Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A little bit of makeup is fine, but some girls don't need it and look beautiful even without it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do girls who don't wear makeup have more self confidence than girls who feel the need to hide behind gallons of makeup on their faces? I think girls are way more attractive when they don't wear makeup.
    My partner is a pretty high profile model for various clothing chains, only time I ever see her with make up besides a touch of mascara or nail varnish is when she's on a shoot. She's very confident about her image, but that may be as a result of her profession. We both agree she looks nicer without it.
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2017-03-19 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's such a shame that we have people wearing makeup. It's 2017.
    p.
    They are certain women that NEED to wear makeup.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's such a shame that we have people wearing makeup. It's 2017.

Just accept how you look. Don't try to deceive the rest of society with makeup.
    I actually can't believe I agree with TennisFace.

I can't stand females who wear tons of makeup. Turn's me right off when they had an extra 2cm of thickness to the face just to look "pretty".

10+ Year Old Account
    There seem to be a lot of people in this thread under the mistaken idea that there are two sides to this - either you don't wear makeup at all, or you wear 2 pounds of it at a time.

There is nothing wrong with a woman using makeup to touch up here and there. It doesn't require spending 45 minutes in the bathroom putting on a layer of putty that could stop a bullet. It isn't being deceitful. If it was fashionable for straight men to wear makeup and not get made fun of, you bet your ass a lot of you would be doing it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

A lot of women wear make-up because it's fun and they like the way it looks. Self esteem can be a factor but it's more person to person and less universal than these kind of shallow inquires suggest. Makeup is legit fun.

Like getting your nails done- it looks nice and it's a fun thing to do.

I don't wear much makeup personally. Mainly because I am not that good at it. But sometimes I get my face made at the salon when I am doing something fancy that night. I am more of a nails gal.

Wearing makeup is in large part due to region or culture, women in the Pacific Northwest wear far less of it than women do in the South and the Midwest in my experience. I think it is in part due to the fact that people are more outdoors-y here and makeup is not practical for a lot of outdoor activities (like camping). I wear far less makeup here than I did in Chicago, a full nude face plus business professional attire was expected when I worked in finance.

I disagree with those who think that women wear makeup due to low self-esteem. Women don't wear it because they feel bad about themselves/are trying to "trick" guys, they wear it to feel glammed up and nice. Some people like the artsy feel good makeup application requires. I agree with other people who say that makeup isn't all that great for your skin and I'm glad I can get away with wearing relatively little out here and still look professional (dusting of powder, groom eyebrows, mascara, sometimes a nude eyeshadow).

Good makeup application though (in technique) can make you feel like a million bucks, even if you look good without makeup. I feel like/have been told I fall into that category and it is still fun to wear full makeup sometimes (minus lipstick, nail polish, jewelry...I hate that stuff).

I haven't met a woman not wearing some sort of makeup. At the very least everyone wears some very light powder or light cream to cover blemishes. Met tons of women who don't even consider that makeup though, but "basic hygiene" (which is obviously bullshit, but I get the point).
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2017-03-19 at 11:37 PM.

I prefer to use a lot of makeup because using little or none makes me look ugly compared to putting on more.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I like chicks who give a shit how they look.
    You can do that and not wear make-up...

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Do girls who don't wear makeup have more self confidence than girls who feel the need to hide behind gallons of makeup on their faces?
    It's not usually a matter of extremes. Only an inexperienced person wears tons of makeup, usually a teenager that is still experimenting. In time a person knows how to tastefully wear it without showing it much. I've noticed many a time that a touch here and there can make a difference

Of course the lass that knows she's naturally gorgeous can do without...(You know who you are)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    I prefer to use a lot of makeup because using little or none makes me look ugly compared to putting on more.
    Note: A self-assured pretty lass never begs for compliments.

Need to work on the self-assurance part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    ..the standard of ugly sure has changed. You look like every other woman without makeup.

There is also nothing wrong with make up. There are things wrong with to much make up.

I do skin care, hair care and caring for my teeth. Wearing makeup is reserved for when I'm going out, and even then I use it to enhance features rather than trying to cover them up. Every woman I know that's wrinkly combined heavy makeup with smoking and tons of suntanning. I'm not becoming an old prune until I'm 90.

I'm confident with how I look, with and without makeup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    They are certain women that NEED to wear makeup.
    Need? Where in the world is there such a situation that there's an outright need for certain women to wear makeup...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    A little bit of makeup can make all the difference. I mean there's plenty of famous women that look pretty bad without it (Kesha, for example, is fugly without makeup).
    Wow, you weren't lying.

Deleted
    Y'all can get fucked with this "Oh it's because of low self esteem" shit. People wear makeup for a variety of different reasons. Some people just like to look nice. Some people want to stand out, and wear very striking makeup. Some people want to make their best features stand out - in fact, makeup generally works best of all when people are using it to highlight their good features than to "cover up" their bad features, despite what many seem to think?

Most people will look better with makeup though. Male or female, near anyone can get away with some very discrete makeup and look better for it. Guys are just generally more lazy and don't care for looking after their appearance and hide that behind "oh makeup is for women and gay dudes on nights out" like pleeease, or all "ohh I prefer people who look natural, why would i try to cover up" as if you can either be totally natural, or covered in an inch thick of makeup and there is no in between.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the issue is once they start using make-up it will be harder to stop because you damage your natural looks.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's PRECISELY a self esteem issue.

News flash, men and women ( especially ) are very self conscious about their looks.
    Yes, men and women can both be very self conscious about their looks. However, when you say it's a self esteem issue, you're saying that the primary reason to wear makeup is because you don't feel good enough about yourself to go without, or because you feel better about yourself with it. When I say it's prevalent, what I mean is that there are people who will react negatively to you if you are a woman and don't wear makeup. Being unable to deal with that could indicate a lack of self-esteem, but you could just as easily be able but unwilling to put up with it, or even desire to make use of the positive reactions.

There are also people who like the appearance it creates. For a long time, I used gel in my hair because I enjoyed the appearance; I gave it up because I got tired of dealing with the product on a regular basis, and I decided I didn't like the effect more than I disliked the hassle, but it was never about self-esteem any more than wearing clothing I like is a matter of self-esteem.

To phrase all of that a bit more succinctly: you can care about how you look and choose to do things to improve that without it being indicative of poor self-esteem.

no makeup is better than poorly applied makeup. also i dont feel insecure about not having navy blue eyelids lol.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, you are not ugly without make up...so let us see you all made up?

Far better with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    I like chicks who give a shit how they look.
    So, me generally not wearing make up (except for some mascara) means that I "don't give a shit" how I look?

I find that highly questionably. I just don't really like dealing with make up, and yeah, while I maybe could "make" myself look slightly better (in the eyes of some people at least) if I did start doing so, personally, I just feel more comfortable without it.
    That obviously doesn't mean that others should do the same. It's entirely their choice. But I find it silly to assume that those people automatically "care more".