Post UP/Down Votes

I think every thread needs a up/down vote option, then a filter to see only post with a certain about of up votes. This will help better to understand the topic of said thread and you can bypass most of the non constructive post.

I think it'd work as long as the downvotes are hidden similar to Blizzard's forum (people bandwagon too easily), but when a post gets a certain number it becomes hidden and/or automatically reported to mods. Same with the upvotes to highlight a good post.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-03-22 at 03:14 PM.

You can hover over the thread title to see the first few sentences of the post. If you think it's a bad/blog thread, you can just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You can hover over the thread title to see the first few sentences of the post. If you think it's a bad/blog thread, you can just ignore.
    I'm talking about the post inside the tread, not the thread itself

15+ Year Old Account
    There's a "Rate this Thread" option already on MMO-Champion and a Report Post if you see any posts breaking the rules. I don't think we really need an up/down system like reddit though. It would potentially lead to people messing with the system and downvoting just for fun or upvoting useless threads.

I like that you think that the upvote system would get rid of all the non-constructive posts, and only keep the constructive ones in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It would potentially lead to people messing with the system and downvoting just for fun or upvoting useless threads.
    It would be as chaotic as it is now. But if you want a serious discussion, you can still find it here. Just look for a non-controversial topic, or a person that's willing to discuss normally.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2017-03-22 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, up and down voting systems is a good tool for trolling
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm talking about the post inside the tread, not the thread itself
    So you want to rely on posters uprating "good" posts so that you can ignore "bad" posts. You realize good and bad are incredibly subjective and most of the people on this forum are very...particular, right?

Popularity votes do not reflect how "constructive" a post is.
    Something subjectively funny if it appeals to a sufficient number can attract a lot of votes.
    A popular gripe could also do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So you want to rely on posters uprating "good" posts so that you can ignore "bad" posts. You realize good and bad are incredibly subjective and most of the people on this forum are very...particular, right?
    Yes, but it usually works in other forums that do this and it doesn't see a problem, you know places like Reddit. Like I said you don't even have to use it you don't have to filter.

Blizzard's forums got even worse after the up/down votes were displayed prominently. No. A thousand times no. This place does not need that treatment. It's bad enough as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to kill free speech, add an upvote/downvote system.

Social pressure and group manipulation will come in - just like the official forum.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    Q: Can you add like/dislike buttons to the forums?
    A: It's possible that this might be added in the future. The biggest problem regarding this suggestion is simply how large the site is, and trying to find a way to make it work for us. There's no sort of ETA on it happening. (Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.)
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...p-Feedback-FAQ