We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
  1. #1

    Overwatch competitive play leavers ?

    So i got into competitive play in Overwatch and every damn match there is 2-3 people leaving a few games the hole team leaves if round 1 is lost is this a thing for all ? or is it just due to me starting and therefor being at low *rank* ?

    Last night i had the same dude in 3 games ( not in row ) and every game he left as soon as his team got behind ...

    Is there not a penalty for leaving a game ?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Is there not a penalty for leaving a game ?
    there is.
    you earn 75% less xp for some time and can get banned suspended from comp.
    depending on how you leave, the suspension can last the entire season.


    i guess you are just unlucky.
    since season 2 i experience less and less leavers.

    Legendary update:Mage-2 Priest-2

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    there is.
    you earn 75% less xp for some time and can get banned suspended from comp.
    depending on how you leave, the suspension can last the entire season.


    i guess you are just unlucky.
    since season 2 i experience less and less leavers.
    Thanks that is what i needed to hear

    ok back to the game.

  4. #4
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    16,221
    I believe leavers still lose points as a loss (even if their team happens to win) and reduced XP, but I'm not sure there is any sort of system to discourage it entirely like preventing immediate requeues, grouped with other leavers, etc. It would be nice if there was some kinda of disincentive just because it sucks for the people they leave behind, but I'm not sure how they'd do it without negatively impacting queues for everyone. I understand that if people know it's going to be a loss they don't want to waste the last few minutes sitting around playing, but it really does have a negative impact on your teammates and considering how many games I've seen go the opposite direction in overtime or on subsequent rounds, I think it's also fairly rare that you can know it's a loss with absolute certainty.

    I haven't seen too many leavers myself this season (probably <5 games of the 26 hours I've got so far), but I've also only played in silver and gold games this season where people probably care a lot less about that sort of thing.

    I did play a game last night where every single person on the enemy team left but one poor guy, so we all went and hung out and just emoted with him at his starting point for the final around. At the point was about to hit 99%, all six of us lined up on the edge of the world and let him boop us off. A small consolation for him getting stuck with shitty leavers I hope.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenaraAnnoying

  5. #5
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    42,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I did play a game last night where every single person on the enemy team left but one poor guy, so we all went and hung out and just emoted with him at his starting point for the final around. At the point was about to hit 99%, all six of us lined up on the edge of the world and let him boop us off. A small consolation for him getting stuck with shitty leavers I hope.
    A couple of times it's happened to me, recently, someone on the team asked for help getting that near-impossible Lucio achievement where you wallride and get three kills before landing. Same kind of deal; let the poor bastard get SOMETHING for his guaranteed loss.

    Edit: Of course, a day after I posted that, I had a leaver, and the enemy team helped my get the Floor is Lava achievement.

    Hey, Universe. Some poor bastards need to win a lottery now and then, right?
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-03-21 at 04:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I believe leavers still lose points as a loss (even if their team happens to win) and reduced XP, but I'm not sure there is any sort of system to discourage it entirely like preventing immediate requeues, grouped with other leavers, etc. It would be nice if there was some kinda of disincentive just because it sucks for the people they leave behind, but I'm not sure how they'd do it without negatively impacting queues for everyone. I understand that if people know it's going to be a loss they don't want to waste the last few minutes sitting around playing, but it really does have a negative impact on your teammates and considering how many games I've seen go the opposite direction in overtime or on subsequent rounds, I think it's also fairly rare that you can know it's a loss with absolute certainty.
    There is a cooldown for re-queueing if you leave a comp match, I don't remember how long, but I do believe that it increases in length the more that you do it and that eventually the leaver ends up banned for the season. They also receive de-ranking as if they've taken a loss in the match, regardless of the actual outcome of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •