High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Some advice needed (Enh shaman)

Hey there,

I started to play enh shaman in this exp and I have really enjoyed it. I mainly use my shaman for M+ and for alt raids (since my main is still my prot paladin).
    Really enjoyed the boulderfist playstyle before the patch, but I changed away from that after that patch came out.

I haven't got the 4 set piece and I have just 2 legos so far (not been lucky in that department), so my choise for gear is currently limited to what I wear right now.

The advice I'm seeking is, should I stay with the build I'm running now, or should I switch over to a boulderfist build ?
    Here is my char: lokivalhall

I have tested out a more cleave heavy build but I'm not sure if I should stick to current build or switch.

You don't go to boulderfist build until 4 piece.

Quote Originally Posted by crowpala View Post
    Hey there,

I started to play enh shaman in this exp and I have really enjoyed it. I mainly use my shaman for M+ and for alt raids (since my main is still my prot paladin).
    Really enjoyed the boulderfist playstyle before the patch, but I changed away from that after that patch came out.

I haven't got the 4 set piece and I have just 2 legos so far (not been lucky in that department), so my choise for gear is currently limited to what I wear right now.

The advice I'm seeking is, should I stay with the build I'm running now, or should I switch over to a boulderfist build ?

I have tested out a more cleave heavy build but I'm not sure if I should stick to current build or switch.
    Go to the spec that doesn't overcrowd the raid by melee by yet another player.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Hey there,

Your current build is fine until 4pc, where you can switch to Boulderfist.
    Besides that, I guess you're using the speed totem because of no druid available? If not, use Lunge.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Hey there,

Personally, I would go with the Boulderfist/Tempest build if I were you.... the 2 set is more then enough to switch. All that extra crit from SS will give you lots of damage if paired with Tempest for double SS's. People have recommended the Fury of Air/OC build in the past, and it does good dps but that is mainly based off sims and if u look at those results both the FoA build and the Tempest build are like a few thousand DPS difference between each other (would link it but can't find those results anymore), but thats on patchwerk fights, and in practice it seems to me that Tempest is better after the 2pc. It is an easier rotation too which lets u focus on mechanics or positioning.

Also for gear, mebbe see if u can replace your wrist, gloves, boots for haste/mastery stuff if its only like 10 ilvls lower.... it is prob worth it. You got alot of crit right now, and with the 2pc it gives SS a huge buff to crit already and that will be a large part of your damage, so bonus crit is unnecessary.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for a good reply :-)

I would love me some more haste/mastery gear, and I will grind out some high m+ keyes this week and hope for upgrades on those items you mention.