Deleted

[ENH] Artifact trait priority in 7.2.

Greetings fellow shammies.

As 7.2. draws near, reading up on the items that are opening up in our artifact trait tree there seems to be several options of interest to put our points into. When first leveling in the beginning of legion I used the wonderful trait priorities by Wordup to get the most out of the AP available while leveling and gearing before the first raids.
    Looking at 7.2 the 3/3 traits will get a fourth trait as well. I just assumed that you would need to fill these out before speccing in the new ones. However, it seems that you can freely choose between the new and the fourth in the older specs. Has anyone done the sims on the new talents to see what will gain us the most theoretical dps for spent AP?

Regards,
    Betjenten

Quote Originally Posted by Betjent View Post
    Greetings fellow shammies.

As 7.2. draws near, reading up on the items that are opening up in our artifact trait tree there seems to be several options of interest to put our points into. When first leveling in the beginning of legion I used the wonderful trait priorities by Wordup to get the most out of the AP available while leveling and gearing before the first raids.
    Looking at 7.2 the 3/3 traits will get a fourth trait as well. I just assumed that you would need to fill these out before speccing in the new ones. However, it seems that you can freely choose between the new and the fourth in the older specs. Has anyone done the sims on the new talents to see what will gain us the most theoretical dps for spent AP?

Regards,
    Betjenten
    Well, Wind Strikes is still the best trait. One of your early points will go in there without a question. Since we gain a huge crash lightning buff on the "expanded" tree you probably want to take those few points asap, considering our T20 is focussing on Crash Lightning. Also getting the Might of the Earthen Ring first is a nobrainer, as it is just pure damage and stamina gain. Concordance of Legionfall (the last trait on the expanded tree) is pretty strong, so you'd want to fill out everything asap. You can probably mostly take the same "filling route" for most stuff as it already was before.
    This is of course all just guessing currently. I'd say wait a week or 2, pretty sure Wordup is working on updating it

And yes, you can freely choose where you want to start (filling out 4th points or start on the expanded tree).
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-03-23 at 09:24 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Deleted
    Might of the earthen ring and wind strikes are obvious choices. Does your Concordance unlock after you have filled out all the others? Or, do we have to weigh it against the other traits in form of DPS increase at each step? If so, then there might be some of the lesser traits that will be stuck at 3/4 untill all paragon traits are completed.
    I haven't given T20 much thought yet, as ToS is some way off still. Hopefully someone very wise will put out their calculations for us mortals to use

Thanks for the reponse

Afaik it gets unlocked after filling everything else. Unless they've changed it, which I dont know.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Afaik it gets unlocked after filling everything else. Unless they've changed it, which I dont know.
    From wowheads "Gearing in 7.2" it says u can choose as u like. continue 3/4 traits or the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sebax313 View Post
    From wowheads "Gearing in 7.2" it says u can choose as u like. continue 3/4 traits or the new ones.
    Yeah, the new traits or continue 3/4. For the "prestige" trait though you have to unlock everything else first.
    At least that is how I think it works, Haven't grinded enough AP to get all the traits on the PTR.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2017-03-23 at 09:58 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

Deleted
    Guess there still are some unanswered questions floating about

Do you know how many traits we will be able to purchase from 7.2 day one, if we have the artifact at 54 points currently? I am guessing with the new scaling of the traits that we will not hit 54 traits immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

The wowhead PTR trait tree locks the Concordance until all 3/4 are completed. So I think that answers that question.

On the immediate switch on 7.2, as far as I can tell we gain around 4 trait points to place. I think it will be placed in Might of the Earthern ring, Wind Strikes, Wind Surge and possibly in Gathering of the Maelstrom. What I do not know, is if the new lashing flames trait is so valuable that we would gain more in the long run attempting to rush towards it.
    Last edited by mmoc064dcad040; 2017-03-24 at 11:21 AM.

My plan is Might - Wind Strikes - Weapon of the Elements - Crashing Hammer - Winds of Change - Lashing Flames - Forged in Lava - Wind Surge. Plan is subject to change depending on what others math out but that seems like the best route to me.

Will crashing hammer put crash lightning back into our single target rotation?

I think Might of the Earthen Ring and wind strikes are no brainers but after that, I think it really depends on how valuable that golden trait is. I have no math to back that up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    It's still half the proc chance of Stormbringer compared to LL as long as we have 4p so doubt it. Next tier will make us use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post

I think Might of the Earthen Ring and wind strikes are no brainers but after that, I think it really depends on how valuable that golden trait is. I have no math to back that up though.
    Currently? No.
    With T20? Yes.

T20 is playing heavily into Crash Lightning, so yes, we will use it for ST again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    My plan is Might - Wind Strikes - Weapon of the Elements - Crashing Hammer - Winds of Change - Lashing Flames - Forged in Lava - Wind Surge. Plan is subject to change depending on what others math out but that seems like the best route to me.
    I think Wordup is already working on updating his whole skill-route for the traits. It'll probably come out soon (around the patch, maybe earlier).

*tips m'fedora*

Deleted
    So, wordup has been kind and given us his sim suggestion on the trait path. Its up in http://www.wowhead.com/enhancement-artifact-guide .

Basically, rush the new golden trait for most effect. Then stick to the old priority on the pre-7.2 traits when Lashing Flames has been achieved.

As my guild is still progressing in mythic raids, I am still considering taking the small boost that Wind Strikes trait gives before continuing after Might towards Lashing Flames.

- - - Updated - - -

Visual discribing the optimal route:
    Last edited by mmoc064dcad040; 2017-03-27 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betjent View Post
    snip
    Yup. Just wanted to post that one, you were a bit faster than me.
    Good that I was mostly right with guessing what we're going to take asap.

*tips m'fedora*

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    snip
    Its accurate in the one on wowhead. You cant put points into Concordance before you've finished up everything else. This is pretty much confirmed by now.

*tips m'fedora*