Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    American processed cheese gets a bad rap.

It comes perfectly burger/bun sized, it melts just the right way, it tastes good and - at least in America - it has a strong feeling of nostalgia with it.
    Annnnd you lost me. Sorry, but that shit is one step up from edible plastic. If I am going to put cheese on my burger, it is going to be proper cheese, not a yellow square of crap that has been processed so heavily it barely classifies as food.

Not a big fan of raw onions, but that does look good. I haven't had a decent burger in forever.

How common is mixing cheese in with the ground meat, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Not a big fan of raw onions, but that does look good. I haven't had a decent burger in forever.

How common is mixing cheese in with the ground meat, anyway?
    Somewhat common. It adds some gooey fun.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    American processed cheese gets a bad rap.

It comes perfectly burger/bun sized, it melts just the right way, it tastes good and - at least in America - it has a strong feeling of nostalgia with it.

Prior to the low fat milk revolution American cheese was the most common cheese you could really get on the cheap for decades.

Now though all the milk is low fat and cheese is cheap and common since it wouldn't do to just throw all that fat away.

Funny isn't it? We've pulled the fat from the milk but now eat more cheese than ever so we are consuming even more milk-fat than ever.
    It was cheddar cheese in the video. Not American cheese.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Have you guys had barnyard burgers? I've never had one but saw it on the BBQ pit boys and now I want to try it. The food on this channel always looks so good.

[video=youtube;r5aR7Ew-EGo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5aR7Ew-EGo[/]
    Steak N' Shake > All

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Steak N' Shake > All
    Steak n shake really isn't that great. You'd have case if you suggested Red Robins.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good. I do like the taste and texture of cold and raw lettuce-tomato-onion with the hot meat and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Steak N' Shake > All
    I will be going to Vegas this weekend, and Steak N' Shake is top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Steak n shake really isn't that great. You'd have case if you suggested Red Robins.
    I like Red Robbins Fried Egg burger but I would in my own taste, rate it a close second

Fun fact, American "cheese" is not allowed to be called cheese in the states. Every package says American Slices.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't even know there was a special name for this. My family does something very similar but with ground beef, pork, and/or turkey and use our own spices (paprika, cumin, etc.). Not recommended for people who like their burgers rare for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigapants View Post
    Fun fact, American "cheese" is not allowed to be called cheese in the states. Every package says American Slices.
    Pastuerized process cheese food, actually.

And to the doubters, we can by real cheese that comes pre-sliced. It's really no different from going to the deli counter and having them slice off the block.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I thought it was something else, but it does look tasty.