Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztranger View Post
    I really enjoy wow and the new direction of having lots of stuff to do. I certainly understand the competetive players being angry that they are never finished, but as a semi casual player it's great to always have something to do. I only compete with myself, and as long as I see my dps go up almost every week, the game feels great.
    Well said and this is the way that the majority of players play. Blizzard knows this as they have access to the data to back up their claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    what in the actual fuck are you talking about?
    I assume it's just butthurt. Especially now because all that cool stuff in the cash shop he's talking about can be bought with gold via wow tokens. Also by their lack of understanding the definition of P2W AND to top it all off not realizing that all the purchased gear from raids in the world doesn't make you a good play (Gear Don't Fix Stupid was a popular saying in my old guild).

As far as the thread title goes though. I don't think WoW has tried to keep the nostalgia at all, they seem to be moving forward while trying new things out and tweaking older things to find what the player base enjoys.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCream View Post
    WoW pre cataclysm and WoW post cataclysm are pretty much two different games, for a lot of people it truly was a cataclysm. No amount of nostalgic elements are going to bring back people that don't like the fundamental design philosophy of modern WoW. They'll keep playing their FFXIVs or vanilla servers.
    ^^^^ this people is bias and opinion
    people say this exact line
    wow before X and after X are compeltly differnt games
    some say cataclysm, some say wrath, some say cata, some say mop, some say wod, some will say legion

the game is mostly the same, yes there is minor changes, but if you showed somone both games, they would go "oh thats the same game!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I have played from vanilla till now and I absolutely loved vanilla it was new and nothing out was like it but would I ever go back? No, if the game never changed I would not be playing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    You read correctly. The important major ones are gone, gone, gone.

Some stuff cannot be obtained in-game. It didn't used to be that way, years ago. In older versions, everything you got, you earned in-game. Period. If you enjoy defending cash-shops (essentially DLC), cheers for you. Forgive me for not saluting yourself.

The stuff that can be bought from the cash-shop and re-sold on the AH, amounts to PTW. Deny away.
    There were TCG items early on back in thos oh so pure days you like to talk about.

- - - Updated - - -

You read correctly. The important major ones are gone, gone, gone.

Some stuff cannot be obtained in-game. It didn't used to be that way, years ago. In older versions, everything you got, you earned in-game. Period. If you enjoy defending cash-shops (essentially DLC), cheers for you. Forgive me for not saluting yourself.

The stuff that can be bought from the cash-shop and re-sold on the AH, amounts to PTW. Deny away.
    What does it win you? Ah chance to buy a BoE epic or an epic form the BMAH? Hardly winning anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Gold buys much in game. Power. Consumables for high raiding. If you don't understand this, well, it's pointless continuing. Others know and understand. Sorry you don't understand.
    Only if said power items are available to purchase. Even so, you win nothing. IF you were buying gear directly from the shop that had actual stats that would be different, since there would be an endless supply of gear there. In the game world there is a finite amount available.

Right .. Back then to 2004, 12 bucks a month was an awesome experience. You got to see every single item the game had to offer, provided you worked for it. Everything was available.

Nowadays, 15 bucks a month. We get to to see the game; most of the good stuff is in the cash shop. Best mounts in there too, outfits, pets? oh goodness. If I drop 5 grand I can buy from the cash-shop and sell what I buy for in-game gold in the AH .... ooh ... oh isn't that PTW?

[Of course not, says the people doing this], while others go away, unsubscribing in silence.
    Do the math on inflation, $15 is a deal.

As for the optionals, don't blame anyone but yourself if you're a crackmonkey with an addiction to spending.

I don't really think it has gone too far to keep old nostalgia since a lot has changed since those days and some of it is good, some bad.

What I personally miss most from back then was things like server communities when your rep actually mattered in groups, and when you had to actually use cc in dungeons and they weren't all mindless zergfests. But I can admit I do enjoy some of the later QoL changes that came with the game like account-wide mounts and tmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Yeah they definitely weren't trying to make money back in 2004. What the fuck?
    Now it seems to have become their only goal. They just throw out some more grind -- even worse, completely pointless grind -- to keep people busy but don't exactly focus much on the content, and even less on the spirit. The game doesn't feel great the way WoW once did.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    I even see people say they miss Cata these days... In my opinion it was only slightly better than WOD. in 5 years people will say they miss certain things about Legion.

Also what do you mean "lately" you've seen a lot of people saying they've been missing old wow. Loads of people have been going on about how BC, wotlk etc. was better than whatever the current xpac is for years.
    I think most people who prefer Cata simply didn't play before Cata. Personally I would only play old versions of TBC or WotLK for the pvp. It may not have been balanced, but it was much more fun. And the few dedicated pvp private servers that gained any kind of traction were TBC/LK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the game is mostly the same, yes there is minor changes
    There was a break in WotlK. With the introduction of heirlooms and the reduction of the xp needed to lvl up. It begins late BC with patch 2.3 (-17,3% XP needed to get to lvl 60). But in Wrath, it was -30% XP for lvl 60-70, plus the heirlooms (-20% or 25% if you got the ring). What all that means, is that WoW was no longer about leveling.
    Last edited by mmoc4c6eb0b34c; 2017-03-21 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Now it seems to have become their only goal..
    You haven't been around Blizzard very long, have you? That's always been their goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    But.... you buy those things with gold. You can make gold in-game. There's also no guarantee that any of the things you mentioned would produce any gear whatsoever, and even if it did, that's not "winning." Literally anyone can obtain the same items without paying gold. And this has been a thing since forever.

Pay to win infers that your real cash purchase gives some sort of benefit that would otherwise be either a) impossible or b) very much a time-sink to obtain, or c) gives you a clear advantage over other players who did NOT pay real cash. None of those things fit here.
    Spose it would be a matter of opinion but both B and c of your examples could CLEARLY be argued that spending real cash on tokens that convert to gold would allow someone to buy a run far easier and faster than someone who farmed said gold. Unless you would care to share this kickass farming spot you have for gold that earns it at that rate And generally I think when ppl use said gold to buy a carry they do get gear they would not have otherwise. Does not have any impact on me personally but nevertheless it is a thing and it is not fakenews lol

if we can't agree on that, well then not much to discuss is there
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2017-05-04 at 04:36 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas