Issue with friendly name plates

I'm having an issue with friendly name plates that I haven't been able to figure out. On my main, I have it working fine. If I go to an alt, I no longer see NPC nameplates show above the NPC. I mainly mainly use tidyplates, but on occasion I turn it off and use KUI Nameplates. It does it with either addon. In tidyplates, I've copied my template to the alt and it doesn't change. I have tidyplates set to use the headline view on NPCs but it doesn't show up. I have "always show nameplates" in the blizzard UI turned on. NPC names is set to off. If I turn it on, it will show the blizzard UI text above the NPCs name but doesn't show up with tidyplates or KUI nameplates unless I target them. I've compared settings between main and alts and I have them all the same as far as I can tell but obviously something seems to be missing. Also, thru the keybindings I've made sure "show friendly nameplates" and "show all nameplates" are on as well. I've tried to copy the WTF folder and rename it to the alts name but that doesn't do anything either.

Hopefully this makes sense and someone knows what I'm missing. Thanks.

In tidy plates there is a setting called "Headline View", see if thats turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    In tidy plates there is a setting called "Headline View", see if thats turned on.
    I've double checked and it is on.

- - - Updated - - -

I have completely reset my UI back to defaults and it doesn't appear to be related to tidyplates as the names still dont show properly just using the blizzard default nameplates. I've got something messed up in some settings somewhere or I've somehow glitched them on my main.

Try toggling friendly nameplates on.
    Shift+V.

If they aren't on, then the blizzard default names are all you would see any time.
    Same as hostile nameplates toggled with V.

The blizzard nameplates if on should display the health bar if enabled, not being only the name.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Its a problem with Cvars, let me find the macro i found to fix it

"/run SetCVar("nameplateShowFriendlyNPCs",1)"

Use this macro and you should see friendly nameplates again
    Last edited by Leyre; 2017-03-19 at 07:52 PM.

Yes, that cvar is character-specific. You'd have to set it on all affected characters

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Its a problem with Cvars, let me find the macro i found to fix it

"/run SetCVar("nameplateShowFriendlyNPCs",1)"

Use this macro and you should see friendly nameplates again
    Thank you very much! This fixed it and I've saved it to my macros to do on each character now. Much appreciated.