Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I agree. I run out of space on leveling alts too - all the time. Increase to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Uhhh, you DO realize that World Quests (and thus, Emmisary) don't -actually- take up log space, right?
    That is semi but not entirely true.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does no one read or listen to Q&As?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Quest Log
    There is a lot of content in Legion and players are hitting the quest log limit.
    The concern with raising the limit is how it will become hard to keep track of all of the quests you have.
    The team wants to look at the underlying cause of players having all of these quests rather than just increasing the limit.
    They recognize that with the non-linear leveling in Legion plus the Profession and Order Hall quests result in players having a lot of quests at once.
    One thing that could be investigated in the future is having special story quests not count towards the quest log limit.
    At some point after max level this limit stops being a problem as you finish off the quests.
    Back in september: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas

They won't raise it because you really don't need more than 25 legitimate quests being tracked at once. Prune the profession and order hall quests, take some of those sort of things out like the forge and anything Khadgar gives you, and you're left with enough quest log space for plenty of quest hubs across multiple zones.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-03-22 at 09:00 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    So does no one read or listen to Q&As?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Quest Log
    There is a lot of content in Legion and players are hitting the quest log limit.
    The concern with raising the limit is how it will become hard to keep track of all of the quests you have.
    The team wants to look at the underlying cause of players having all of these quests rather than just increasing the limit.
    They recognize that with the non-linear leveling in Legion plus the Profession and Order Hall quests result in players having a lot of quests at once.
    One thing that could be investigated in the future is having special story quests not count towards the quest log limit.
    At some point after max level this limit stops being a problem as you finish off the quests.
    Back in september: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Hazzikostas

They won't raise it because you really don't need more than 25 legitimate quests being tracked at once. Prune the profession and order hall quests, take some of those sort of things out like the forge and anything Khadgar gives you, and you're left with enough quest log space for plenty of quest hubs across multiple zones.
    This is true, but 6 months later and they haven't shown any signs of actually changing it. The quests are organized under when zone they are in so I find it difficult to believe it will cause much confusion if they raised the cap, and it seems the simplest of solutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnfargen View Post
    This is true, but 6 months later and they haven't shown any signs of actually changing it. The quests are organized under when zone they are in so I find it difficult to believe it will cause much confusion if they raised the cap, and it seems the simplest of solutions.
    I doubt it would add any confusion at all, but it's important to remember that Ion is thinking in very broad terms, player-wise. I'm sure there are plenty of decisions that never get made or are cut short because "the average player can't handle that" or whatever. The inventory changes recently have been great; Sorting, mat storage and sorting, mostly keeping quest items out of bags (they did such a better job with this in WoD vs now), but a big proponent of those changes were casuals logging in, seeing a cluttered inventory, and logging out. Overwhelmed by their own inability to keep tidy, or remember what their quest items were for, what mats they needed with them etc.

Imagine those same people with a quest log of 60 quests, because they just click anything with an exclamation point. Quests ranging from current content to expired holidays and quests from zones 40 levels ago they just forgot about. What's confusing for those idiots is just simple UI management for us.

Developing with that "lowest common denominator" in mind must get tiring.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-03-22 at 09:01 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

It's all about technical limitation - server storage, needed to store current state of quests on all characters.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Total agreement here. Once I had hit 110, I got spammed with about 7-8 Quests to go do, plus the many others I still had from just Questing. Had such a difficult time juggling my quest log to make sure i could fit them all in. Blizzard just needs to remove the cap, with the amount of Quest has been handing out, theres no reason to cap it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    No please! We all know that if this happens, the next 6months this forum is full of "WHY THEY FORCE US TO MAKE 50QUESTS A DAY?"
    Some people take shit like this as if it was an obligation, instead of an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It's all about technical limitation - server storage, needed to store current state of quests on all characters.
    I don't think so, the amount of additional space is trivial compared to many other things they are adding (ie, they started tracking all items you ever got - that's a metric ton of data they now have to store for each character).

Perhaps they just see it as a low priority item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with you there. Even just raising to 30 would make my life easier.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Yes! I would love to see an increase in how many quests the Quest log can hold.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't think so, the amount of additional space is trivial compared to many other things they are adding (ie, they started tracking all items you ever got - that's a metric ton of data they now have to store for each character).

Perhaps they just see it as a low priority item.
    This is just scaling problem. When you develop such complex system - you should think about scenarios, like "number of Battle.net accounts tends to infinity". Will your resources be able to scale with the same ratio or there is some limitation? For example you should know, that Database may become exponentially slower with linear growth of data.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-22 at 01:28 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    With all the account wide, weekly stuff, pet battle quests , 3 emmisary quests , class hall pvp/arena/raid quests, it's high time they increase the cap to like 40 or 50.

Anyone else running out of questlog space regularly?

And this is purely on Legion content, not going as a lowbie to too many zones.
    Why would you have 3 emisary quests at the same time, without handing them in???

Also, I haven't reached the 25 quests cap EVER.. I loved they raised it from 10 during TBC, but with the streamlining of quests, you should never cap out..
    There are no true quest hubs (pick up 5-10 quests at the same time and work on them simultaneously) since TBC, so I fail to see how you by gather so many quests... Unless your aim is to actually reach cap..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/