Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What may seem like magic to you is merely science to intelligent people.
    So what is the "science" behind the national debt shrinking? I mean, unless you are a complete idiot, you can see that the values in the table presented swing wildly day to day and week to week. In fact if the OP cut this off at the end of February, the national debt would look like it had actually gone up! This is another example of unintelligent people cherrypicking statistics to fit their narrative.
    Last edited by Deathquoi; 2017-03-20 at 05:18 PM.
    Beta Club Brosquad

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Being bad doesn't mean it isn't necessary. But in concept and application it is not only damaging, but an overall barometer of economic health.

    http://www.heritage.org/budget-and-s...-national-debt
    Recent and projected growth in U.S. government debt poses a serious hazard to the nation. At a minimum, high levels of government debt mean substantial government resources must go toward servicing debt—to pay interest. Further, theory indicates and a growing body of research suggests a consistent relationship between high levels of government debt relative to the size of the economy and abnormally high interest rates consistent with lower levels of domestic investment. This relationship appears to be currently suspended due to extraordinary efforts in monetary policy and extraordinary events in the global economy, but the traditional relationship between debt and investment and interest rates will almost certainly resume as these efforts and events subside.
    Is this why you cannot answer my question?
    Felya's Law: Same as Godwin's, but liberal instead of Hitler.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel,_Escher,_Bach
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for. - Edith Piaf
    Per GennGreymane: pragmatism trigger warning

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is this why you cannot answer my question?
    It's all there...keep reading.
    "We've never lived in a more peaceful or prosperous time since 1776." -Pre-911, MMO-Champion poster.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Science requires logic, facts and proof, please present the policies and factual evidence that Trump' s actions lowered the debt.
    I don't teach elementary school. You're going to have to submit your SAT scores, apply for admission, and pay your tuition if you want me to teach you.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I don't teach elementary school. You're going to have to submit your SAT scores, apply for admission, and pay your tuition if you want me to teach you.
    So you like Trump and don't want to say that is your reason because you know it is a poor one?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I don't teach elementary school. You're going to have to submit your SAT scores, apply for admission, and pay your tuition if you want me to teach you.
    Translation: I have no clue what Trump has done to bring the debt down, I just like giving him credit because I am a blind follower.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    This post is dumb and you should feel dumb for posting it.


    [Infracted]
    LOL Brisbane, Pro trump aussie, hahahaaaa.
    I have a hunch you voted for abott.
    Last edited by Reinaerd; 2017-03-20 at 08:18 PM.
    "Calling someone a 'dense spaz' is against the rules and considered a minor form of flaming."
    "If blizz dick was made of bubble gum 95% of this forum would be blowing bubbles 24 / 7"
    "Crass humor is humor still. Actually it's the best kind of humor."

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So you like Trump and don't want to say that is your reason because you know it is a poor one?
    I do like Trump, but that isn't my reason. I like Trump because he is entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Translation: I have no clue what Trump has done to bring the debt down, I just like giving him credit because I am a blind follower.
    I'm not blind. Trump has improved the economy and reduced debt by not being Hillary Clinton.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I'm more right than left, but I know how most macroeconomics work and the majority of the national debt that has been reduced over Trump's two months are not because of any of his actions. This is because, if it were him, he would have had to push and pass legislature that could effect the national debt, which requires time to pass, implement, then (if it actually works) reduce debt. Because it requires this extensive duration in order to be credible, it's asinine to attribute nearly any national debt reduction to him with his presidency still being in its infancy.
    You and Skroe are apparently the only conservatives on these forums who understand governmental economics. And I'm not just saying that from this thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    So what is the "science" behind the national debt shrinking? I mean, unless you are a complete idiot, you can see that the values in the table presented swing wildly day to day and week to week. In fact if the OP cut this off at the end of February, the national debt would look like it had actually gone up! This is another example of unintelligent people cherrypicking statistics to fit their narrative.
    OP probably didn't even do the picking. See unintelligent people don't really do any picking apart of or even looking at data, science, or even really that many facts. They let others do all of the witty stuff and just reshare stuff that is friendly to their political outlook.
    Liberal tears are actually the main ingredient in summoning The Dark Lord Zombie Reagan. That's why Trumpkins want them so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Read the rest of the thread. One is aloud to make an error..

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I don't teach elementary school. You're going to have to submit your SAT scores, apply for admission, and pay your tuition if you want me to teach you.
    "I have none of those things so I'm just going to pretend to be smarter than I really am by deflecting and making up shit."

    Nice rebuttal.

