Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garageporten View Post
    high level tyrannical Melandrus in CoS
    Don't worry, this guy is a joke now.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    There is only one guy spouting that nonsense on page 1 and he was quickly put in his place by half a dozen people. So "all the people" is just 1 banned forum troll.
    There are more people saying it's not as flexible to use in M+ as in raids. Which is exactly what I explained.

Mana free is hardly a metric for M+ healing though, it's not a concern when you can drink in between pulls.
    The overhealing flag I'm raising is mostly because it's another reason why the new golden trait doesn't perform as well in a 5 man as it would in a raid.
    The cast time is an issue when in M+ a large metric for what spell you plan to use is HPS and HPCT; and GotQ might be free and might do quite a lot of healing, it also has a really long cast time. Which can be an issue.

Chain heal's cast time is indeed shit for M+; not sure what point you are trying to make here,
    So the point your making here is not really making any sense in reply to my quote. IF anything you double down on my point: Long cast time heals (such as chain heal and GotQ) have a more restricted (restricted, not the same as unusable) use in mythic+.
    Nobody is bitching about GotQ, it's a good spell. Nobody is bitching about CH it's a good spell. Just less so for M+ than for raids; which is fine. HS is better for m+ than for raids.

The only thing people might bitch about is how the new trait talents are very much focused on raiding as the 2x 1 point traits focus on 2 spells that have the best applications in raid scenarios.

I haven't at any point said it has poor value in mythic+.
    I use it quite often, there are a lot of static fights and putting HR down at a point where the fight isn't taxing on the healing only benefits me later on as it's basically free extra healing at that point (in a HPS/HPCT way; not a HPM way)

But you can't disagree that it doesn't hold the value in mythic+ as much as it does in raids. Which is exactly what I'm saying.

The point I was making is that both traits both new 1-point traits are really much better than a lot of people think they are. But for both PvP and Mythic+ they don't really do enough to warrant them over the other traits (assuming you do nothing other than that type of content).

We can agree to disagree if you don't consistently use HR and GoTQ in mythic+ you are leaving behind very good AoE Healing and a very good Flat % HP increase. Assuming you have a guardian GoTQ is a 750k heal from the buff, and +/- 300k for anyone else. Potentially if you can get all 5 people with it that's a 2 million HP increase from the buff of GoTQ alone not including the amount it heals for which if it crits is as high as 550k hp per target. Say it crits 1 and hits the rest that's another 1.5 million healing.

If the tool tip read as "3 sec cast heals all parties hit for 3.5 Million HP distributed equally half of the amount healed is also converted additional health for 6 seconds. " Would it make more sense to use ? Then in essence the 4th golden is going to make it say " 3 sec Cast heals all parties hit for 5 Million HP distributed equally half of the amount healed is converted to additional health for 10 seconds." People would be spouting about how OP the spell was. The cast time is long and you have to be well in practice in how you use it but it's absolutely 110% still VERY VERY good for M+. it's straight up OP for raids in my opinion RSham is insane good for several bosses in NH.

To be entirely honest I have no idea how you heal high level M+ w/o consistent GoTQ and HR use, you must be super stressed tossing out singles. I don't even need to pay a whole lot of attention until we start getting into 13's or so and even then it's pretty relaxed. Also , try on a +18-20 and tell me Mana doesn't matter in M+ and "you can just drink between pulls" haha

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Knockkout; 2017-04-10 at 08:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockkout View Post
    Also , try on a +18-20 and tell me Mana doesn't matter in M+ and "you can just drink between pulls" haha
    Is this before or after 7.2? While I've only done keys up to 17 since the change, drinking between pulls was fine in 7.1.5 (this coming from someone who did every dungeon 20+). Especially if you've coordinated with the tank and are aware of his self-sustain. Our bear always knew there was no healing outside of HST/whatever hot was left for a good 3-4s into a new pull.

Outside of this, I agree for the most part. I love HR/GoTQ in m+. Sure, HR might have places where it's not as useful when there isn't a lot of group wide damage, but the 10% HP from GoTQ will always be worth it in m+. The new golden is just a really good bonus.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I was quite skeptical of the new trait pre 7.2 to be honest. But not that i have it and have messed around with it, i really am a fan. I raid more than i mythic+ but i have been trying to do at least a +10 every week and honestly, this trait is great in mythic+. It may not be the throughout some of the other healers got, but that's ok.

And for pvp is a trash, or this is what i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Sageless View Post
    I think you confuse best with most useful.
    I think you're forgetting that healing isnt all raw output but how much your spec brings to the raid survivability. Which shaman is the best at. Shamans and Paladins are the best healers. No, shamans dont have the highest raw output without using their mastery, but that doesn't mean they're not the best healer.