We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss

View Poll Results: Which one is bestest?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox One

    3 14.29%
  • Playstation

    14 66.67%
  • Nintendo switch.

    4 19.05%
  1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    1,823

    Which one is better console?

    Xbox One, PlayStation or Nintendo switch and why??!??!?!!? Which would you get it you could only get just one?

  2. #2
    Starting a console war thread? Tsk tsk. It's all about the exclusives; the more exclusives a console has that you like/want to play makes that console the winner.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    1,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Starting a console war thread? Tsk tsk. It's all about the exclusives; the more exclusives a console has that you like/want to play makes that console the winner.
    No. I hope not too. I may bite the bullet and get one and I can't only afford to sneak one into the house past the wife.... So just hope the pros and cons can be weighed so I get the best bang for the buck.

  4. #4
    if i had to get one id get a switch let it sit in a closet for when/if they release a monster hunter for it. consoles suck why would i ever play one when i have a pc.

  5. #5
    Old God Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with the Tifosi.
    Posts
    10,050
    Nice console wars thread. Anyway bought a PS4 for FF14 and because my friends mostly bought one. I have all 3 for the sake of my games collection. Plus PS4 had FF15 and is getting the Crash Bandicoot remaster along with the FF7 remake first. Other games I got for it were the Bioshock collection, Fallout 4, Ratchet and Clank, Project Cars, F1 2016 and others.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-21 at 02:43 AM.
    "A life with no changes can’t be called life. You can only call it experience." Lelouch Vi Britannia
    "I always thought records were there to be broken." Michael Schumacher.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn"- Clark Gable. Gone with the Wind. 1939.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Starting a console war thread? Tsk tsk. It's all about the exclusives; the more exclusives a console has that you like/want to play makes that console the winner.
    It is only a shitty thing if the fanboys come in and start shit. I actually like these threads/debates when people can remain civil.

    OT:
    Ultimately my PC is the best console for me right now because I'm on it more than any other console. If I had to choose between the three you said I would probably say PS4 right now. I'm ultimately an "xbox fanboy" in the console argument, but sony has much much better exclusives shipping right now. I can't argue against Nioh or Horizon Zero Dawn. I would rate Xbox One over the switch right now though, all the switch has is a bunch of gimmicky BS outside of zelda. As good as Zelda most likely is, it's not in itself enough to warrant a purchase of a switch. I wont buy a Wii U again because it was a waste of money the first time and Zelda has performance issues on it. Hopefully Nintendo can push out first party games faster on the switch than the Wii U, cause if Skyrim is their "premiere" third party game then oh fricken boy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    if i had to get one id get a switch let it sit in a closet for when/if they release a monster hunter for it. consoles suck why would i ever play one when i have a pc.
    Is there a PS4 or Switch emulator out that I don't know of? If so, lead me to it please.....otherwise they have gaming experiences you wont find anywhere else(depending on which PS4 games they put on PSNow).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No. I hope not too. I may bite the bullet and get one and I can't only afford to sneak one into the house past the wife.... So just hope the pros and cons can be weighed so I get the best bang for the buck.
    Honestly, if that's what this thread is for then buy a PS4(pro if you have a 4K TV). I'm usually always backing Microsoft and the Xbox....but PS4 is starting to get all it's exclusives out right now and you'd be dumb to get an xbox one over a PS4 right now. Unless all your friends play on xbox there's literally no reason to own it. I am only keeping my xbox right now because all my friends play madden on it and we have a connected franchise together. It doesn;t get used much outside of that.
    Rune - Retired DK
    Runetotems enhance shaman LFG

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It is only a shitty thing if the fanboys come in and start shit. I actually like these threads/debates when people can remain civil.

