1. #1

    [Experiment] Play Fury without binding Furious Slash!

    Hi all!

    So I've been doing some experiments with macros, more specifically sequence macros, that would allow you to no longer have Furious Slash binded your bar. The reason I'm posting this is because I am interested in your opinions and/or improvements.

    The Fury rotation is pretty basic it's either (1) Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Furious Slash OR (2) Raging Blow, Bloodthirst, Furious Slash. When you have 100 Rage you use Rampage and do Sequence 1 ( if Raging Blow on CD) or Sequence 2 (if Bloodthirst on CD).
    It requires 3 different macros to do these sequences.

    Macro 1: Bloodthirst first
    Code:
    #showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /castsequence reset=1/target  Bloodthirst, Raging Blow, Furious Slash
    Macro 2: Raging Blow first
    Code:
    #showtooltip Raging Blow
    /castsequence reset=1/target  Raging Blow, Bloodthirst, Furious Slash
    Macro 3: Rampage and Reset Sequences
    Code:
    #showtooltip Rampage
    /cleartarget
    /targetlasttarget [nodead]
    /cast Rampage
    As you can see Macro 1 will do Sequence 1 and Macro 2 will do Sequence 2. Macro 3 is there to reset both Sequences, if you are very fast and you casted both Bloodthirst and Raging Blow before Rampage, you will cast Furious Slash after Rampage even though Bloodthirst is off CD. Macro 3 fixes this issue due to the cleartarget/retarget. It's there to re-evaluate whether you should use Sequence 1 or Sequence 2.

    It's even better if you have a keyboard with Turbo function, then you can just hold the buttons to do the sequences and no longer mash your keyboard like a madman. It will also help if you have a several haste procs at the same time(War Machine, Heroism and Elisande Speed Zone combined for example), where you have a hard time keeping up with the GCD.

    These macros can also be used when using your normal setup (Furious Slash binded), as the macros reset in 1 second you can still do your regular rotation and just use the Sequences macros when you feel like it.

    What do you think about this? Will you run into problems by using these macros? If so, which?

    Thanks!
    Last edited by MithosX; 2017-03-20 at 07:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    84
    Seems like this only frees up 1 button on your bar, so I'd rather have the 4 spells on it instead of 3 macro's. Gives me the illusion I'm doing something more.

  3. #3
    You have ruined me now. I hate you.

  4. #4
    Messes with the Execute phase when you want to Execute -> FS -> BT.

    But if that changes again, it seems pretty good.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennium View Post
    You have ruined me now. I hate you.
    Haha do tell

    Quote Originally Posted by Vsev88 View Post
    Messes with the Execute phase when you want to Execute -> FS -> BT.

    But if that changes again, it seems pretty good.
    Well I got the Ring and Helmet, and I always go Execute - Execute - Bloodthirst, I don't think I ever use FS. But if you do then yeah it fucks that up

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    Haha do tell



    Well I got the Ring and Helmet, and I always go Execute - Execute - Bloodthirst, I don't think I ever use FS. But if you do then yeah it fucks that up
    The point of using FS during Execute is because of the 2pc, the added crit chance is really, really nice with keeping Enrage up. I can't use my helmet yet but I would assume that having it equipped would give you even more of a reason to use FS due to the extra rage you get. =P

    Funny macro, though. Seems a bit excessive just to remove FS from your bars but I think it's an interesting idea.

  7. #7

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The point of using FS during Execute is because of the 2pc, the added crit chance is really, really nice with keeping Enrage up. I can't use my helmet yet but I would assume that having it equipped would give you even more of a reason to use FS due to the extra rage you get. =P

    Funny macro, though. Seems a bit excessive just to remove FS from your bars but I think it's an interesting idea.
    Yeah thats true. Its a slight DPS increase for me aswell, I didn't exaclty get it of my bars for the execute phase but for the pre-execute phase you no longer need to press it.

  8. #8
    Wait a tick, have I been doing this wrong the whole time? I always rampage, RB, FS then BT. The way I always had it in my head was I was going to cast both FS and BT inside enrage any way, why not have the BT have a higher chance of refreshing enrage?

  9. #9
    can you elaborate bit more. basically i should spam the macros. for example if i want to cast BT. i spam macro 1 and it will cast BT and the rest?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozilik View Post
    Wait a tick, have I been doing this wrong the whole time? I always rampage, RB, FS then BT. The way I always had it in my head was I was going to cast both FS and BT inside enrage any way, why not have the BT have a higher chance of refreshing enrage?
    RB>Bt>FS always. Bt deals far more damage than FS and you dont want to delay its cd, that just leads to less BT overall.
    Whether you have 2pc or not, FS is just a filler when everything else is on CD.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    The point of using FS during Execute is because of the 2pc, the added crit chance is really, really nice with keeping Enrage up.
    Actually it makes no difference whether you use FS or RB as a filler in execute phase. The increased enrage uptime barely makes up for FS awful damage.
    Most of your damage in execute phase comes from BC usage.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Baly View Post
    can you elaborate bit more. basically i should spam the macros. for example if i want to cast BT. i spam macro 1 and it will cast BT and the rest?
    Yes, Spamming macro 1 will do the basic rotation starting with Bloodthirst and spamming macro 2 will do the basic rotation starting with Raging Blow. You have to press Rampage at 100 rage. When Rampage is finished it depends on the cooldown of BT and RB which macro you will then use. Macro 1 if Bloodthirst is off CD after Rampage and Macro 2 if Raging Blow is off CD after Rampage. Rampage is the only point in the rotation where you have to re-evulate which macro you will use as either BT or RB will always be off CD after Rampage.

    Just so you know this is Single Target only PRE-Execute
    Last edited by MithosX; 2017-03-23 at 02:22 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MithosX View Post
    /targetlasttarget [nodead]

    #show Toben
    /cleartarget
    /targetenemy [noexists]
    /cast [nodead, harm] Toben



    its to be enough for reset the sequence and that yu dont get a friendly target
    Last edited by LaHans; 2017-03-23 at 03:04 PM.

  13. #13
    If you honestly cant play fury without macros... except maybe AV/BC... your not fit to play wow... dude fury is very simple and braindead... why the hell would you macro all this???

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancor65 View Post
    If you honestly cant play fury without macros... except maybe AV/BC... your not fit to play wow... dude fury is very simple and braindead... why the hell would you macro all this???
    It's not about relying on the macros-- it's about min/maxing your performance. The use of a macro like this can theoretically allow for faster button pressing while removing any potential for human error. This is clearly a path to betterment as a player.

    The fact that you can't discern that-- maybe you're(not your) not fit to play wow. While fury may be very simple, it can still be played masterfully and with optimizations that help boost performance even further.

  15. #15
    Pit Lord Seramore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Millbrae, California
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    Actually it makes no difference whether you use FS or RB as a filler in execute phase. The increased enrage uptime barely makes up for FS awful damage.
    Most of your damage in execute phase comes from BC usage.
    Okay .

  16. #16
    You are pressing 3 buttons with ocassional rampage as 4th and you are making macro for that... like wtf. Fury already got nothing to click anyway compared to some other classes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •