Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New "Leak": Doomfist, Bria, Ivon.

Looks like another 4chan poster with another "leak." However, we did have a prior 4chan poster who posted some accurate info before, namely Anchora who is a multi legged robot with a west African accent who hailed from Numbani, along with the lunar new year event. While that "leak" was not 100% accurate (but pretty damn close) as Hanzo didnt get a lunar skin, and Mei has yet to get a cinematic, many are putting a lot of stock into this leak. While I cannot confirm it or deny it, I just wanted to share the info

Doomfist: just more of what we assume and have seen before

Bria: steam punk teen (tracer/sombra look even though neither are teens?) who has Mei wall abilities as their primary ability. With an ult that electrocutes people between her walls.

Ivon: (I want this actually) tall lanky old Russian man in a suit, uses swarm bots, has resource mechanic like Torb. Ultimate is more bots

Edit in:
    lets not forget about the Sombra leaks.

We have a good track record of leaks in Overwatch.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-05-04 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Looks like another 4chan poster with another "leak." However, we did have a prior 4chan poster who posted some accurate info before, namely Anchora who is a multi legged robot with a west African accent who hailed from Numbani, along with the lunar new year event. While that "leak" was not 100% accurate (but pretty damn close) as Hanzo didnt get a lunar skin, and Mei has yet to get a cinematic, many are putting a lot of stock into this leak. While I cannot confirm it or deny it, I just wanted to share the info

Doomfist: just more of what we assume and have seen before

Bria: steam punk teen (tracer/sombra look even though neither are teens?) who has Mei wall abilities as their primary ability. With an ult that electrocutes people between her walls.

Ivon: (I want this actually) tall lanky old Russian man in a suit, uses swarm bots, has resource mechanic like Torb. Ultimate is more bots

Edit in:
    lets not forget about the Sombra leaks.

We have a good track record of leaks in Overwatch.
    thats interesting although id be surprised if after doomfist, we dont get a new healing hero. also the Ivon concept is strange because I frequent the battle.net OW forums and someone made a thread pitching almost this exact concept for a new hero ability wise...
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

blue/yellow with a wrist computer

and this guy doesn't mention the obvious fallout reference? pff

Deleted
    Sounds interesting. I would've liked another animal-style hero like Winston.

what i find interesting about that original leak is how much bulltripe it is.

The most major thing people use as an example of its autheticity is the Lunar festival which is (like i said) bullstripe. They've had a major holiday in warcraft (do to the fact that most warcraft players are east asians whos countries celebrate that) for 10 years and have had that holiday in Heroes since release. So it would have been a HUGE exception for them to not have one considering how small of a holiday Halloween is in comparison.

Then of course saying "arachora " was a prediction of Orisa would be like saying "The next hero is a human cyborg from mexico named Jesus De la rosa". the only thing accurate is that it has more than 2 legs and is a robot.

While i dont think the source is COMPLETE B.S. my guess is some yuppy programmer that works there found a 2 year old scratch pad that someone wrote down about their general plan. For example Doomfist, the fact he has a name already makes him a candidate for a character and his ethnicity and city of Origin were known when the Numbani map was created.

--------------------------------

By all means talk about stuff and speculate. But please avoid what people did with Doomfist and are STILL doing with doomfist (due to hack youtubers who treat every vague thing as 'confirmation') , and dont act like blizz is "shutting down our hopes" or worse, accuse them of lying or false hype, just because some pencil pusher at blizzard entertainment is purposefully disrespectful of blizz fans and company and chooses to 'leak" inaccurate and dated information.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Deleted
    This guy should be fired is its actually true. In breach of contract In so many fucking ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    This guy should be fired is its actually true. In breach of contract In so many fucking ways.
    What if its intentional,
    what if its Jeff himself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    what i find interesting about that original leak is how much bulltripe it is.

The most major thing people use as an example of its autheticity is the Lunar festival which is (like i said) bullstripe. They've had a major holiday in warcraft (do to the fact that most warcraft players are east asians whos countries celebrate that) for 10 years and have had that holiday in Heroes since release. So it would have been a HUGE exception for them to not have one considering how small of a holiday Halloween is in comparison.

Then of course saying "arachora " was a prediction of Orisa would be like saying "The next hero is a human cyborg from mexico named Jesus De la rosa". the only thing accurate is that it has more than 2 legs and is a robot.

While i dont think the source is COMPLETE B.S. my guess is some yuppy programmer that works there found a 2 year old scratch pad that someone wrote down about their general plan. For example Doomfist, the fact he has a name already makes him a candidate for a character and his ethnicity and city of Origin were known when the Numbani map was created.

--------------------------------

By all means talk about stuff and speculate. But please avoid what people did with Doomfist and are STILL doing with doomfist (due to hack youtubers who treat every vague thing as 'confirmation') , and dont act like blizz is "shutting down our hopes" or worse, accuse them of lying or false hype, just because some pencil pusher at blizzard entertainment is purposefully disrespectful of blizz fans and company and chooses to 'leak" inaccurate and dated information.
    Well the whole Orisa thing was actually more specific than you are stating. It was stated to be a uadroped and named Anchora because it was gonna be an anchor tank, which the Overwatch team describes Orisa as. They also got the "gender" of the omnic correct along with the voice style and location it was from.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-05-04 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most leaks are on purpose to generate hype. Sometimes they are private interviews that are released earlier than intended. Others are done on purpose. The few exceptions were when people discovered alpha/beta PTR's separate from the standard one you see in the client and datamined it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Most leaks are on purpose to generate hype. Sometimes they are private interviews that are released earlier than intended. Others are done on purpose. The few exceptions were when people discovered alpha/beta PTR's separate from the standard one you see in the client and datamined it.
    This.

Big businesses have the influence to strip videos and threads from places like Reddit and Youtube if they so desire, especially if something is leaked without their knowledge. They know people scramble to dig around for information and generate hype if there's a 'leak' and it wouldn't surprise me if it was done at times to gauge community desires/mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of this sounds like a Mei short.

Why are all of the new young characters women? Let's see some young guys again. Great, we have all the hurpdiversityderp we can, but can we get more than old men?

Deleted
    That thumbnail made me think Boostio

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that matters is whether or not Terry is voicing Doomfist, until that leaks, I dun care!
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Leak has Doomfist as a melee only character? Haven't they tried that already with Genji and it ended up being a total mess?

Bria seens like a cool idea, one I had posed somehere else before. Kinda depends how here walls work in practice though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope at least one is a support, this game could really use some variety on that front.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ivon sounds interesting.... gotta give him a cyborg eye though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

This all sounds like bullshit. Shit I could make up on the fly.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Why are all of the new young characters women? Let's see some young guys again. Great, we have all the hurpdiversityderp we can, but can we get more than old men?
    So ... you are saying "we have more then enough diversity" and then ask for more "diversity" but only the one you want?
    What?

So ... you are saying "we have more then enough diversity" and then ask for more "diversity" but only the one you want?
    What?
    The complaint is usually, "THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD LOOKING YOUNG GUYS! WHERE IS THE DIVERSITY!"

I can't think of a single one except maybe Junkrat? Maybe Lucio?

Meanwhile we have Tracer, Mei, Widowmaker, D.va, Sombra, and Mercy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The complaint is usually, "THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD LOOKING YOUNG GUYS! WHERE IS THE DIVERSITY!"

I can't think of a single one except maybe Junkrat? Maybe Lucio?
    Eye of the beholder. I think Zarya is a pretty good looking dude.