We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Demon Hunter with CB suffers from the same problems as most energy-based classes :/
    As long as haste is bis, anything is fine.
    Whenever it is not, the mechanics feel extremely clunky.
    They really just should scrap the ring and lower CB cost/double the fury bar (for pooling)/ increase baseline fury gen.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Shishar View Post
    Demon Hunter with CB suffers from the same problems as most energy-based classes :/
    As long as haste is bis, anything is fine.
    Whenever it is not, the mechanics feel extremely clunky.
    They really just should scrap the ring and lower CB cost/double the fury bar (for pooling)/ increase baseline fury gen.
    Doubling the fury bar won't solve anything. Dhs without the ring very rarely cap on fury.

    They should just rework the ring into something else and remove all the RNG bullshit from the fury generation in DBlades, lowering the generated fury per proc if needed.

    It is retarded that DH is the only class in the game that has to go through 2 layers of RNG to generate resources. Miss chance + proc chance.

  3. #83
    Field Marshal Synthium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Osijek, Croatia
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    I am not against changes. I am against the ring being to supposed to fix things because of the power level it provides. And even if i got the ring today my point stands.

    The ring provides too much power and still does even after the nerf.
    You're playing the devil's advocate throughout the entire thread. So let me phrase it differently for you:

    Demon Hunters swing in roundabouts, they are constantly going through the cycle of rich man/poor man. Feast/famine as someone mentioned earlier. A lot of our damage througout the fight comes from our opener, which can sometimes be so fucked, I think once I managed to use only 5 Annihilations. Embarrasing gameplay design. Especially when RL brings you over because of our "insane single target damage", and it's very hard to explain to people who don't play it at all that you actually need to get lucky and in most cases can't repeat your insane opener in the next attempt.

    What the ring does, is slightly alleviate the pain so when it does proc - procs for SLIGHTLY more, which results in around 20 chaos strikes more than person without it.

    The reason why people keep telling you the ring doesn't need a nerf but rather the spec needs fixing is that ring simply helps with a broken spec that cannot RELIABLY deal consistent damage, it relies on a coin toss. We agree, we don't want our fury generation to be divided into 2 components - a baseline one which IS BROKEN AS F + a legendary ring that not everyone has; we want everyone to consistently have smooth fury generation just like rogues have smooth energy regen but further nerfing the ring as you suggested would make it:

    1) the same shit for people who don't have it
    2) worse than it is now for people who do have it, and it's not like we are saved from RNG at all.

    And if Blizzard wants us to ditch Demon Blades, they should make something else in that talent tree actually synchronize with the rest of our build, because Prepared is worthless and Appetite is just more RNG, just that now you have to press that moronic builder too.
    Last edited by Synthium; 2017-03-23 at 02:59 PM.
    I'm a whirl deep in dark waters, a stare in the shades of fir-trees
    I'm riding above with north wind, herding the black clouds of rain
    Mine is the kingdom, far from the moon to the sun
    I am the elder, standing forever as one.

  4. #84
    Bake Ring in baseline.

    Make Ring cause Blur to give 2 Fel Rush charges.

    tyty

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by butterknives View Post
    You said it yourself, everyone without the ring is fucked up. Is the solution to nerf the ring and fuck up everyone? Or to fix fury generation so that the added one from the ring isn't that important?
    DHs arent fucked up per se, we're strong single target wise. It sucks knowing that you could deal a lot more dps with ring. I'm always looking at the rankings in Warcraftlogs and i hate never getting top ranks just because of a missing legendary.

    Balancing legendaries is better than not balancing legendaries and letting one stay overpowered from hell.

    It's still the best legendary and i want the ring soooooooo much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Bake Ring in baseline.

    Make Ring cause Blur to give 2 Fel Rush charges.

    tyty
    Please stay realstic. They won't touch the ring, they rarely reworked legendaries and they only reworked the ones not working at all. Noone can say that the ring has no use. It's just too powerful with the current talents/setup.

    I don't like the gameplay, but i even more hate the feeling "oh i could've done a lot more if i was a more lucky". It was always enough RNG to get the right items, but that legendary mess is even worse.

    I have 6 legendaries. It might take another 3 or 4 months to get the other 4. Others might never see the ring.

    As long as someone as we have to assume a lot of people dont have the legendaries, i'm okay with balancing all of them. I want that.

    I know that a lot of people here already have the ring so they dont know how it sucks knowing that there's that one very very strong legendary and all you got is 4 crappy ones, 1 good (shoulders) and 1 mediocre(helmet).
    Last edited by Klatar; 2017-03-23 at 10:19 PM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    DHs arent fucked up per se, we're strong single target wise. It sucks knowing that you could deal a lot more dps with ring. I'm always looking at the rankings in Warcraftlogs and i hate never getting top ranks just because of a missing legendary.

    Balancing legendaries is better than not balancing legendaries and letting one stay overpowered from hell.

    It's still the best legendary and i want the ring soooooooo much.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Please stay realstic. They won't touch the ring, they rarely reworked legendaries and they only reworked the ones not working at all. Noone can say that the ring has no use. It's just too powerful with the current talents/setup.

    I don't like the gameplay, but i even more hate the feeling "oh i could've done a lot more if i was a more lucky". It was always enough RNG to get the right items, but that legendary mess is even worse.

    I have 6 legendaries. It might take another 3 or 4 months to get the other 4. Others might never see the ring.

    As long as someone as we have to assume a lot of people dont have the legendaries, i'm okay with balancing all of them. I want that.

    I know that a lot of people here already have the ring so they dont know how it sucks knowing that there's that one very very strong legendary and all you got is 4 crappy ones, 1 good (shoulders) and 1 mediocre(helmet).
    So I got the ring last week (just so you know my pain)

    Boots -> Chest -> Sephuz -> Helm -> (During softcap, the gap from 4->5 took TEN weeks) -> KJBW -> Bracers -> Ring.

    No shoulders, no belt, no prydaz (which is actually pretty damn good for DPS post 7.1.5)

    500 M+ (54 in both weapons)
    Over 1000 raid boss kills

    My guild disbanded the reset before it dropped so I've not actually used it in Mythic yet, and I won't be raiding until the 7.2 nerf hits.

    It was relief, not joy, not happiness.

    However, using the Chest as an example they're adding 10k dps to it, and knocking 10k off ring. The difference between the two has halved.
    Last edited by Zyalo; 2017-03-23 at 10:28 PM.

  7. #87
    TFW your 4 legendaries are Boots, Chest, Sehpuz, Helm

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldic View Post
    TFW your 4 legendaries are Boots, Chest, Sehpuz, Helm
    Yup, it was also at the time the softcap was being theorised, was incredibly tilted.

  9. #89
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    CPH, Denmark.
    Posts
    154
    As someone who doesnt have this ring I can only applaud this nerf. I think the difference in having it and not having it is too noticable and it shouldnt be. Especially before it was changed earlier in the xpansion

  10. #90
    As someone who doesnt have this ring I can only applaud this nerf. I think the difference in having it and not having it is too noticable
    It's the same with all our best dps leg

  11. #91
    Nice to see the buff to the bracers.

  12. #92
    So will Moargs be BIS for cleave fights now? Botanist etc.

    How will they hold up in M+ ?
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

  13. #93
    I am Murloc! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    A Dark and Dreary place
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    So will Moargs be BIS for cleave fights now? Botanist etc.
    Probably.
    How will they hold up in M+ ?
    If you pull the entire dungeon: Poorly against Raddons, decently against everything else
    If you pull 1 pack at a time: Quite well

  14. #94
    Nice to see this much emphasize about ring. Belt is what brings pure DPS right now without no RNG. And it's not like there are only one boss to hit up to 90%.
    I don't want to see non ring users but with belt complain, the difference between DHs with belt and without in NH is PHENOMENAL. Ring only helps to catch up over the time but it hasn't the power of belt.

  15. #95
    I am Murloc! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    A Dark and Dreary place
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Nice to see this much emphasize about ring. Belt is what brings pure DPS right now without no RNG. And it's not like there are only one boss to hit up to 90%.
    I don't want to see non ring users but with belt complain, the difference between DHs with belt and without in NH is PHENOMENAL. Ring only helps to catch up over the time but it hasn't the power of belt.
    But the ring is better than the belt.. By quite a bit. It will still be after the nerf, too.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But the ring is better than the belt.. By quite a bit. It will still be after the nerf, too.
    Depends on the boss really (if we only talk about parsing high since the belt damage is pretty useless on some fights while "padding" the DPS for the log).

    According to warcraftlogs right now (all mythic ofc):
    Skorpyron: does not matter since KJ and Raddons own for parsing high
    Anomaly: belt slightly better
    Trilliax: ring slightly better
    Aluriel: belt slightly better
    Tichondrius: belt slightly better
    Krosus: ring slightly better
    Botanist: ring slightly better
    Star Augur: ring slightly better
    Last 2: too few parses

    The differences are all within 5k DPS between the 2. So if we are talking about posting good logs, the Belt is pretty much on par with the Ring for various reasons at the moment.
    Górath on EU-Sylvanas
    Rankings old server
    Rankings new server
    I stream every raid (Wednesday and Saturday from 7pm to 11pm CET)

  17. #97
    I am Murloc! Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    A Dark and Dreary place
    Posts
    5,707
    Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de View Post
    Depends on the boss really (if we only talk about parsing high since the belt damage is pretty useless on some fights while "padding" the DPS for the log).

    According to warcraftlogs right now (all mythic ofc):
    Skorpyron: does not matter since KJ and Raddons own for parsing high
    Anomaly: belt slightly better
    Trilliax: ring slightly better
    Aluriel: belt slightly better
    Tichondrius: belt slightly better
    Krosus: ring slightly better
    Botanist: ring slightly better
    Star Augur: ring slightly better
    Last 2: too few parses

    The differences are all within 5k DPS between the 2. So if we are talking about posting good logs, the Belt is pretty much on par with the Ring for various reasons at the moment.
    The bosses where belt wins you have adds you can pad/dps. Anomaly, Aluriel and Tich. Tich mythic especially lets you pad. Bosses where you're ST the ring wins out. And on progress the extra ST dps will almost always be better.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    The bosses where belt wins you have adds you can pad/dps. Anomaly, Aluriel and Tich. Tich mythic especially lets you pad. Bosses where you're ST the ring wins out. And on progress the extra ST dps will almost always be better.
    So if we have both the belt and the ring we should be using them 2 legies then...? or is there some sort of weird combo I am not aware of.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

  19. #99
    High Overlord Xathanael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Fordragon View Post
    So if we have both the belt and the ring we should be using them 2 legies then...? or is there some sort of weird combo I am not aware of.
    In my experience, Ring + Shoulders (with meta relic CDs and/or CoF) outperform ring+belt in any fight that is 4 or 6 minutes long (allows for 1 to 2 extra Metas).

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Xathanael View Post
    In my experience, Ring + Shoulders (with meta relic CDs and/or CoF) outperform ring+belt in any fight that is 4 or 6 minutes long (allows for 1 to 2 extra Metas).
    I have the shoulders too, I'll try that then.
    -
    Edit: Yeah noticed a significant difference with those conditions on fights of 4 and 6 mins 30
    Last edited by Overlord Fordragon; Yesterday at 01:49 PM.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •