a PVE normal realm, and my home realm is connected too Perenolde, no problem...same type of realm...but since this mess has been put in live now on the Isles...I see tons of Horde and Alliance from PVP realms all over my realm which is PVE, and these players are not grouped up with others as I check them and it shows they are not partied up with others, so Blizzard lied. So what is it then...am I being forced onto PVP realms against my will? If my realm is low pop at that time frame.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...coming-to-beta

Q. How will this work for PvP vs. PvE realms? Will these realm types be shared?
    No. Realm types will be matched with like realm types. So if you’re on a PvE realm, you’ll only be matched with other PvE realms. The same rules will apply for matching RP realm types and will be restricted to matching RP-PvP with RP-PvP and RP-PvE with RP-PvE. We plan to keep an eye on constructive feedback while testing this new technology.
    Last edited by MouseD; 2017-03-19 at 08:03 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep seeing more CRZ alliance everywhere tagging mobs into grey, despite being 1 to 3 outnumbered already without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Been like that from the start. Don't know why this should be surprising, it's been known forever. It's a life-saver for empty dead realms
    Not really imo, if I need ppl for a Danger mob or World boss, I use (automatic) group finder.

Can't trade or guild with those randoms so they don't add anything to the server.

Also when your dead realm is already outnumbered by the other faction, having more grey mobs isn't a plus.

Also means more people/bots etc gathering herbs/ore/rares taking away the actual advantage of a low pop realm in the first place.

Either add cross-realm guilds/AH etc, or just remove low pop realms in the first place.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-19 at 08:24 PM.

If faction tagging wasn't a thing perhaps. Also how many times do you JUST miss out on a mob. FeelsBadMan
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If faction tagging wasn't a thing perhaps.
    Faction tagging simply shouldn't exist, period. I play Horde on an Alliance-dominated server and just completing world quests can be aggravating when the whole area is crawling with Alliance tagging everything the moment it spawns. I kind of wonder now if being on a lower-pop realm that got CRZed would actually be a better experience than being on a high-pop realm that doesn't, though...could be a better Horde:Alliance ratio that way...

It's really obnoxious. I'm already on a high population server, why are there so many people from other servers on mine? More people is not a benefit when there's 20 people trying to kill the same slow respawning mobs.