Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is the nightmare siding with the legion in the Temple of Elune assault?

So this felt quite odd and I never actually got a real answer.
    The legion wants to rid the worlds of the corruption and blablabla, the nightmare is the corruption sargeras wants to purge from the universe (created and controlled by the old gods directly, in the nightmare's case, they're the armies of N'Zoth)
    So wtf is up in the temple of elune? I thought the demons were enemies of the nightmare
    PS: I am looking for an actual lore response to this, not a random guess

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    The legion wants to rid the worlds of the corruption and blablabla, the nightmare is the corruption sargeras wants to purge from the universe (created and controlled by the old gods directly, in the nightmare's case, they're the armies of N'Zoth)
    So wtf is up in the temple of elune? I thought the demons were enemies of the nightmare
    Xavius is in charge of satyrs, and he was corrupted so his forces (almost entirely satyrs, corrupted by nzoth) work for old gods now. I can't imagine what that big ass terrorfiend is doing there tho.

It's because the Satyrs (and N'zoth) are using the Legion attack as a diversion to continue the corruption. Plus it might also be that the Legion doesn't realise the Satyrs have swapped sides so in the eyes of the legion they're using old allies for an attack on Night elf strongholds.

Plus Old Gods (well N'Zoth he's the only one left) are deluded in thinking they can defeat Sargeras.

Do any demons besides Sargeras actually care about fighting the Void?

Deleted
    The real reason can only be guessed, but we have some clues.
    First, the Old Gods have wanted to use the Legion, more specifically Sareras being conjured into Azeroth as a means of breaking free themselves before, in the War of the Ancients.
    Second, they probably know that Sargeras is not planning to destroy the planet anymore, but instead wants to conquer it and make it "his". If we were able to learn that, they probably could too, if they weren't the origin of the vision after the WotA that made him change his mind. Source for that is the Artifact knowledge from the Scepter of Sargeras :
    "....
    Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."

Lastly, we have the Xal'atath quote in which she says regarding the Nightmare, that it in itself is the proof that Sargeras' plan was vain, because the Void can corrupt demons too. My guess would be that the Old Gods and in extension the void lords simply do not care if the Legion takes Azeroth. They need it as a distraction and probably so we inadvertently open N'Zoth's prison. After that, they are ok with whoever wins, because they don't care who they need to corrupt to get to corrupting the World Soul. Maybe (but that is pure speculation) it's even easier, if the World Soul is already corrupted by the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."
    so....Sargaras has a crush on Azeroth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    so....Sargaras has a crush on Azeroth?
    he, so it seems, buuuut I usually opt out of that thought.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If the legion wins there the old gods plans are ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I just assumed they were using the legion to thin out the herd so to speak. They know we're strong enough to stop the legion and know they can use us to stop the legion and unlock their cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    In truth Xavius is just leading Demons/Satyr into the Emerald dream thinking 09he can tame the Nightmare when in truth its him who has been corrupted.

Xal'atath whispers: Here you will see why the Legion's invasion is ultimately futile. All can be corrupted, dreams and demons alike. (in Val'sharah)

Xal'atath whispers: Xavius, running from one master to the next, scrambling for power, yet defeated again and again. The God of the Deep picks a poor champion? Or, is there something else at play? (when facing Xavius)

Xal'atath whispers: It is possible N'Zoth may be responsible for her form, but her arrogance is all her own. (at Lady Hatecoil)

Demon or not Xavius is being played by N'Zoth. For all we know the entire point of the Emerald Nightmare Raid and Xavius' plans was to lure us into the dream and kill Iggy Tree Vagina so that he could be freed and sent back to Ny'lotha. Sargeras sent Xavius to take out to corrupt the dream but what you can see only in the fight with Xavius is the Old God's beat him to it at its core.

Xal'atath whispers: Corrupting the guardians of the dream is a bold move. But Xavius may be overreaching. He would be better off quietly spread the nightmare’s influence, instead of raising such alarm. (at the Dragons of Nightmare)

N'Zoth doesn't mind if your naughty but he hates you when your sloppy. Long story short Xavius is the Patsy of N'Zoth and who knows maybe goading us into the nightmare with a corrupted Ysera was just another step in taunting us into the Nightmare to kill that actual tumor chained up inside.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2017-03-21 at 05:03 AM.

I'm pretty sure Sargeras' crusade against the void lords/old gods is something he kept for himself. Remember that all the legion races are either corrupted or corruptable, which is something Sargeras wants to elliminate. The legion probably thinks they destroy worlds for the luls, so to some lower ranked demons the nightmare or old god creations are not some kind of archenemy.

Sargeras would be dumb to trust even Archimonde/KJ with his deepest plans (vanquish everything) cause then why would they serve him if at the end they were to be destroyed too?

simply put its alot easier to do what you want when the guards/jailers are dead.

doesnt matter if you want to use the building yourself or blow it up.

both sides agree you should probably get rid of the guards first

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I'm pretty sure Sargeras' crusade against the void lords/old gods is something he kept for himself. Remember that all the legion races are either corrupted or corruptable, which is something Sargeras wants to elliminate. The legion probably thinks they destroy worlds for the luls, so to some lower ranked demons the nightmare or old god creations are not some kind of archenemy.

Sargeras would be dumb to trust even Archimonde/KJ with his deepest plans (vanquish everything) cause then why would they serve him if at the end they were to be destroyed too?
    well to be frank that elf boss in nightholde knows the Legion exists to destroy the void or keep it from corrupting this universe

- - - Updated - - -

p.p.s to reiterate using my guard metaphore.

Both sides dont need to talk to, or even know about the others existence in order to kill the guards. for each side individually do do bad things to azeroth you need to kill its protectors first.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Because they are superbly intelligent and he convinced them that on a rational level, his philosophy is sound and destruction is the only option?
    Kj and arch know it all, they act as an extension of sargeras's will
    Tbh there is always a tenue line between void/demons where ones seem to use other

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    Do any demons besides Sargeras actually care about fighting the Void?
    Yes, actually. His name is:

Kil'jaeden The Deceiver.

Archimonde The Defiler Just wants Power, while The Deceiver Outsmarts his opponents, he fights FOR Sargeras' Quest to Destroy. HE saw The vision Sargeras saw ages before, Not Velen, Nor Archimonde.....

Kil'jaeden is worshipped by Warlocks/Ritualists all across The Universe. Kil'jaeden (In Reality) Is a Galactic Overlord, Similar to Archimonde. However, we find him as a Terrifying Beast.....

Kil'jaeden is only doing what he thinks is right for all, cause, In his very mind, he thinks he's doing the right thing....he wants to know that he is....others think he is...

However, we don't see it, as we're too foolish enough as to not get the Bigger Picture...

We're MORTALS, Not Overlords of Time, or some shit like that....

We can't see what the legion is seeing. However, if we did, we'd likely think of something different...

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Yes, actually. His name is:

Kil'jaeden The Deceiver.

Archimonde The Defiler Just wants Power, while The Deceiver Outsmarts his opponents, he fights FOR Sargeras' Quest to Destroy. HE saw The vision Sargeras saw ages before, Not Velen, Nor Archimonde.....

Kil'jaeden is worshipped by Warlocks/Ritualists all across The Universe. Kil'jaeden (In Reality) Is a Galactic Overlord, Similar to Archimonde. However, we find him as a Terrifying Beast.....

Kil'jaeden is only doing what he thinks is right for all, cause, In his very mind, he thinks he's doing the right thing....he wants to know that he is....others think he is...

However, we don't see it, as we're too foolish enough as to not get the Bigger Picture...

We're MORTALS, Not Overlords of Time, or some shit like that....

We can't see what the legion is seeing. However, if we did, we'd likely think of something different...
    Source on that?

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

I don't think he would've trusted Archimonde with the Void Lord Destruction Plan, But....maybe He saw Some greatness in Kil'jaeden that No one else saw. He saw a Man who lead from behind, recruiting people to Join the Legion's ranks, while acting like a Leader, when Archimonde was destroying shit on the front-lines. He saw Archimonde as a Fighter, similar to how Sargeras was before-hand, yes. But, Archimonde was too dumbfounded, Kil'jaeden was...different though. Kil'jaeden wants everything for his Eredar. He wants them to expand, he wants to make the Legion Glorious, He isn't power-hungry like most. And when he fights, he doesn't fight alone like Archimonde, he Defiles, He Traps, he's sneaky....

And that's why Sargeras trusted Kil'jaeden. Kil'jaeden had Similar Motives, like Sargeras. He wanted to Protect his people, he wanted to expand his race, his tech, his knowledge. He wanted to know the secrets, he wanted to destroy any that'd cause Harm to the eredar, and the Legion. And because of such, Sargeras made him his Second in Command....

However, Velen wants to do the exact same thing, he just chose The Light, While Kil'jaeden Chose its exact Opposite. Velen is More Peaceful, more collective with his Choices. Kil'jaeden plans though, he's more....at it, and focused with his Plans. Archimonde is....I don't fucking know anymore....with his plans, what's he doin?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Source on that?
    Why do you ask for a source? The TOS Audio Drama, The 7.2 Voice Files, The Chronicles, They ALL show that Kil'jaeden is NOTHING like the Others. He talks about how Velen lacks Vision, How he foolishly doesn't see the Fate of ALL WORLDS. He was granted Visions Of The Future, Knowing that The FEL is the way to go. He Gives the Weak Power, and Trinkets. He Gives his Champions a Destiny, And he see's similar eyes with his Master.

You act as if an INTELLIGENT being like himself would just be blinded by Sargeras' Might, only Joining to Destroy, and Conquer. HOWEVER, You fail to realize this:

The Eredar Wanted to EXPAND, To Know SECRETS of the Universe. Sargeras had ALL The Knowledge, Atleast someone would've asked for The Legion's Purpose, Maybe a Questioned Kil'jaeden?

Why do you ask for a source? The TOS Audio Drama, The 7.2 Voice Files, The Chronicles, They ALL show that Kil'jaeden is NOTHING like the Others. He talks about how Velen lacks Vision, How he foolishly doesn't see the Fate of ALL WORLDS. He was granted Visions Of The Future, Knowing that The FEL is the way to go. He Gives the Weak Power, and Trinkets. He Gives his Champions a Destiny, And he see's similar eyes with his Master.

You act as if an INTELLIGENT being like himself would just be blinded by Sargeras' Might, only Joining to Destroy, and Conquer. HOWEVER, You fail to realize this:

The Eredar Wanted to EXPAND, To Know SECRETS of the Universe. Sargeras had ALL The Knowledge, Atleast someone would've asked for The Legion's Purpose, Maybe a Questioned Kil'jaeden?
    Sounds like generic evil blabber.

Sounds like generic evil blabber.
    No....

That title goes to Archimonde....

No....

That title goes to Archimonde....
    What you just said was the exact same retarded shit Elisande was spitting on us before she tasted the floor. "I saw teh future" "There is no other choice" "blahblahblah". Always the same, always ends in failure.

What you just said was the exact same retarded shit Elisande was spitting on us before she tasted the floor. "I saw teh future" "There is no other choice" "blahblahblah". Always the same, always ends in failure.
    No, That's that Kil'jaeden/Sargeras Said....

*Uses them as a shield*

I'm just telling you what they're telling me, the player...