We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
  1. #1

    Empowered Prot artifact.

    Just curious if there is any chat or consensus on the order to put our points when our artifacts empower?

  2. #2
    I suspect you won't find a whole lot of discussion because getting to 51 points really doesn't take that long, so most of the higher and many of the more casual players will have hit that. So they'll just be able to pick them all up day one. However if I was in a situation where I wouldn't have 51 before 7.2 I'd probably pick up the 10% damage/20% armor, 10% stamina trait then fill out 4/4 of the survival oriented minor traits, then the 4% more parry, AD bubble, then the new gold trait, then the damage oriented 4/4 minor traits, then the endless proc. Personally I wouldn't b-line it for the new gold because it doesn't seem that great. 25% stronger sotr is nice, but I'm generally not dying while sotr is up, so it's somewhat unnecessary survival. But that's just my opinion.

  3. #3
    Ok, then help me out here, if i'm doing my math right and understanding what has been said, (maybe i'm not?)- having a fully upgraded weapon now gets you not even 5 points into the 7.2 system, so how are you planning on getting them all on day one?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I suspect you won't find a whole lot of discussion because getting to 51 points really doesn't take that long, so most of the higher and many of the more casual players will have hit that. So they'll just be able to pick them all up day one. However if I was in a situation where I wouldn't have 51 before 7.2 I'd probably pick up the 10% damage/20% armor, 10% stamina trait then fill out 4/4 of the survival oriented minor traits, then the 4% more parry, AD bubble, then the new gold trait, then the damage oriented 4/4 minor traits, then the endless proc. Personally I wouldn't b-line it for the new gold because it doesn't seem that great. 25% stronger sotr is nice, but I'm generally not dying while sotr is up, so it's somewhat unnecessary survival. But that's just my opinion.
    If you have all 54 traits on your current artifact, when you empower it you'll have enough for about 4/5 of the new traits due to the new AP scaling.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Ok, then help me out here, if i'm doing my math right and understanding what has been said, (maybe i'm not?)- having a fully upgraded weapon now gets you not even 5 points into the 7.2 system, so how are you planning on getting them all on day one?
    What?
    Never heard of that.

    But I read that while levels 1-35 remain unchanged in form of AP need, the levels thereafter require a bit more AP than right now.
    It goes something like this:
    1-35 Same cost before and after 7.2
    36-37 X milion before 7.2, X+Y million in 7.2

    So I don't believe that you can have all of the traits on day one, but you surely can go up to 45 or so, if your weapon was fully upgraded
    My personal gaming blog:
    https://potpourri87.wordpress.com/

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri87 View Post
    What?
    Never heard of that.

    But I read that while levels 1-35 remain unchanged in form of AP need, the levels thereafter require a bit more AP than right now.
    It goes something like this:
    1-35 Same cost before and after 7.2
    36-37 X milion before 7.2, X+Y million in 7.2

    So I don't believe that you can have all of the traits on day one, but you surely can go up to 45 or so, if your weapon was fully upgraded
    Yea, nope. You'll only get to 39/40 traits with all 54 traits. People don't realize just how crazy the AP scaling is with the new artifact levels. Trait 37 on it's own is 10M. Total AP needed for 54 traits currently is 65M and total AP needed for 40 traits is 70M. So you'll only be getting 4 traits when you empower your artifact.

    Also, the total AP needed to now fully max out your artifact (including the 50 point paragon trait) is 865 TRILLION AP. Happy grinding!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri87 View Post
    What?
    Never heard of that.

    But I read that while levels 1-35 remain unchanged in form of AP need, the levels thereafter require a bit more AP than right now.
    It goes something like this:
    1-35 Same cost before and after 7.2
    36-37 X milion before 7.2, X+Y million in 7.2

    So I don't believe that you can have all of the traits on day one, but you surely can go up to 45 or so, if your weapon was fully upgraded
    I meant almost 5 new traits which would be taits 36,37,38,39, im not sure where you're going to 45.

    Basing my info off off.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...in_715_to_get/

    is this accurate?

    point being, we can't get all of our new points, which raises the question what is the priority list we want to shoot for?

  8. #8
    And the cost of the new traits is so ludicrous that trying to max everything before getting some more AK is an exercise in futility (though tryhards gonna tryhard)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •