Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Artifact path for 7.2

Has anyone worked out what order we should take our new artifact traits to maximize dps?

Should we go straight for the golden trait, or are there others worth picking up first?

Deleted
    It is definitively a tough one. The number of choices and options we have are insane. I don't think anyone has worked it out yet since the overwhelming amount of possibilities we have to consinder can't even be calculated by super computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    It is definitively a tough one. The number of choices and options we have are insane. I don't think anyone has worked it out yet since the overwhelming amount of possibilities we have to consinder can't even be calculated by super computers.
    Uhh, no. The new traits are all in a separate linear path starting from the original x/20 trait. There's literally no thinking involved.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Straight to the golden ones. Get 1/50 in the paragon trait.
    Then max the Unstable Affliction one --> Perdition ---> 1% shadow damage one ---> Agony ---> Corruption and after that it doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Uhh, no. The new traits are all in a separate linear path starting from the original x/20 trait. There's literally no thinking involved.
    Oh no. What really? This is a huge surprise !!!!!

let me see if there is a sarcasm sign smiley on mmo for them special peoples.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no. What really? This is a huge surprise !!!!!

let me see if there is a sarcasm sign smiley on mmo for them special peoples.

I think in your attempt at humor you missed out on the actual question: Go straight to 1/50 OR fill in some of those 3/3 talents that are now at 3/4.

Good question that I don't have an answer to.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I think in your attempt at humor you missed out on the actual question: Go straight to 1/50 OR fill in some of those 3/3 talents that are now at 3/4.

Good question that I don't have an answer to.
    which ones are 3/4 ? I haven't seen any on the PTR artifact calculator. They are all still 3/3. http://ptr.wowdb.com/artifact-calcul...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

which ones are 3/4 ? I haven't seen any on the PTR artifact calculator. They are all still 3/3. http://ptr.wowdb.com/artifact-calcul...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    That's because you are using the wowdb calculator. Wowhead has the correct unlocking of traits.

it goes 34 Traits(all regular traits) -> 5% Damage Trait(Old first paragon point) -> 10% Damage/Stamina(1 point new trait). After this point, the Artifact Power required to get new ranks jumps tremendously from 1.95m to 10m and scales like it did before for traits 13-35, so 10m > 13m >17m >22m and so forth rather than being small increases like 36-54 was previously.

Also after you have unlocked the 10% dmg/stamina trait, all previous 3/3 traits become 3/4 and you can also unlock the new 0/3 trait at the same time if you wish.

Essentially, if you are 54 traits currently, you get 3 points to spend in the new artifact tree after the refund(if you don't count the 5% and 10% dmg/stamina nodes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    That's because you are using the wowdb calculator. Wowhead has the correct unlocking of traits.

it goes 34 Traits(all regular traits) -> 5% Damage Trait(Old first paragon point) -> 10% Damage/Stamina(1 point new trait). After this point, the Artifact Power required to get new ranks jumps tremendously from 1.95m to 10m and scales like it did before for traits 13-35, so 10m > 13m >17m >22m and so forth rather than being small increases like 36-54 was previously.

Also after you have unlocked the 10% dmg/stamina trait, all previous 3/3 traits become 3/4 and you can also unlock the new 0/3 trait at the same time if you wish.

Essentially, if you are 54 traits currently, you get 3 points to spend in the new artifact tree after the refund(if you don't count the 5% and 10% dmg/stamina nodes).
    So I have been fooled by using the calculators that are directly linked on mmo-champion and used on every single 7.2 news?
    Why would they do something so horrible as to mislead people

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Conflux, the wowhead ptr version has it: http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...TMQEzIBVLAVcAE
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Hey Conflux, the wowhead ptr version has it: http://ptr.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...TMQEzIBVLAVcAE
    Thanks.

I am going to write an angry letter to mmo champion for basically having useless data nobody can rely on

I love the fact that we only need : 865,842,637,915,000 AP to cap all traits after the current 35 traits.

PS: commas above aren't meant to fraction but merely separate the numbers for better readability. In case someone didn't understand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I love the fact that we only need : 865,842,637,915,000 AP to cap all traits after the current 35 traits.

