Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    They are all distinctive asian temple/palace/"vault/whatever you want to classify that building" themed. Mind you that seems an overall issue of the expansion and not just the dungeons, as zones had similar problems.
    Compare to Legion. I would voice similar concerns if Blizzard decided to do 5 CoS Suramar style dungeons.
    It was an Asian themed expansion. You expected non Asian themed buildings in Asian themed zones? Also if you really can't tell the difference between a Monastery and a Wall then you clearly were not paying attention to MoP at all if you called that "5 temples in different colors".

All your argument boils down to is utter nonsense because you seem to think 5 themed dungeons means they are all exactly the same thing. They really weren't. Should you call out the Wrath ICC dungeons for being all Frost and Undead themed too then?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-23 at 02:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It was an Asian themed expansion. You expected non Asian themed buildings in Asian themed zones?
    " Mind you that seems an overall issue of the expansion and not just the dungeons, as zones had similar problems. "

So yes the core issue is making a 100% Asian themed focused expansion in the first place. Not because of the Asian theme itself, but because of the lack of variety which results from it. Using it in just 1 - 2 zone would have been sufficient. To bring up the Legion comparison again I wouldn't be thrilled about a Nordic dudes, Nightfallen or Naga dominated (the main selling point of the damn game) expansion either.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first half of WOTLK was peak WoW.

To me, Cata was the peak. But I was an arms warrior.

Wrath for me.

Cata was horrible, WoD was worse. I wouldn't consider MoP the peak, more like the bright spot in a cloud of darkness. I think if MoP had been a different theme I think it would be much higher than it was for lots of people. Legion is solid as well, just need to see how it ends before I know where it falls.

Deleted
    Not really, no.
    I don't recall doing much in MoP at all, except for some dailies (which got old pretty quickly) and the raids (where i skipped the 1st and 2nd tier almost entirely).

For me i have to split
    Questing:
    WoD (yes) > Cata > Legion > WotLK > Classic > MoP > BC
    Dungeons:
    Cata > Classic > WoD > Legion > BC > WotLK > MoP
    Content itself (gathering, design):
    Classic > BC > Legion (so far) > WotLK > MoP > Cata > WoD

I think the content gathering is the rise and the downfall of every addon. But atm it seems really good in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Gnome View Post
    Wrath of the Litch King was for sure the one that brought the biggest surge of content and that made people play the game for a ridiculous amount of hours
    Isn't that the main complaint brought against Legion?
    Last edited by mmoc02e6c98aec; 2017-03-23 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo

mop wasnt the peak but it was good, wrath was the peak.

It was great, but they never let monks be OP like DKs or DHs.

7+ Year Old Account
    MOP was frikken great, however Legion is just better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thomygnomi View Post
    For me i have to split
    Questing:
    WoD (yes) > Cata > Legion > WotLK > Classic > MoP > BC
    Dungeons:
    Cata > Classic > WoD > Legion > BC > WotLK > MoP
    Classic > BC > Legion (so far) > WotLK > MoP > Cata > WoD

I think the content gathering is the rise and the downfall of every addon. But atm it seems really good in Legion.
    I couldn't possibly disagree more with this lol.
    For me:
    Questing:
    WoD (yes) > Legion > Cata > rest
    Dungeons:
    Cata > Legion > WoD > Rest
    Legion > Rest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    All your argument boils down to is utter nonsense because you seem to think 5 themed dungeons means they are all exactly the same thing. They really weren't. Should you call out the Wrath ICC dungeons for being all Frost and Undead themed too then?
    No, my argument boils down that I dislike the overusage of the same theme. I doubt you would question MoP having a less diveres theme and architecture style than any other expansion right?

Yeah, actually I do. It was bordering on too much nordic style usage (rather the zones than dungeons), MoP crossed the line by far.

Blizzard also overexposed their newly introduced race which was a controversial one on top (personally I think they are fine in general). Compare it to how Blood Elves, Draenei, Goblins or Worgen were handled.

Look I understand and respect the opinion that there are people out there who can't get enough of the Asia theme. However I can't see how it's incomprehensible that it might be a bit too much for others and especially how Blizzard's decision to put all their eggs into one basket is a questionable and risky design.

Well even too much orcs is possible....
    What is the Legion version of "we're sick of asia/orcs" flooding the forums? There isn't one, because they got that part right this time.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-03-23 at 08:52 AM.

Do we really need this thread again?

Yes, everybody on MMO-C has an opinion about their favorite expansion. Yes, it's largely driven by personal experience. But no, nobody on this forum has a right to tell you that your fucking opinion about said expansion is somehow inferior because they feel their personal experience is somehow more important than yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    No, my argument boils down that I dislike the overusage of the same theme. I doubt you would question MoP having a less diveres theme and architecture style than any other expansion right?

Yeah, actually I do. It was bordering on too much nordic style usage (rather the zones than dungeons), MoP crossed the line by far.

Blizzard also overexposed their newly introduced race which was a controversial one on top (personally I think they are fine in general). Compare it to how Blood Elves, Draenei, Goblins or Worgen were handled.
    Totally. Similar color pallette across.zones and dungeons... TOO many similarities with real life come on the wall? Chun wong? Fragrant Lotus? For the love of jesus we get the reference. As subtle as an anvil.
    Pandaren obvious Mary sue, to the point of being obnoxious. Yes we get it, you're wise. Please Mr. Inevermetyoubefore keep telling my veteran of decades of wars how peace is more important. *shiver*

Deleted
    For me, i had my longest WoW-break ever during MoP.. Left after clearing MSV HC quite quickly, then only came back towards the end to prepare for next expansion.
    So that would probably answer what i thought about it :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do the moderators allow these threads to live? Every other week we have a new "Why was vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata/mop/... better than Legion"
    Hasn't it been obvious enough that everyone has their own favorite expansion with some being more popular than others?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherius View Post
    Why do the moderators allow these threads to live? Every other week we have a new "Why was vanilla/tbc/wotlk/cata/mop/... better than Legion"
    Hasn't it been obvious enough that everyone has their own favorite expansion with some being more popular than others?
    Yes but mop sucks! /s

MoP > Wrath >>>>>> Cata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Heroes of the Storm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legion

Deleted
    I didnt play end game MOP so i can not comment. But i can comment on the lvling aspect. For me MOP was the worst lvling experience i have had. I hate forced lore, you couldnt skip things cause you needed to do the boring Lore quest before to unlock the other quests. The first zones werent that fun and when lvling up again you had to do the same thing over and over again. At least with TBC WOTLK, CATA and Legion you could pick a diferent starting zone. (you didnt had to do Hellfire in tbc if you were lvl 60)
    Last edited by mmocce676f6b0f; 2017-03-23 at 09:32 AM.

Just gonna land that here:

The asian theme is perfectly fine in a fantasy game like WoW. Heck, even Conan has its share of Asians too, and nobody has ever complained about it... I thought that everyone already knew the books and movies about Conan..

MoP also wasn't only about pandas....I enjoyed for example the territories of the LionvsHorde quests and reputation, the rares, the Isle of Thunder, and so on..