Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Guy eats and lets the woman pay. Or as women usually call it when it's the other way around, "dating".

How does it feel ladies?

Of course when a guy does it, the cops gets involved...
    Yes, because an agreed upon social convention (and a stupid one, at that, but one agreed upon by both parties) is exactly the same as pretending to go out and take a phone call and doing a runner.

You don't HAVE to pay for someone else's meal on a date. If you go on a date with someone and, as a guy, you want to split the bill and she throws a fit, that should probably be your cue to never see her again, but even still, you won't be forced into paying her share. I agree it's a bad convention, but treating it like it's the same as just doing a runner is ridiculous and you look like a fucking tool for even trying to compare them.

But I guess you can't help it. Any chance to get one up on women leaves you foaming at the mouth like the pathologically idiotic moron that you are.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-03-21 at 12:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    You don't order what you're going to eat at the same time?
    Some people order appetizers while they decide on the main course.

Some restaurants take your drink order and bring you drinks while you look at the menu.

Desert is almost never ordered at the same time as the rest of the meal and sometimes has its own separate menu.

Some restaurants charge for drink refills on soft drinks, while alcohol, in-house crafted soft drinks/drinks, flavored lemonades, espresso, iced coffee, and a whole slew of other drinks as a general rule are not free refills.

You can also tip the waiter when you pay, if you're using a credit card or debit card and it would be hard to judge how much they deserve based on service not received.

I had this happen to me with a girl on first date. Never returned from bathroom and didnt pay her 20€ meal. I didnt have to pay it since I didnt order it. Gave the restaurant her name and everything and they dealt with it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    careful lads, might cut yourself on all that edgy sexism
    le upvoted my fellow paladin of justice.

Notice how these posters "coincidentally" have a point in common: they are all Trump supporters.

What a surprise, I could never have expected people who vehemently support a president who blurts out sexist remarks on a regular basis, be sexist themselves.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Notice how these posters "coincidentally" have a point in common: they are all Trump supporters.

What a surprise, I could never have expected people who vehemently support a president who blurts out sexist remarks on a regular basis, be sexist themselves.
    Indeed. It is all Trump's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Indeed. It is all Trump's fault.
    No.

Just slime attracting slime.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

What is this based on?

Isn't his phone number enough for the cops to locate and arrest him?

Someone I was friends with used to eat and tell us he left his wallet at home. He managed to find his credit card though when we finally left him to wash dishes.

Pointing out typical date sexism makes you sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    You don't order what you're going to eat at the same time?
    Nobody orders dessert with their appetizers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yes, because an agreed upon social convention (and a stupid one, at that, but one agreed upon by both parties) is exactly the same as pretending to go out and take a phone call and doing a runner.

You don't HAVE to pay for someone else's meal on a date. If you go on a date with someone and, as a guy, you want to split the bill and she throws a fit, that should probably be your cue to never see her again, but even still, you won't be forced into paying her share. I agree it's a bad convention, but treating it like it's the same as just doing a runner is ridiculous and you look like a fucking tool for even trying to compare them.

But I guess you can't help it. Any chance to get one up on women leaves you foaming at the mouth like the pathologically idiotic moron that you are.
    Sounds like he's angry from being single for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Nobody orders dessert with their appetizers.
    I've usually just had pho when eating out back in LA and some water...

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Have you never been to a dine-in restaurant or a bar in your life?

- - - Updated - - -

Based on what?

- - - Updated - - -

Soo, generalizing women is pointing out typical date sexism? Do you not understand your hypocrisy here?
    Didn't say all woman do it did it? Do you understand what generalizing is? You understand what joking around is? I love the faux outrage you spew.

Then why did you say she was "probably" expecting a free meal? Again, based on what?

Sorry I don't find sexism in a serious, real life context funny. This isn't a stand up special.
    Based on my own personal experience, I have dated lots of women, how many offered to pay? I can think of 2. Pretty sure if I poll most guys they will say they paid for meals.

You see there is this thing called probability, it means an increase chance, it by no means it's an absolute.

Being honest isn't sexist. These are unexplained values still held in America. Women grow up with these expectations. It's not necessarily a fault of being a woman, but it's a fault of our society, and it is hypocritical, nonetheless.

Then why did you say she was "probably" expecting a free meal? Again, based on what?

Sorry I don't find sexism in a serious, real life context funny. This isn't a stand up special.
    She actually probably WAS expecting it to be free. On dates it's VERY common for the male to pay. Expecting free meal =/= did it only FOR a free meal, though.

I will admit to chuckling at what this man is charged for. The few things he really did steal are worth charging him for, but the shock and awe of this article makes me giggle. It is institutionalized sexism that the man is supposed to pay for the woman's meal when taking her out to eat. He just did the opposite. Women everywhere should be applauding him.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

There's a difference between saying that on average, men pay for the meal more often than saying that the women expects the man to pay. More often than not, the man offers to pay.

Yeah, I'd probably regret having my ignorant, sexist views pointed out every time I posted as well. Good thing I don't have those views.
    A women tends to buy dresses, oh no I just said another sexist thing! #nexx226logic

There's a difference between saying that on average, men pay for the meal more often than saying that the women expects the man to pay. More often than not, the man offers to pay.

Yeah, I'd probably regret having my ignorant, sexist views pointed out every time I posted as well. Good thing I don't have those views.
    They offer because it's expected... Are you trying to be ignorant? I know you people try to see the world through a perfect lens, but you have to know that's utter BS. If a male doesn't, do you know how awkward it is to actually have to say "so, are we splitting this bill...?" And how often that kills anything going forward? You can't have any real life experience because life is not a beautiful cupcake, and woes do not only exist for women...

So you don't understand simple logic. Not surprised.
    LOL whatever you want to believe bud.