    OT:
    Ultimately my PC is the best console for me right now because I'm on it more than any other console. If I had to choose between the three you said I would probably say PS4 right now. I'm ultimately an "xbox fanboy" in the console argument, but sony has much much better exclusives shipping right now. I can't argue against Nioh or Horizon Zero Dawn. I would rate Xbox One over the switch right now though, all the switch has is a bunch of gimmicky BS outside of zelda. As good as Zelda most likely is, it's not in itself enough to warrant a purchase of a switch. I wont buy a Wii U again because it was a waste of money the first time and Zelda has performance issues on it. Hopefully Nintendo can push out first party games faster on the switch than the Wii U, cause if Skyrim is their "premiere" third party game then oh fricken boy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is there a PS4 or Switch emulator out that I don't know of? If so, lead me to it please.....otherwise they have gaming experiences you wont find anywhere else(depending on which PS4 games they put on PSNow).
    don't know about you but theirs not a single game on any console i wan't that i cant get on pc or my 3ds for say monster hunter.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    don't know about you but theirs not a single game on any console i wan't that i cant get on pc or my 3ds for say monster hunter.
    Horizon Zero Dawn or Zelda? I mean everyone has their preferences and that's all cool...but those games(right now since there's no emulation for them in a working capacity right now) are on many people's list of games to play
    Rune - Retired DK
    Runetotems enhance shaman LFG

  9. #9
    Legendary! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    6,868
    I think it is indisputably the PS4. The Switch just released 2 weeks ago and the Xbox One has mediocre exclusives when compared to PS4 and you can also play some of their exclusives on PC.

    PS4 is winning this generation no contest. In terms of sales, quantity, and quality of games Sony is crushing the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I'm saddened that at this point in time I can no longer discern satire from reality

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Horizon Zero Dawn or Zelda? I mean everyone has their preferences and that's all cool...but those games(right now since there's no emulation for them in a working capacity right now) are on many people's list of games to play
    never really cared for zelda have no interest in playing zero dawn. the kinds of games i really like are ones that are the best on pc's for example my 2 most played games on steam are terraria and divinity original sin, games i can play over 800 hours in and still always want to go back, i could never get the same experience playing theses games on console as i would on pc and all the new games that are coming out just seem quaint to me and peak very little interest. the only games i can even think of that are coming out this year i have any interest at all in are shadow of war and divinity original sin 2.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Starting a console war thread? Tsk tsk. It's all about the exclusives; the more exclusives a console has that you like/want to play makes that console the winner.
    Yep, the only reason I'd get a console is the exclusives. I would probably get ps4 for games like Uncharted, The last of us, Heavy rain...

    There's also a game called Vanquish that I always wanted to play because it looked like Mass Effect.

  12. #12
    Isn't that an unfair comparison? Switch is latest generation, you'd have to compare it to the PS4 Pro or whatever and whatever Microsoft is doing.
    If you think there's an 'e' in "ridiculous" or an 'a' in "definitely" I probably won't read the rest of your post.

  13. #13
    Playstation 4 Pro

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think it is indisputably the PS4. The Switch just released 2 weeks ago and the Xbox One has mediocre exclusives when compared to PS4 and you can also play some of their exclusives on PC.

    PS4 is winning this generation no contest. In terms of sales, quantity, and quality of games Sony is crushing the competition.
    It's not some of the Xbox One exclusives on PC. It's pretty much all of them, and Microsoft have stated as so. As much as the Xbox one is a good machine, anyone with a decent PC has no reason to buy one as Microsoft are seemingly no longer worried about the sales of the consoles and pushing the games.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scottishlands
    Posts
    839
    I put over 150 hours into Zelda on the Switch without even noticing it, and I loved it. I generally love Nintendo consoles due to the exclusives being generally amazing, and Nintendo willing to try new things. What have Sony or MicroSoft done in the console market? While people will say Nintendo just does gimmicks, I disagree. The JoyCons are great.
    Use them in the grip for a normal controller
    Using them separate is comfortable as fuck.
    Playing 1,2 Switch is fun as well, like wii sports mostly.
    Using one as an SNES style controller for multiplayer is great as well.

    I love the Switch.

  16. #16
    There isn't even a war. PS4 won long ago, the ps4 exclusives are much better than anything Xbox has.

  17. #17
    There isn't a best. Just what exclusives appeal to your family more.

  18. #18
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    8,699
    We don't allow versus threads here, as they rarely lead to productive discussion.
    {MMO-Champion General Rules} {Off-Topic Forum Rules} {Video Games Discussion Forum Rules}

    "Curse the fiends, their children too. And their children, forever true."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •