Thread: Arena Tier List

Deleted

Arena Tier List

Hearthstone Arena Class Tierlist Post 7.1 (4 million games): Rogue >> Warlock >> Mage/Hunter > Priest > Paladin > Shaman >> Druid >> Warrior

https://twitter.com/heartharena

I'm not surprised to see Warrior last, because I think they're beyond awful in Arena, but its strange seeing Hunter over Priest or Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I think it's weird to use WoW patches to identify the time frame for hearthstone lol.
    Actually the current HS patch is :7.1.1.17994

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior is one of those gimmicky classes in Arena where, if you draft a crazy deck, is night unbeatable.

I remember watching a clip from Krip's stream where he had to deal with a 5/9 turn 4 taunt (bloodhoof brave) and he was like... welp, that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not Abyssal that carries Warlock any more it's Blastcrystal Potion.

Surprised at Rogue though, I do shit with that class in arena.

I'd put Warlock at 1. You have a lot of AOE, removals, and excellent minions. And of course, the best hero power in the game. You can not win in the late game value war vs a Lock when they're drawing two cards a turn.

Rogue is good because it has the most efficient damage dealing hero power of any class(well technically equal to Hunter, but Hunter's can only go face).

Hunter can be good if you build your deck super aggressively with low curve. You can really put your opponents on a clock with that hero power.

Warrior is very hit or miss. It can actually be amazing if you get enough weapons, but without them you get wrecked. It also has the worst hero power in the game(at least for Arena)because it doesn't deal damage, affect the board state at all, or draw cards.

The rest of the list I more or less agree with, although I tend to do better then most with Druid for whatever reason.

From my experience I'd say warlock is the strongest arena class. They have a great amount of proper board clears, single target removals and strong minions. Also their hero power can carry them a lot. As second I would say priest, which also has a lot of good board clears but also the Drakonid Operative synergy. Rogue and mage struggle for 3rd place imo.

The weakest are as that list says easily druid and warrior. They didn't get any good MSoG card unlike the other classes, and often lack proper removal and board clears. The warrior cards are also pretty bad, except for the weapons.

Hunter is rated way to high and shaman to low though. With hunter you either have a really good or bad deck, while shaman have a lot of good class cards and board removals. Hunters do get to play aggro a lot though.

I think it's weird to use WoW patches to identify the time frame for hearthstone lol.
    Oh really? Guess it's just coincidental then lol.
    Yeah, HS patches go very quickly. Typically ~2-3 major patches (X.0) per year since IIRC it's a new patch with every expansion (not adventure) and there's usually 2 per year (3 for 2017).

OT: I'm pretty surprised to see Hunter so high up and glad to see Mage dropped to 3rd/4th. To be fair though, I never play HS enough, let alone arena. I live my Arena fantasies through Kripp videos, lol (not even his streams; not a fan of watching streamers, though I do enjoy his daily YT videos)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

That is wins compared to the rate they are played, right? Or is it just total wins regardless or just the most played class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    That is wins compared to the rate they are played, right? Or is it just total wins regardless or just the most played class?
    Its based on Win Rate % excluding mirrors afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I'd put Warlock at 1. You have a lot of AOE, removals, and excellent minions. And of course, the best hero power in the game. You can not win in the late game value war vs a Lock when they're drawing two cards a turn.

Rogue is good because it has the most efficient damage dealing hero power of any class(well technically equal to Hunter, but Hunter's can only go face).

Hunter can be good if you build your deck super aggressively with low curve. You can really put your opponents on a clock with that hero power.

Warrior is very hit or miss. It can actually be amazing if you get enough weapons, but without them you get wrecked. It also has the worst hero power in the game(at least for Arena)because it doesn't deal damage, affect the board state at all, or draw cards.

The rest of the list I more or less agree with, although I tend to do better then most with Druid for whatever reason.
    Those are numbers based on 4 mil games after the patch and not on personal opinions. Depending on someone's playstyle, he may do better with Druid compared to Hunter for example, but overall, the hunter's win rate is much higher(better card selection, more useful hero power).
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2017-03-21 at 04:50 AM.

I didn't think rogue was too good either but just took a deck to 12 wins. Started off 0-2 and was pissed but I got her. Sprint and some awesome late game cards saved me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Those are numbers based on 4 mil games after the patch and not on personal opinions. Depending on someone's playstyle, he may do better with Druid compared to Hunter for example, but overall, the hunter's win rate is much higher(better card selection, more useful hero power).
    Yeah I know, I'm just saying for me the one area where I tend to be different from that list is Druid. But that might be a bit inflated by the earlier days of Arena where I wrecked havoc with Druid. Pretty sure I haven't had any real good Druid runs recently. Mostly Lock/Pally/Rogue.

Druid is just beyond terrible right now. Bad hero power. Taunts are to easy to remove with more spells being added. Jade takes to long to ramp up. I am surprised at Rogue being first though. As well as hunter being that high. Priest is beyond easiest to play and always gets me the most wins. Paladin and shaman are back and forth. You can usually get 4-5 wins with both with fairly crappy decks but if you draw good you go far. Same can be said for warrior except if you draw bad, you are screwed.