Totally baffled by Boomkin, need some fine tuning

I need some help as I have decent gear but cant determine where my major malfunction is occurring. Im embarrassed I cant execute awesome guides by some of the folks on here. Any quick thoughts would be appreciated here and any deeper analysis will also be appreciated as well as compensated with in game gold (or whatever mode of compensation you want) for those big dogs who can spare 20 min or so and perhaps get on discord with me and walk me through it (yelling like a drill instructor and calling me a maggot can be extra of course).

ARMORY LINK: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zziemon/simple

Craptastic Krosus Kill@373K dps: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...yagLB/#fight=1

Craptastic Star Augur Kill@406K: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...VgFma/#fight=1

both absolute garbage "grey logs".

This is an alt, so please help me not embarrass your community any further with my stumbling incompetence.
    Last edited by SFBayGamer; 2017-03-19 at 09:19 PM.

First off, talents. I can't see yours on this log, but I do see Shooting Stars procs. Your talents on pure ST fights like this should be: 3-X-X-X-2-3-3. 2nd, Your Lunar Strike casts are pretty low. You should try to use all your Empowerment stacks for both AP generators. Even though this is ST, an Empowered LS is better than a non-empowered SW. 3rd, Looks like you let Sunfire fall off for a pretty long consecutive time, one of our biggest no-nos.

I'm no expert at analyzing logs, but those are the obvious things I see. I'm sure someone with a more trained eye can tell you more. I think if you fix the talents and level out your LS to SW balance you will see a lot nicer numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnTopDeck View Post
    First off, talents. I can't see yours on this log, but I do see Shooting Stars procs. Your talents on pure ST fights like this should be: 3-X-X-X-2-3-3.
    yah sorry talents on armory I think but they are correct (323233) and were for those logged fights. will work on the rest mentioned and thanks.

- Moons cycle every 45s, meaning in every 1.5m, you should have cast them 2 times each. 3m = 4 times each, 4.5m = 6 times each. You didn't get 6 casts on any so you're delaying your moon spells too much. You should NEVER have 3 charges up at any time.
    - Was going to check your Astral Power generation but that log was without Advanced Combat Logging so I can't. Would help greatly to log with it.

Outside of that, I really don't know. Compared to my log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1 you seem to be doing fine, unless your artifact is just way behind. Your DoT ticks seemed way weaker than mine though.

Oh and to Capn, I used my typical build of SL > SotF > ShS > SD and did just fine. Talents will help but they won't change you by 60m damage (unless you're running ST on an AoE fight).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Moons cycle every 45s, meaning in every 1.5m, you should have cast them 2 times each. 3m = 4 times each, 4.5m = 6 times each. You didn't get 6 casts on any so you're delaying your moon spells too much. You should NEVER have 3 charges up at any time.
    - Was going to check your Astral Power generation but that log was without Advanced Combat Logging so I can't. Would help greatly to log with it.

Outside of that, I really don't know. Compared to my log:<CANT POST THAT> you seem to be doing fine, unless your artifact is just way behind. Your DoT ticks seemed way weaker than mine though.

Like polarthief said you seem to be doing fine. Just stick with what you know and what you have read and as you replace gear and get more points into your weapon you will see your damage go up. Remember we aren't the kings of single target don't beat yourself up too bad just because you notice your damage being lower on certain fights.

Oh and to Capn, I used my typical build of SL > SotF > ShS > SD and did just fine. Talents will help but they won't change you by 60m damage (unless you're running ST on an AoE fight).
    I would argue what polarthief had to say here is pretty spot on.

When he said "Outside of that, I really don't know." <<< I felt that for weeks hanging around a little above what you were pulling and I equipped he ring for guldan and my dps jumped up to about 500-600k. Also keep in mind that the ring you currently have equipped isn's high haste/mastery ring. So the two things I would try to fix is raising the stats you currently have.. starting with your crit/mastery ring. Also I don't know how many points you have on your weapon, but that can also be a big factor. I took a break for a while and I've been behind until almost this week. a big part of that was having less that 45 points in my weapon. there is an obvious gap between myself and another balance druid with 54 points. Lastly, I would look to get relics. Don't worry so much about getting "The best possible relic" look to upgrade that item level on your weapon. There is a shockingly big gap between 908-913.

Hope that helps. Just stick to the basics, Always Be Casting = ABC. Maintain your DoTs. Do not over cap on astral power and make sure not to cap moon spell stacks. If you do not have Cyous's weak aura tracker or a weak aura to track some of your balance stuff I recommend getting one.

Hi all,

Just adding to this thread, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong either.

My booms name is Captun on Proudmoore. I have Cnidaria, KJs, Boots, and OI.

Here is my most recent logs of mythic krosus wipes: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1

I feel like my DPS just blows, but I have high dot uptime and don't waste much AP.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Juanyunglo View Post
    Hi all,

Just adding to this thread, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong either.

My booms name is Captun on Proudmoore. I have Cnidaria, KJs, Boots, and OI.

Here is my most recent logs of mythic krosus wipes: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1

I feel like my DPS just blows, but I have high dot uptime and don't waste much AP.

Any help?
    I looked at your logs, looks like you might have missed a couple of moon spells and that could have been due to wiping, but other than that it looks like you were doing fine. (I'm not the best at looking over warcraft logs like some of the other people on the forums.)

I would use your OI on most fights, but I could see why you would opt to use the belt on a single target fight. I would not downplay the effectiveness of stats on the boots though and you might want to try those instead on single target. Most of the time I would look to use OI's though.

If I had to guess what the problem was I was looking at your druid on the armory and your mastery is extremely low. (46% i think. I know you can't always help things like this.) Two small tips that might help is one, Don't be afraid to use trained soldier and some other mastery enchants or gems. and also it looks like you are trying to get close to that 30% haste mark as far as I know thats a pretty big deal for balance druid's using ED and for the rest of us I think its okay if we are below that mark. I was low on mastery and currently i'm around 27% haste, getting more mastery was a pretty large increase to my damage. I am currently around 69% mastery and I can feel the power from it. Hope that helps.

Thanks for responding. I have a mythic chrono trinket and the heroic whispers, but KJ + Cnidaria are my highest simming legendaries, but only about 10k dps difference. Perhaps the biggest issue is that the way krosus ends does not bode well for balance as there is a lot of movement. I try to pre-move and such but it is what it is.

I think my haste is really just at 30% because that is the gear I have gotten. I can try to switch a few off pieces and see how that benefits me.

Hey guys,

I also need a little bit of help. I currently main boomie, my first ever caster, so keep that in mind.

I've currently got 46 traits and eq ilvl 898. Got the leggie ring (which is good) and the leggie shoulders (which i use as 2nd leggie) and the leggie ki'jaeden trinket (which i don't use). So no leggie head nor bracers (which is sad).

Here's the link to my warcraftlogs:

I always seem to be at the bottom of the dps table, which is really frustrating because I always try to improve, so far with barely any effects.

I don't know what my dps should be keeping in mind the 46 traits, 898 ilvl, no gul'dan trinket, crappy 2nd leggie, but I feel useless dps wise most of the time. Made me question why I keep playing WoW.

So I am asking you guys, the pros . What am I doing wrong? How can I improve?

Looking forward to your replies!

Meanwhile, best of luck & may our Lord, RNGezus, be with you! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys,

I also need a little bit of help. I currently main boomie, my first ever caster, so keep that in mind.

I've currently got 46 traits and eq ilvl 898. Got the leggie ring (which is good) and the leggie shoulders (which i use as 2nd leggie) and the leggie ki'jaeden trinket (which i don't use). So no leggie head nor bracers (which is sad).

I always seem to be at the bottom of the dps table, which is really frustrating because I always try to improve, so far with barely any effects.

I don't know what my dps should be keeping in mind the 46 traits, 898 ilvl, no gul'dan trinket, crappy 2nd leggie, but I feel useless dps wise most of the time. Made me question why I keep playing WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teseus View Post
    Hey guys,

Yeah, seems I forgot the links.

So I play on EU Ragnaros, character name Mojokhamon.

I can't post any links it seems.

Please help?