Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

[Megathread] PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

For a battleroyal game it looks quite solid IMO, been watching streams of it for awhile. It has officially released into early access today and they have said it will only be in EA for 6 months.

It does seem like the dev's really care about the game and are not trying to be just a H1Z1 King of the Kill.

Edit1: First Major Monthy Patch
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/5780...73219748632258
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-20 at 12:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it so far, I'm terrible but still having fun. These devs seem to care unlike Daybreak...
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Enjoying it so far, I'm terrible but still having fun. These devs seem to care unlike Daybreak...
    Agreed, Still on the fence about buying it.

Was going to wait and see how the servers holded up and so far it seems like they are doing just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

said screw it and bought it
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you got it! Like it so far?
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Meh looks like the usual Early Access crap that pops up on Steam. But let's see how it does.

Seems like the next iteration of H1Z1 (which was a gigantic step up from DayZ), though I don't really see the gameplay difference between these two.

And FFS, why is the name of the game so horrible? It makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Seems like the next iteration of H1Z1 (which was a gigantic step up from DayZ), though I don't really see the gameplay difference between these two.

I feel this game is more tactical and H1Z1 more arcade. Just one mans opinion.

Glad you got it! Like it so far?
    I did but I did refund it, Going to wait for the performance to be fixed and then re buy it. They have said Performance is the main thing they are working on now and will fix it before adding anything else to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Its made by the original guy who made Battle Royal games. He worked on both the Arma mod and H1Z1.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel this game is more tactical and H1Z1 more arcade. Just one mans opinion.
    It is, H1Z1 plays more arcade like. Guns in this game have many mods as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a buddy who plays this and I'm pretty interested myself.

I'll trade someone a key for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 and Space Run Galaxy for it :3
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Trailer looks good, although it's not hard to make a good-looking trailer tbh. I might check it out if/when it goes on sale, although I prefer games with at least token single player campaign options as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night, this game had over 100k viewers on twitch, over taking League Of Legends for the number one spot.

People are saying the gun play is as accurate and precise as Counter Strike. I might pick this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Last night, this game had over 100k viewers on twitch, over taking League Of Legends for the number one spot.

People are saying the gun play is as accurate and precise as Counter Strike. I might pick this up.
    it's new. new games always get on the first row. then after merely a week they drop off the front page

it's new. new games always get on the first row. then after merely a week they drop off the front page
    But its rare that any game outside of League that gets the number 1 spot.

As it stands its at number 3 with 81k and the current playerbase is at 48k Ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    plays better and smoother (if you don't have a potato computer) than h1z1, weapon attachments and actual guns besides the M4 and ak in h1z1.....sub machine guns are killer close range along with shotguns....snipers/assault/etc for mid to long range combat and attachments to go with it (quick draw, extended mag, choke, suppressor, compensator, different varying scope magnifications..etc.) its pretty damn good.

of course being early access there is some issues (parachute landing, horrible loading lag in the lobby room when playing first game at start of session, minor input delay when doing any action)...but besides them, it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    plays better and smoother (if you don't have a potato computer) than h1z1, weapon attachments and actual guns besides the M4 and ak in h1z1.....sub machine guns are killer close range along with shotguns....snipers/assault/etc for mid to long range combat and attachments to go with it (quick draw, extended mag, choke, suppressor, compensator, different varying scope magnifications..etc.) its pretty damn good.

of course being early access there is some issues (parachute landing, horrible loading lag in the lobby room when playing first game at start of session, minor input delay when doing any action)...but besides them, it's pretty good.
    When working ya it play's better then H1Z1, But it does have clear performance issues. That is the #1 thing dev's are working on at this time. Its early but so far the game seems to be doing quite well.

Loving the game myself. So much better than h1z1 or even Arma 3 BR.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mixed bag for me. First couple of games I was dying because of the shrinking border. But once I realized how to play, this game got CRAZY AF. You have to be sooooooo sneaky. I really liked this game once I figured out how it works.

Everything was cool Sat night, no bad lag or disconnects, but when my brother and I tried to play yesterday morning, it was an unplayable lag fest. With the money they made off of early access, I hope they fix that. This game has serious potential. I got second place in one of the games I was in, made my hands sweat like I was playing Halo for the first time on LAN.

Rebought it

Just going to wait out the performance issues, When I do get the play its solid and fun.

Not my cup of tea, but I've heard nothing but good reviews from friends.

Game rules. Super stressful and nerve wracking in the best way.