Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Looks like the Anti-Abuse system is getting an overhaul.

http://kotaku.com/overwatchs-anti-ab...aul-1793545279

Its not a lot, but hey, anything to help control and get rid of the toxicity.

Still, I disagree with them when they say "playing a hero that is not considered optimal"
    is not considered "Poor Teamwork."

It absolutely is. I know many people, myself included, have lost matches due to some
    asshole stubbornly playing a character and refusing to switch, especially when they are
    not only getting countered left and right by the enemy team, but they also are performing
    horribly (ex. a dps and getting not a single kill)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this helping anything. All it does is clarify what each report is. Those of us who do not abuse the feature are mature enough to know what to report for already, and the trolls who report fro whatever don't care either way.

The "optimal hero" thing, is purely subjective anyway, so there's no way you can report people for not playing how YOU would play. There is a clear difference between playing and trying to win and playing to troll your allies.

Though, really. If you start up a game and play online just to piss off the people who are on your team, you should be banned from society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Still, I disagree with them when they say "playing a hero that is not considered optimal"

It absolutely is. I know many people, myself included, have lost matches due to some
    asshole stubbornly playing a character and refusing to switch, especially when they are
    not only getting countered left and right by the enemy team, but they also are performing
    It's not something that should be reported, because it's entirely subjective. Reports are for people who are deliberately screwing up the game, and that does not include not playing the way you want them to play.

It shouldn't matter if you think Hanzo's a crap choice on the map you're on. That doesn't make someone playing Hanzo an issue that you should be able to report them for. As long as the guy's actually trying, it's fine. If you're missing something like a healer or tank that you need, well, you've got 5 other players who could all fill that void. Hanzo doesn't have to switch just because you don't like him playing Hanzo.

It doesn't mean they're being a team player, because they're not, but their behaviour isn't so terrible that you should be reporting them for admin action on their account. That's for things like spamming the chat, deliberately feeding the enemy team, going AFK and not helping at all, etc. A Hanzo player not managing to pull his weight even if he's trying isn't anything like that.

Who's deciding what hero is right and what hero is wrong? You? If you keep playing ranked with those people.. it probably means that you belong to them.

Playing a "non-meta" or "bad" character will never be something blizzard deems reportable, will people report it? Yes, but it'll always get overturned in the end. It's not "Metawatch", nor is it "ThatsOurEricwatch" or "Oniwatch" no one has any right to dictate how others play, they can ask nicely but not force.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's not something that should be reported, because it's entirely subjective. Reports are for people who are deliberately screwing up the game, and that does not include not playing the way you want them to play.
    So people picking mercy or lucio and not healing, just doing damage isn't reportable according to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    What fucking 5 year olds do we have that they have to report people for "not team playing"? I hope that shit is just a fast lane to the deleted items folder. Or better, functions as a self report to flag up people abusing the report system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    So people picking mercy or lucio and not healing, just doing damage isn't reportable according to you?
    It's reportable, but what the hell are you doing to be able to monitor that the whole match? I've seen Mercys and Anas in particular I thought were doing that, but end the match with the healing card.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Playing a "non-meta" or "bad" character will never be something blizzard deems reportable, will people report it? Yes, but it'll always get overturned in the end. It's not "Metawatch", nor is it "ThatsOurEricwatch" or "Oniwatch" no one has any right to dictate how others play, they can ask nicely but not force.
    Yet every person who "asks nicely" starts crying and throwing a fit when you say "no". They aren't asking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's reportable, but what the hell are you doing to be able to monitor that the whole match? I've seen Mercys and Anas in particular I thought were doing that, but end the match with the healing card.
    Because when I get gold healing with roadhog, reaper or soldier from the self-healing they're obviously not putting any effort into healing.

Poor teamwork shouldn't really even be a reportable option. Unless it's just a crafty way from Blizz to allow people to vent their angry secretly knowing all the reports are simply going into the circular file.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because when I get gold healing with roadhog, reaper or soldier from the self-healing they're obviously not putting any effort into healing.
    If you get gold healing with Roadhog, then you've been feeding a lot of ults.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If you get gold healing with Roadhog, then you've been feeding a lot of ults.
    It's the healers not actually healing when this happens. I've been gold healing with 1500 healing as roadhog, I've been gold healing on soldier with 800, I've been gold healing at 400 with reaper... The healers must be AFK to not surpass this or are actively avoiding healing and just doing damage.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-23 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the healers not actually healing when this happens. I've been gold healing with 1500 healing as roadhog, I've been gold healing on soldier with 800, I've been gold healing at 400 with reaper... The healers must be AFK to not surpass this or are actively avoiding healing and just doing damage.
    I've been in matches with 2 healers, and seen Roadhog get the gold. Simple fact was only the Hog was getting themselves shot at enough to constantly need the healing because they kept wandering off and flanking. The fact the rest of the team kept compact and worked together kept the healing needs down.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what we're saying. That's intentionally throwing the game. The OP is talking about not PICKING the hero HE thinks should be picked for a specific situation. Which is never going to be reportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean not healing at all? Then they're feeding or whatever, and that is reportable.

Them healing badly and not the way you want? That's not reportable. A Mercy who heals Pharah and nobody else is a crap Mercy, but that's not reportable. It just means they'll get ranked fairly low because they're not that great. If you're so much better, you'll outrank them and never see them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not something that should be reported, because it's entirely subjective
    Not necessarily, no.

That doesn't make someone playing Hanzo an issue that you should be able to report them for. As long as the guy's actually trying, it's fine. If you're missing something like a healer or tank that you need, well, you've got 5 other players who could all fill that void. Hanzo doesn't have to switch just because you don't like him playing Hanzo.
    For the most part, yes, just playing a character isn't the problem. Plenty of people pick unorthodox characters
    for certain maps, and sometimes, it totally works. Usually because the team works together so well, as well
    as the player being incredibly capable with said hero.

Or, to a lesser extent, let's say we lose the round, but we can tell that the Hanzo actually DID do well. He got
    the kills, but ultimately, we still lost. Most sensible players aren't going to accuse the Hanzo, as he did his job,
    we just in the end, still couldn't win the round/game for other reasons.

However, turn that scenario around. You have a Hanzo who is getting countered. He's not making his shots.
    He's doing less damage than the tanks. You have someone who is under-performing as the character. So you
    ask him nicely at first, to please change. The character isn't working because of the above mentioned. The
    player tells you no, either simply, or with a touch of toxicity, and continues to play the same poorly played
    hero.

At that point, just by refusing to change your hero to counter the enemy team is deliberately throwing the
    match. Swapping characters is a key gameplay element to Overwatch, stated by the creators themselves.
    If X is not working, try X. Its especially a strategic tactic as well. By completely refusing to do it, you're
    are being completely selfish, you are NOT being a team player.

Sensible players recognize when they're not doing well, and who is doing well. If you've got a Hanzo that's
    making those shots, you don't want him to swap. If your other dps isn't cutting it, he's the one that needs
    to. Is your one healer not keeping up? Etc. Plenty of players in the games I've been in KNOW that if a
    character doesn't work, they need to change. And there are plenty of times where they'll make an
    unorthodox pick at the start, but let the team know that if it doesn't work, they'll change. And 9/10, the
    team is fine with this, because the person is at least letting them know.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Who's deciding what hero is right and what hero is wrong? You? If you keep playing ranked with those people.. it probably means that you belong to them.
    Nope, but go ahead and quote where I specifically say that its me that gets the say.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not "Metawatch", nor is it "ThatsOurEricwatch" or "Oniwatch" no one has any right to dictate how others play, they can ask nicely but not force.
    Well of course we can't "force" them, there are no options or "kick" choices for that. At least 9/10
    times in my games, I myself or someone else (most of the time its someone else) does ask the
    other person, politely of course, to swap. Its when they refuse to and continue to be a detriment
    to the team that its a problem.

Yet every person who "asks nicely" starts crying and throwing a fit when you say "no". They aren't asking.
    What about this : If I'm Junkrat, and our Ana is doing more damage than I am, I think its safe to say
    that I am definitely not playing my role well, and if the team asks me to swap, its because I am not doing
    the job I need to do. If I say "no", and continue being Junkrat, am I being helpful or a detriment to the team?

At that point, is my team not justified in getting frustrated and pissed at me? Mind you, I'm not advocating
    them getting toxic with me, just asking if you think the team then demanding I switch is not warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The OP is talking about not PICKING the hero HE thinks should be picked for a specific situation.
    Me specifically? Yeah go ahead and quote me on that, otherwise, don't put words
    in my mouth mkay?

Deleted
    Do you mean not healing at all? Then they're feeding or whatever, and that is reportable.
    Yeah, no healing at all, just doing damage instead. I've been gold on healing done with reaper from picking up souls of those killed with mercies and lucios and anas and zenyattas on the team.
    Them healing badly and not the way you want? That's not reportable. A Mercy who heals Pharah and nobody else is a crap Mercy, but that's not reportable. It just means they'll get ranked fairly low because they're not that great. If you're so much better, you'll outrank them and never see them again.
    Outrank them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily, no.

For the most part, yes, just playing a character isn't the problem. Plenty of people pick unorthodox characters
    for certain maps, and sometimes, it totally works. Usually because the team works together so well, as well
    as the player being incredibly capable with said hero.

Or, to a lesser extent, let's say we lose the round, but we can tell that the Hanzo actually DID do well. He got
    the kills, but ultimately, we still lost. Most sensible players aren't going to accuse the Hanzo, as he did his job,
    we just in the end, still couldn't win the round/game for other reasons.

However, turn that scenario around. You have a Hanzo who is getting countered. He's not making his shots.
    He's doing less damage than the tanks. You have someone who is under-performing as the character. So you
    ask him nicely at first, to please change. The character isn't working because of the above mentioned. The
    player tells you no, either simply, or with a touch of toxicity, and continues to play the same poorly played
    hero.

At that point, just by refusing to change your hero to counter the enemy team is deliberately throwing the
    match. Swapping characters is a key gameplay element to Overwatch, stated by the creators themselves.
    If X is not working, try X. Its especially a strategic tactic as well. By completely refusing to do it, you're

Sensible players recognize when they're not doing well, and who is doing well. If you've got a Hanzo that's
    making those shots, you don't want him to swap. If your other dps isn't cutting it, he's the one that needs
    to. Is your one healer not keeping up? Etc. Plenty of players in the games I've been in KNOW that if a
    character doesn't work, they need to change. And there are plenty of times where they'll make an
    unorthodox pick at the start, but let the team know that if it doesn't work, they'll change. And 9/10, the
    team is fine with this, because the person is at least letting them know.

Nope, but go ahead and quote where I specifically say that its me that gets the say.

Well of course we can't "force" them, there are no options or "kick" choices for that. At least 9/10
    times in my games, I myself or someone else (most of the time its someone else) does ask the
    other person, politely of course, to swap. Its when they refuse to and continue to be a detriment
    to the team that its a problem.

What about this : If I'm Junkrat, and our Ana is doing more damage than I am, I think its safe to say
    that I am definitely not playing my role well, and if the team asks me to swap, its because I am not doing
    the job I need to do. If I say "no", and continue being Junkrat, am I being helpful or a detriment to the team?

At that point, is my team not justified in getting frustrated and pissed at me? Mind you, I'm not advocating
    them getting toxic with me, just asking if you think the team then demanding I switch is not warranted.

Me specifically? Yeah go ahead and quote me on that, otherwise, don't put words
    in my mouth mkay?
    Yeah, those are things that can apply to literally any hero, that's the player not the hero pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    hero.

This isn't reportable. At all. Bad gameplay is not a reportable offense. It's why they should have a low ranking, and you playing better should mean you rank more highly, and stop getting matched with people like that. That's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outrank them?
    Yes, by being better, you will rise in rankings and they will fall. So you won't get matched with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outrank them?
    That's how matchmaking works. Terrible players won't rank up, and will get stuck in bronze or low silver. If you're playing in Gold or better, the chances of seeing someone playing like that is minimal. The ranking system handles matching people with worse players, we don't need a reporting feature on top of that, the reporting is for people deliberately throwing matches or abusing people. Not someone just playing badly.