Deleted

Mythic + struggle

so today i healed a black rook hold +12 and i genuinely found it harder than hc nighthold bosses, my gear is 890 well optimized for crit and mastery. what kind of mythic + levels are other shamans pushing as i felt the class didnt have enough insta casts or powerful enough short casts to keep up with the damage there was also what talents are you guys swapping into to make life easier?

Quote Originally Posted by wtf2urez123 View Post
    so today i healed a black rook hold +12 and i genuinely found it harder than hc nighthold bosses, my gear is 890 well optimized for crit and mastery. what kind of mythic + levels are other shamans pushing as i felt the class didnt have enough insta casts or powerful enough short casts to keep up with the damage there was also what talents are you guys swapping into to make life easier?
    1211331 makes healing mythic plus pretty straightforward and easy. You can spam surges as mana really isn't an issue at all and you can keep riptides on everyone. I'm at basically the same item level as you on my shaman alt and the first really rough healing I had was a 17 EoA on the last boss this week. Even with all five stacked it was hitting for about 1.8 million on each person but with waves and dispels and frost circle it was a challenge to get off a gift that hit everyone which left surging everyone to full as the best option, I probably should have chained to be more efficient but with that talent setup you can pretty easily heal the group with riptide surge surge rotation and then ascendance/tide/link when needed as three individual cooldowns.

Deleted
    I generally go Ascendence, Echo, Vigor, Guidance and Undulation (rest are set in stone choices). You need to be spamming Surge and using cds liberally, remember you can drink in between pulls. if it was a pug you where doing don't set any stock in difficulty, there are a large amount of bad pugs that cannot even 0chest a place like blackrook with certain affixes

7+ Year Old Account
    For the majority of the dungeons, I run 1112231. Occasionally I'll drop EST for Vigor, if it's a boss like General Xakal in Arcway who may one-shot someone with his knock back. The reason I run AG when a lot of people run Crashing Waves is because I basically use AG off CD as long as there is AoE damage incoming to help with mana. The second combat drops I sit down and drink. I don't run with pugs normally, so my tank knows I wont be healing him for 5-7s and pulls accordingly.

What trinkets do you have? What abilities are you focusing on? What legendaries are you using? Do you have tier equipped? Are you using mana pots? Health pots? Are you using CDs frequently liberally or conservatively? Is your group using any personals or health pots?

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

I run 1211231 for M+ I use sephuz and the helm, since on tyrannical bosses can easily last 70 seconds or more, and you get increased throughput that much longer. My highest healed is an 18, but like some others have said, I run with guild groups, and we communicate well. If you're running with pugs, or with a bad tank it will be harder.