Pugging for mythic nh.

My guild ran into this issue a little bit with EN but pugging for mythic NH hasn't been an option for us. We're on area 52 which has a large enough population that finding 3 dps to round out a 20 man group shouldn't be an issue but today I spent 3 hours pugging in trade to get 1 death knight.... I guess what I want to know from everyone is if this is a common issue for the community and what are some best practices guilds have found to get pugs for mythic raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by bailum View Post
    My guild ran into this issue a little bit with EN but pugging for mythic NH hasn't been an option for us. We're on area 52 which has a large enough population that finding 3 dps to round out a 20 man group shouldn't be an issue but today I spent 3 hours pugging in trade to get 1 death knight.... I guess what I want to know from everyone is if this is a common issue for the community and what are some best practices guilds have found to get pugs for mythic raiding?
    Should be able to crz it, the restriction is dumb and outdated.

You could, you know, recruit players for your guild, too.

"I'm on a populated server so I should be able to comfortably PuG" is a pretty shitty excuse for laziness on behalf of the people in charge of recruitment in your guild.

Sorry i should have been more clear. Im not talking about trying to pugg every night to get a full group. Tonight we were missing three dps and didn't have any backups on in guild so we were forced to pug three dps to meet the 20 man requirement for mythic. Pugging players is something we all have to do from time to time in guilds but mythic progession has been impossible to find puggs for us. Im just trying to figure out if this is a common issue for guilds or if there is a better method than trade chat span guilds use when trying to find puggs.

I have yet to see that, pugging somebody for a mythic raid. That sounds terrible.

I would have called the raid, or do a heroic run or mythic+15 runs instead of pugging people for sure.

a lot of people seem to have quit/on break. So many people in guild have stopped playing compared to start of expac with EN

If people are not motivated to raid after wiping at the same boss 6-8 hours a week for a month or so (let me guess, you're 3/10 mythic), either lower your expectations and cut one raid night, or find long-term replacements, you won't get far with different randoms every time that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    a lot of people seem to have quit/on break. So many people in guild have stopped playing compared to start of expac with EN
    Oh really, people didn't take a break at the very start of the expansion? ;>

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    yeah, m y guild is on trouble with that..

i am on a low pop server, people just stopped playing and its impossible to find replace... we are stuck doing heroic praying for titanforged lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I have yet to see that, pugging somebody for a mythic raid. That sounds terrible.

I would have called the raid, or do a heroic run or mythic+15 runs instead of pugging people for sure.
    My old guild had to pug 2-3 people EVERY raid night for mythic EN. And guess what, we eventually got our cutting edge. It was the day before NH released, but we made it. I remember having to find a DK every week to be able to progress ilgynoth.

When NH released, our roster shrunk down to 12-13 people, so I left that guild, as I did not want that to repeat for NH, which it does... That guild is still stuck on 1/10M.

Well, EN was a lot easier after all. I started my new char early November, mid November, the guild started raiding and by the time we had our second mythic kill (ursoc) I didn't even have 3 gold traits (due to no AK catchup) while all others did, and I was still topping our meters.

You can pug and when you see people performing well, recruit. Or merge with another guild. Technically even if you just do Heroic you can be Mythic ToS ready(910 equipped), so not clearing 10/10 Mythic NH does not mean you wont be able to participate in Mythic ToS.

We pugged a healer and 2 dps last reset and did 3/10 and pretty good progress on spellblade. I see the point of why CZ is in place and I think it's a valid reason to keep your server relevant until the current raid is over. I guess it depends on how busy your server is.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    My old guild had to pug 2-3 people EVERY raid night for mythic EN. And guess what, we eventually got our cutting edge. It was the day before NH released, but we made it. I remember having to find a DK every week to be able to progress ilgynoth.

When NH released, our roster shrunk down to 12-13 people, so I left that guild, as I did not want that to repeat for NH, which it does... That guild is still stuck on 1/10M.

Well, EN was a lot easier after all. I started my new char early November, mid November, the guild started raiding and by the time we had our second mythic kill (ursoc) I didn't even have 3 gold traits (due to no AK catchup) while all others did, and I was still topping our meters.
    Reflex would be to try to recruit those pugs if they do good though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bailum View Post
    SPugging players is something we all have to do from time to time in guilds
    No, we don't. Good guild have a roster of ~25 man and have high enough attendance that they always have 20 man there. And sometimes some people on the bench. Back in the day of 25 man raids we had a roster of almost 35 people.

And if you seee you are low on players, talk to them why they have no time. Sometimes someone is ale to show up if you make it clear it would be highly appreciated.

And if all else fails, you still can opt not to raid. It happens very rarely, but during the flu seaon we had 8+ people ill, and simply didn#t raid because we didn#t have 25 man to do it. There is no shame in calling it a day.

Should be able to crz it, the restriction is dumb and outdated.
    No, the restriction is very good.