PS: commas above aren't meant to fraction but merely separate the numbers for better readability. In case someone didn't understand.
    So we have like 6 AP with 1/20 talents and need like 900M, lol. Those numbers don't really encourage AP grinding to 54/54

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    So we have like 6 AP with 1/20 talents and need like 900M, lol. Those numbers don't really encourage AP grinding to 54/54
    Doesn't matter until 54: You are refunded the AP, so basically, you will still have to farm it, just with a higher AK (26 is already 100,000%). There was a post recently on the General forums indicating that you would relatively easily be able to get 1 trait per AK (so a 5-day timespan), but if you have already 54 traits now, you basically have this as a head-start on those that don't.

With 54 traits in your weapon, you can put the 10%dmg/stam one plus 3.5 additional traits. For the 4th trait, you will have to farm around 6M AP, which with the higher AK you get instantly is roughly the equivalent to 1.5M today at AK 25.

For Affli, I would also first unlock the new ones and then do like @Deadandlivin said Unstable Affliction one --> Perdition ---> 1% shadow damage one ---> Agony

For Demo it probably depends on your leggies. If you have the belt, probably the doom 3/4 might still be the biggest increase. If not, I would also go new ones first then doom, then the others.

Destro is the most tricky: We don't really have much info on the new traits at all. The Havoc one sounds extremely lackluster and the fire rift is debatable at best. So for Destro, I would probably start with the 2x immolate 3/4s and then go into the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post

That'll happen when they scale both knowledge and levels exponentially. We end up at something like 55 million% artifact knowledge at cap.

It just means we're effectively soft gated on AP by knowledge level. Couple that with the changes to how ap is rewarded and there will be very little reason to grind unless you're just close to a point you wanna get before you progress on a boss. Just do your dailies and push some keys as high as you can and you're golden.

The nice thing is this + the legendary changes *could* potentially put us in a position to actually play more than 1 spec. With relics being the largest problem.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That'll happen when they scale both knowledge and levels exponentially. We end up at something like 55 million% artifact knowledge at cap.

It just means we're effectively soft gated on AP by knowledge level. Couple that with the changes to how ap is rewarded and there will be very little reason to grind unless you're just close to a point you wanna get before you progress on a boss. Just do your dailies and push some keys as high as you can and you're golden.

The nice thing is this + the legendary changes *could* potentially put us in a position to actually play more than 1 spec. With relics being the largest problem.
    Generally agree with this, except for the "push some keys as high as you can": There is still a limit above which m+ does not reward more AP. It is said to be +10 (which is effectively a +15 with the re-baselined Heroic/Mythic dungeons in 7.2). Above that, neither the dungeon itself nor the weekly chest will award you more AP.

You can do higher keys for epeen, but that's about it.

On the leggies: I have yet to see how close the "non-BIS" ones actually come to the BIS ones. Personally, I do believe that there still will be a gap, but hope that it is not as big as it is at the moment.

The bonus traits don't have a path for most class. It's just a vertical path that you follow so there is no choice

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    Straight to the golden ones. Get 1/50 in the paragon trait.
    Then max the Unstable Affliction one --> Perdition ---> 1% shadow damage one ---> Agony ---> Corruption and after that it doesn't really matter.
    This, for Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Generally agree with this, except for the "push some keys as high as you can": There is still a limit above which m+ does not reward more AP. It is said to be +10 (which is effectively a +15 with the re-baselined Heroic/Mythic dungeons in 7.2). Above that, neither the dungeon itself nor the weekly chest will award you more AP.
    IIRC they specifically said that the rewards will continue to scale I believe up to +20 in 7.2. I haven't checked the PTR to see if they didn't do this, but it was said. With the point of that being to play off of you wanting that big reward from our chest.

On the leggies: I have yet to see how close the "non-BIS" ones actually come to the BIS ones. Personally, I do believe that there still will be a gap, but hope that it is not as big as it is at the moment.
    There's still going to be a gap, but they keep shrinking it with every pass.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    IIRC they specifically said that the rewards will continue to scale I believe up to +20 in 7.2. I haven't checked the PTR to see if they didn't do this, but it was said. With the point of that being to play off of you wanting that big reward from our chest.
    Hm, I remember a blue post somewhere that said that the weekly chest AP bonus would cap at +10. Need to find that again