Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    Why should you ever to be behind to the point that you can't attempt only good content in this game?
    I don't remember a time where you could not play, then one day decide you want to, log on and be ready for the hardest content in the game.

    It wasn't like that in Vanilla, BC, wrath or MoP. (I don't really remember cata raiding that well and WOD was the only expac where you could).

    Notice something? The one expac you could log on and be mythic ready within a few days (WoD) was the expac that was hated by most of the community. Why? Because it meant there was nothing to do aside from raid or pvp since you practically had to do nothing to keep up with the raiding or pvp scene.

    Now you actually have to play the game (OMG!!!) and keep current in order to mythic raid or be taken to harder content. You're basically complaining about having to actually participate and play the game in order to do mythic raiding.

    It boils down to this: If you wanna mythic raid then play the game. There's plenty of catch up mechanics so you aren't that far behind (can get 35 traits fairly quick, first 2 legendaries are faster to get, etc). If you don't want to do that then don't, but complaining that you actually have to play the game in order to do the hard content is outright stupid, especially when WOD didn't require you to play practically at all in order to mythic raid and it was hated by tons and tons of people for that exact reason: there was nothing to do.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-03-30 at 07:25 AM.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I don't remember a time where you could not play, then one day decide you want to, log on and be ready for the hardest content in the game.
    How bad are you at reading? There's an example on exact page you were replying on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aybar View Post
    Well it seems like a lot compared to say TBC. I was in charge of gearing new recruits in TBC. Back then this meant running the previous raid tier. I tried to have one new recruit of each armor class and generally with crafted gear a new recruit was ready in 3-4 week depending on luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    hated by tons
    But not by raiders. WoD had great raids.

    Also actual progression path isn't current locking out by repeating same content that requires zero skill but at 10x rate.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoy-o-tron View Post
    How bad are you at reading? There's an example on exact page you were replying on.




    But not by raiders. WoD had great raids.

    Also actual progression path isn't current locking out by repeating same content that requires zero skill but at 10x rate.
    Did you not read that guys post that you quoted? It took him 3-4 weeks to get someone raid ready for the current tier.

    That's basically the exact same amount of time it takes someone to be mythic raid ready right now in legion. You can't get free 890 gear from nethershards, you can have guildies carrying you through M+ for insane amounts of AP, etc.

    The guys post your using to attempt to make your point said 3-4 weeks until raid ready. If you think it takes that long in legion that's laughable.

    That's funny. I didn't say the raids were bad. You don't even know what we're talking about. WoD was absolutely hated by raiders because it took no time at all to be raid ready. The raids themselves were great, sure, but were talking about preparation/catch up, not the actual raids. Try following the discussion before responding. The raids were the only good thing about WoD, however it took no effort at all to get caught up and took about 3-4 days.

    I took a break before BRF, came back and was ready for mythic in 3-4 days. That's retarded and I'm glad it's not like that in legion, wasn't like that in any other expac either. Took 3-4 weeks in BC as the guy you quoted stated. Takes about 2 weeks in legion as well under the same scenario (having guildies).
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-03-30 at 06:49 PM.

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Did you not read that guys post that you quoted? It took him 3-4 weeks to get someone raid ready for the current tier.
    Yes, but it involved doing actual progression both as person and his character. Current progression person makes you progress your character on mindless stuff before you are even allowed to touch good content. More boring, more unfun, more punishing and longer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    WoD was absolutely hated by raiders
    If you call LFR warriors raiders then yes. But they are not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    hated by raiders because it took no time at all to be raid ready
    What kind of comment is this? It completely contradicts with logic. You don't waste your time on boring stuff and get to do fun part right away. And you are even allowed to play alts. It's perfect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That's retarded
    No, it's great. Only insane would wish to play a monkey before being able to enjoy good part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Takes about 2 weeks
    It doesn't? Even if you catch up with AP in two weeks you won't have good enough pool of legendaries to choose. Current active player has at least 10 and is allowed to gather them for another spec. Then there's gear too. This player would be allowed to be carried on farm bosses, but won't be used on progression. And there's ToS soon. Same issues.
    Last edited by Annoy-o-tron; 2017-03-30 at 08:05 PM.

  5. #285
    Can you close this thread already? It's going nowhere, this kid ain't gonna learn a thing and it just pisses normal people off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •