Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    interesting spins on the facts that are available for all to see.
    Truth is "spin"?

Is Incidental or Incidentally too big a word for you to understand?

So you're claiming Nunes saying "this is probably fine" and normal, literally his own words, is somehow the words of some all encompassing "left"?

Sometimes I really do wonder if people are capable of comprehending their own thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    He also said it was not incidental data related to spying on Russia. So we will have to wait and see how it was "incidentally" retrieved. If it wasn't incidentally retrieved when spying on Russians, then where did it come from? And why was it making it with names exposed onto security reports?
    An investigation into a Russian money laundering operation doesn't contain only Russians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    No. That's not what it means. It could mean that, but Nunes himself didn't even make that claim.

Just stop it. Seriously..haha.
    Right now we're talking about what it "could" mean, because we don't know yet. However, it means that there could be more behind the curtain, if you take Nunes at word that this is something "new" to this story.

He also said it was not incidental data related to spying on Russia. So we will have to wait and see how it was "incidentally" retrieved. If it wasn't incidentally retrieved when spying on Russians, then where did it come from? And why was it making it with names exposed onto security reports?
    We don't know, right? That's the point. The man who is the source is saying that this isn't related to that, yet it's fine and normal. He wouldn't be saying it's fine and normal if it was a result of some nefarious plot now would he?

In fact his problem isn't that it happened. It's that it happened, and names were supposedly "unmasked". He's trying to use this as a way of putting more focus on the leaks and away from Trump's bullshit.

Come on man. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    An investigation into a Russian money laundering operation doesn't contain only Russians.
    When you're tapping peoples phones, and you don't have a court order, it better mean the only phones you're tapping are foreign. Nunes seems to be hinting this was data clearly not collected based on a foreign call.

There are two types of rubes Nunes was targeting with this stunt.
    Folks who don't understand the facts and will take this as proof of something it is not.
    Folks who know Nunes isn't claiming this is vindicating Trump's claims, but are happy to repeat them to cloud the issue anyways.

Which one are you?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Right now we're talking about what it "could" mean, because we don't know yet. However, it means that there could be more behind the curtain, if you take Nunes at word that this is something "new" to this story.
    You didn't say what it could mean. You stated that because X happened it meant the target was American, which would be illegal.

You're the only one making that claim. Nunes isn't.

In this case, there are new documents that show more Trump names were exposed based on incidental data, that this republican is saying "was not related to the russians in anyway". That means his claim is that the target of the data collection was an American. Which makes it unlawful as spying on an American.
    Unless, of course, the target of their investigation was a foreign national that didn't happen to be Russian.

Nunes told reporters the collection appeared to be "normal" and "all legally collected foreign intelligence under" the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA.

"I believe it was all done legally. I think it was all obtained legally. The question is was it masked," Nunes told reporters earlier in the day.
    If it was (A) legal and (B) collected under FISA, then the person they were investigating was not a US citizen. There's literally no other way it could have happened. We won't know the exact context until we find out more about the intercepts, but you have exactly zero proof that the subject of the investigation was an American.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which brings us back to the incidental data collection, which doesn't fall under whatever argument you're trying to make.

Just to be clear, you know who called this incidental collection? Devin Nunes.
    but the names of people picked up in incidental data collection are masked, the problem here is someone ordered specific names from the trump transition team to be unmasked, which is a felony.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

We don't know, right? That's the point. The man who is the source is saying that this isn't related to that, yet it's fine and normal. He wouldn't be saying it's fine and normal if it was a result of some nefarious plot now would he?

In fact his problem isn't that it happened. It's that it happened, and names were supposedly "unmasked". He's trying to use this as a way of putting more focus on the leaks and away from Trump's bullshit.

Come on man. Jesus.
    Sure I get that, he's saying that incidental data is collected all the time. What you do with it is a matter of breaking the law, or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Truth is "spin"?

Is Incidental or Incidentally too big a word for you to understand?
    please refer to the english language and retry your comment. it makes no sense.

When you're tapping peoples phones, and you don't have a court order, it better mean the only phones you're tapping are foreign. Nunes seems to be hinting this was data clearly not collected based on a foreign call.
    What leads you to believe there was no court order?
    Nunes stated it wasn't part of the Russia investigation. That leaves other foreign taps, or criminal suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    but the names of people picked up in incidental data collection are masked, the problem here is someone ordered specific names from the trump transition team to be unmasked, which is a felony.
    The issue with that seems to be that the names were masked, but Nunes was able to figure it out regardless. So no, as of now that isn't the issue.

this sure makes interesting tv all we need now is some popcorn
    mr pickles

Well this is an interesting development. Look at FBI scramble to try and explain this away.

*popcorn*

Sure I get that, he's saying that incidental data is collected all the time. What you do with it is a matter of breaking the law, or not.
    As of now this is where it stands. This is subject to change.

-This asshole, who was on the transition team, is investigating things related to the transition team and campaign.

-He read a report that contained masked names, but because he worked on the transition team, he was in the unique position to figure out who they were regardless of the masking.

-Instead of briefing his fellow committee members, he goes to the White House and briefs the president because it "bothered" him.

-He states this is all normal and fine, despite his actions not being normal and fine.

Who is the problem here? Devin. Fuckin. Nunes.

As of now this is where it stands. This is subject to change.

-This asshole, who was on the transition team, is investigating things related to the transition team and campaign.

-He read a report that contained masked names, but because he worked on the transition team, he was in the unique position to figure out who they were regardless of the masking.

-Instead of briefing his fellow committee members, he goes to the White House and briefs the president because it "bothered" him.

-He states this is all normal and fine, despite his actions not being normal and fine.

Who is the problem here? Devin. Fuckin. Nunes.
    Nunes just proved he is conflicted and cannot be trusted in this position.
    As if we didn't already know... Nunes claimed to not even know who Carter Page was.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Thread title is a lie.
    Do you not know what the word "incidentally" means?

"...on numerous occasions, the intelligence community incidentally collected information about US citizens involved in the Trump transition."

We already know this was done. That's how Flynn got caught. The intelligence community taps foreign sources and criminal suspects, and that's how they found out that Flynn was communicating with the Russians.

It does not say that:
    1) Obama ordered anything
    2) The Trump team was targeted

Nunes ran to brief the White House about this information before even informing his committee. This was a big no-no by Nunes. It is not going to end well for him.
    Do you understand how FISA intelligence is gathered? US people are "masked" or covered so they are anonymous because no warrant has been issued. They can only be unmasked by supposedly a handful of people at the CIA, NSA and FBI. The information was unmasked and then also leaked to the media, thats a big NO NO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Time to clean out those ears and listen again. He specifically stated the opposite
    I've already clarified as to why I initially thought this way.

However I am happy to admit that after I had the matter explained to me, I am again on the fence and have not made up my mind on anything.