    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    What may seem like magic to you is merely science to intelligent people.
    What science? Please provide your work for determining if their is a statistically significant difference in the national debt now and 2 months ago.

  11. #91
    Obama had a US troop cap in Afghanistan which in some cases like the helicopters we sent there, the mechanics had to stay back in the US, costing the US tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars to pay for private contractors for repairs and maintenance. Little things like that end up adding to the national debt. So by eliminating crap like that, it is not hard to reduce the debt. Just needed a President with some cost saving policies.
    That's like saying you can save up for a brand new Mercedes Benz Automobile by buying cheaper clothes and food. What you wrote is very far from reality.

    I'm not sure which is worse: you know what wrote is false, and you intentionally lied. OR... well you might actually think what you wrote is true. Just like saving a few bucks here and there won't get you a new Mercedes Benz, saving a few million here and there won't get you to $100 billion. Not even close. It takes A THOUSAND MILLIONS to get to ONE BILLION.

    I hope you are just flat out lieing. If you think what you wrote is true...

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I do like Trump, but that isn't my reason. I like Trump because he is entertaining.



    I'm not blind. Trump has improved the economy and reduced debt by not being Hillary Clinton.
    There's no real way to back up those claims at the moment. It's kind of a stupid discussion to have at all really. Maybe in three years when he actually starts to do shit other than striking out for a third time with a muslim ban.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    There's no real way to back up those claims at the moment. It's kind of a stupid discussion to have at all really. Maybe in three years when he actually starts to do shit other than striking out for a third time with a muslim ban.
    Sure there is. It is a scientifically proven fact that he is not Hillary Clinton.

    As for the economy, stock market, etc., they are driven by perception and emotional responses to conditions. If the rich right-wing feel more confident with Trump at the helm, stock prices wil go up, and that will ripple through the economy. The poors who like Hillary don't drive the economy. They just drag it down when they get their way.

  14. #94
    The Unstoppable Force May90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Somewhere special
    Posts
    21,694
    Someone needs to google up the term "fluctuations" and then follow the entirety of the table.

    "Spin"? There is nothing to spin, my friend, no one asked you to demonstrate your ignorance in such an obvious way!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Sure there is. It is a scientifically proven fact that he is not Hillary Clinton.

    As for the economy, stock market, etc., they are driven by perception and emotional responses to conditions. If the rich right-wing feel more confident with Trump at the helm, stock prices wil go up, and that will ripple through the economy. The poors who like Hillary don't drive the economy. They just drag it down when they get their way.
    Seems weird that the most economically successful areas all had a significant amount more support for Clinton than Trump... almost like reality doesn't agree with your fantasy world.

    Regardless, this thread is about the national debt which has nothing to do with the stock market. This change is completely irrelevant to anything Trump has done. Deregulating also tends to drive the stock market up initially.

    I also got a good laugh out of your "rich right-wing" comment.

  16. #96
    oh look another person that doesn't understand fiscal years, budgets, ect

    As Trump said him self, he sure does love the poorly educated

  17. #97
    Ever give thought that national debt isnt a bad thing, and is actually a necessity for international trade?

    Didnt you guys take economics?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    It's all there...keep reading.
    I did... which is why I'm highlighting the part that tells you Trump's anti-globalization shtick, is what would make it a problem. The article explicitly tells you that it isn't, until Trump successfully moves closer to isolationism. Which part am I supposed to read, after that introduction?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    Ever give thought that national debt isnt a bad thing, and is actually a necessity for international trade?

    Didnt you guys take economics?
    Consider the fact that US dominates trade with the dollar, being something Trump and his support considers a weakness of the US. The issue isn't knowing economics, but understanding what Trump is actually proposing. The debt is a problem, when you consider international trade a problem.
    Felya's Law: Same as Godwin's, but liberal instead of Hitler.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel,_Escher,_Bach
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for. - Edith Piaf
    Per GennGreymane: pragmatism trigger warning

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I did... which is why I'm highlighting the part that tells you Trump's anti-globalization shtick, is what would make it a problem. The article explicitly tells you that it isn't, until Trump successfully moves closer to isolationism. Which part am I supposed to read, after that introduction?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Consider the fact that US dominates trade with the dollar, being something Trump and his support considers a weakness of the US. The issue isn't knowing economics, but understanding what Trump is actually proposing. The debt is a problem, when you consider international trade a problem.
    Exactly. /highfive

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I do like Trump, but that isn't my reason. I like Trump because he is entertaining.



    I'm not blind. Trump has improved the economy and reduced debt by not being Hillary Clinton.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •