Your Questions for Hearthstone Game Designer Dean Ayala!
Patch 7.2 Preview - A Challenging Appearance!
In the recent developer interview, it was revealed that these are going to be very difficult challenges that don't scale with gear.
Artifact Weapons have been proven to be powerful tools against the Burning Legion. With the release of patch 7.2, we are not only adding an Artifact questline to unlock new traits, but we’re also adding a new Artifact challenge appearance. But, you’re going to have to earn it — the hard way.
‘You Must Be This Tall’
To be able to take on the challenge before you and earn your new Artifact appearance, you’re going to need to meet a few requirements first. You must be level 110, purchase all 35 of the ranks for your Artifact weapon, and complete the questline to unlock access to the four new traits available with patch 7.2.
A Towering Achievement
Returning to the Broken Shore has a lot to offer including new structures that open additional benefits for those adventuring through the island. For those who plan to earn their Challenge Appearance the Mage Tower is going to be an important building to invest your Legionfall War Supplies in. When the tower is active and you’ve met all of the requirements, a new quest will become available to you. This quest is a continuation of your Class Order campaign and will ask you to take care of a little unfinished business via a solo encounter. You’ll need to face a powerful foe to earn your new appearance — but it’s not going to be easy.
This encounter will provide players with the opportunity to show their mastery of their class with a solo skill challenge. There are 7 different challenges available which are tailored to your class role. Each role’s challenge will vary slightly whether it’s healing a group of support npcs, tanking and keeping your group npcs from being killed, or straight dps to kill the boss. There’s no gear requirement, but you’re going to want to invest in getting the best gear you possibly can if you’re going to walk out of the encounter with a brand-new look for your weapon.
The Cost of Success
The first time you get the quest, you’ll be able to enter the encounter for free. If you fail—and there’s a good chance you will—the next (and the next) time is going to cost. If you’ve been active within the Broken Shore, you’ll have started to accumulate Nethershards. You can use these Nethershards to purchase additional chances at the encounter. The Mage Tower is active for three days before it’s destroyed, so time is limited. If you’re determined to give it a good run each time the tower is available, you might want to spend some time under the shadow of the Sentinax to gather as many Nethershards as you can. Success with earning your Artifact weapon’s Challenge Appearance is going to cost — but bragging rights will be yours when you do succeed.
Get the Look
These appearances have been inspired by previous class questlines that led to weapons like Anathema/Benediction, and Rhok’delar. No grouping is required—or allowed—and completing the challenge will reward a truly distinctive appearance.
Good luck out there! You’re going to need it.
Patch 7.2 PTR Legendary Items Changes - March 20
Most of these legendary changes have been in recent PTR builds. The March 14th version of this change list has the rest of the changes.
- Multiple Classes
- Norgannon's Foresight: Now triggers after standing still for 6 seconds (was 8 seconds), granting you the ability to cast while moving for 4 seconds (was 5 seconds). Now has a new visual indicating when you gain its ability to cast while moving. Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
- Sephuz's Secret: Now always grants 10% increased movement speed and 2% Haste. When triggered, this bonus is increased to the current values of 70% movement speed and 25% Haste. Movement speed bonuses now stack with other movement speed bonuses.
- Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr: Howling Blast deals 20% increased damage to enemies recently damaged by your Remorseless Winter (was 40%).
- Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads: Damage bonus duration increased to 30 seconds (was 20 seconds).
- Demon Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- Anger of the Half-Giants: Demon Blades generates an additional 1-6 Fury (was 1-8 Fury).
- Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- X'oni's Caress: Now also reduces Ironbark’s cooldown by 20%.
- Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- All Specs
- Belo'vir's Final Stand: Change removed
- Cord of Infinity: Each time Arcane Missiles hits an enemy, the damage of your next Mark of Aluneth is increased by 1%. This effect stacks.
- Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- If you have either Cinidaria, the Symbiote or Gai Plin’s Soothing Sash, your odds of getting the other belt are significantly reduced.
- Ei'thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas: Uplifting Trance increases your Vivify healing by an additional 10% and causes it to heal 1 additional target.
- Drinking Horn Cover: The duration of Storm, Earth, and Fire is increased by 0.4 seconds (was 0.6 seconds) for every Chi you spend. The duration of Serenity is now extended by 0.3 seconds every time you cast a Chi spender.
- The Emperor's Capacitor: Damage bonus per stack increased to 100% (was 50%).
- March of the Legion: Now has an additional 1068 Mastery (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat. Haste stat reduced slightly.
- Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- Uther's Guard: Now has an additional 617 Haste (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
- Aegisjalmur, the Armguards of Awe: Now has an additional 617 Critical Strike (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
- Justice Gaze: Now also causes Hammer of Justice to generate 1 Holy Power when used against targets above 75% health. Mastery reduced by 412 (@ ilvl 940) and Haste increased by 412.
- Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- Skjoldr, Sanctuary of Ivagont: Now also increases Power Word: Shield’s absorb amount by 15%.
- Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- All Specs
- Will of Valeera: Now has an additional 658 Mastery (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.* Haste reduced by 412 and Critical Strike increased by 412.
- Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- Sin'dorei Spite: With Grimoire of Supremacy, there is now a visual debuff that displays the 3-minute cooldown.
- Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
- All Specs
- Timeless Stratagem: Now has an additional 717 Versatility (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
- Mannoroth's Bloodletting Manacles: Now has an additional 771 Versatility (@ ilvl 940) as a third bonus secondary stat.
- Thundergod's Vigor: Each enemy you hit with Thunder Clap reduces the remaining cooldown on Demoralizing Shout by 3 seconds (was 1 second).
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentSo when 7.2 hits we can only obliterum pvp season 3 gear and not season 2?
FinalBossTV Episode #132 - Legion Shadow Priests
FinalBossTV covered Shadow Priests this week.