Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    I'm sorry but SJWs need to be weeded out by any means necesarry.
    I thought you didn't have to ask them if they were SJW's. I've been led to believe that's literally the first thing they tell everyone they meet. Am I to believe that I've been mislead all this time?

My answer to most of those questions would most likely make him determine me as a "snowflake". If asked what america means to me, I would just say "a country with a very mixed culture", give the dictionary definition of what privilege means, and say that I think guns should be banned. i do agree that the type of person he described who feels entitled and often contributes nothing productive (trust me, they do exist, not only in America), should not be hired.

Also, brilliant marketing stunt by the guy. If it works or not is at this point entirely irrelevant, he has already gotten so much free publicity.

The only people they hire are good liars?

This CEO himself is "Snowflake".
    This test is very basic. What makes him to feel so special?

Too much ego is bad.
    No ego is also bad. It makes people very lazy.
    You cannot have both.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-03-24 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Wait, what? I don't like snowflakes but why haf questions about guns n stuff?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The only people they hire are good liars?

This CEO himself is "Snowflake".
    This test is very basic. What makes him to feel so special?

Too much ego is bad.
    No ego is also bad. It makes people very lazy.
    You cannot have both.
    Oddly enough if they're actually hiring based on this test, they are hiring almost entirely special snowflakes who want to surround themselves with an echo chamber where their idiotic ideas are not challenged with facts.

Every time a liberal challenges a conservative with facts to counter a ridiculous claim, they just fly off the handle with no real counter argument including facts, and eventually seek to surround themselves with like minded individuals so when they say "Obama was born in Kenya" they're never challenged.

They are the definition, textbook, of special snowflakes. Special treatment and safe spaces.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Another brilliant episode in the Netflix original series: Right-Wingers Are Fucking Wierdos.

"Inability to back their perspective"?

That's a bit rich. Snowflakes are notoriously intricate at backing their perspective.

The issue comes from the fact that the people they are defending themselves or justifying their position to generally have completely incompatible view points, and thus won't consider any argument or logic put to them supporting the "snowflake's" perspective.

That's not a political statement, it happens on both sides. Everyone does it unless they are being careful to remain unbiased.

It's been my experience that most people who think someone they're arguing with can't back their position up are just not treating what's put to them as having any value. Sometimes it doesn't (incorrect data, emotion over logic, assumptions, fallacies, etc) but much of the time a person will put a perfectly valid criticism or request into one of those categories just because they disagree it's a problem or a valid consideration, and then they'll write that person off.

In that sense, this test is pretty bullshit. Most personality tests are, of course, but actually denying people jobs based on the assumption that an interview-level test will show how "whiny", prone to "complaining" and "entitled" a person is is basically denying people consideration for a job based on personal opinion rather than their actual skills.

Hang on, wtf does a candidates views on "America, police and guns" have to do with a job outside of government, law enforcement and the weapons industry? Is he implying people with specific views on guns are entitled? If so, which views? That guns should be restricted by law, or that every American has the entitlement to own a gun? And why does this matter to a company that's meant to help other businesses grow?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Every time a liberal challenges a conservative with facts to counter a ridiculous claim, they just fly off the handle with no real counter argument including facts, and eventually seek to surround themselves with like minded individuals so when they say "Obama was born in Kenya" they're never challenged.
    Check out the reddit thread on Merkel's PHD. A Trumpet tries to attack it and makes a total fool of himself. It's a god damn goldmine, with gems like:
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Puppy View Post
    You're obviously not qualified for the job then because you gave the wrong answer. Think inside the narrow pattern ffs!
    He rather failed my test.

Deleted
    Trust me, as a business owner myself I can tell you that unproductive people are not exclusive to a certain generation.

But (imo) it is true that younger people are more often than not very productive and they mostly lack experience. Especially the ones with university degrees tend to mostly just have knowledge and no practical skills. This is also why we mostly hire people with Bachelor degrees here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how many of the triggered lefties in this thread even have a job.

There is no need for such a test since being an entitled snowflake is obvious to anyone after the first 5 minutes into a job interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Have you ever watched Beck/Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reily? Limbaugh, especially. The frothing rage that guy would work himself into and you want to tell me you've never seen someone on the right get that "triggered"?
    Can you read? I clearly said both sides have people that are triggered. Looks like you're now one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I'm curious how many of the triggered lefties in this thread even have a job.
    Most healthy adults have jobs, so you'd probably be disappointed by the results.

Basically he is looking for "No Ego, Smart, Work Hard, demand very little pay".

The only logically answer is that "he has no green card".

10+ Year Old Account
    "Snowflake", "triggered", "SJW", "leftie"... Does 4chan have a spawning pool producing clones using the same rubbish Internet language?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on the right (I consider myself to be moderate) tend to think that snowflakes are a uniquely left phenomenon, but it's not. The right has their own version of political correctness called patriotic correctness. My boss, for instance, is a card carrying conservative whom I admire and respect greatly, but she got "triggered" one time when we were at a sporting event and I didn't have my hand over my heart "like a patriot" during the National Anthem.

The "test" seems more like a survey used to identify political leanings and beliefs, which can't be used in a hiring decision. People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.
    What do you base your last statement on? I know both sides are equally stupid as shit when it comes to science, but there are studies that show pretty significant differences in many areas.

Being a snowflake is a question of attitude, not political belief.

Glad someone is doing something about it because this can weed out a lot of future drama for companies.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Can you read? I clearly said both sides have people that are triggered. Looks like you're now one of them.
    Can you read? Because you said

...Look at Zarna Joshi and try to find someone on the right who's more triggered than her. There are certainly triggered people on both sides, but the left has been the loudest in recent times.
    So yes, you said both sides, but you also said that the left is worse, so I offered a counter point to show that people on the right get "just as 'triggered' ". Apparently answering your question "triggered" you.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I don't think it would be your stance so much as how you respond. As in do you have a rational, logic based argument that you will be able to defend and debate back if challenged? A lot of these whiny, triggered people (on both sides) just absolutely can't handle their ideas being challenged.

I don't know how effective this kind of test would be at filtering out bad candidates that would pass other screenings. However, critical thinking and challenging assumptions are important for a lot of jobs. On the other hand, if they are actually just looking for the 'good conservative answer' then that is incredibly stupid.

Personally, I think the better approach might be to ask absolutely no political questions and then throw out anyone that shoehorns a political stance into a response. Better to just have everyone leave their political opinions at the door.

I guess that makes sense, but how to you determine that much from a survey?

You'd have to interview candidates about their answers in a face-to-face. I guess it wouldn't be the first out of left field interview conversation. Hell, I've had interviewers ask me questions about the waves in my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I guess that makes sense, but how to you determine that much from a survey?

You'd have to interview candidates about their answers in a face-to-face. I guess it wouldn't be the first out of left field interview conversation. Hell, I've had interviewers ask me questions about the waves in my hair.
    I'm pretty sure I'd be getting a talking to from HR if I asked that.