Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

[RET] Is the T19 4p bonus good for us?

Well, analyzing the bonus did I not notice a very big difference in the generation of holy power and the status of the pieces are worth it? I noticed a reduction in my damage using the 4p bonus. Would not it be better to just keep the 2p bonus and use other parts with better statuses? Unfortunately I have no logs showing the damage with 2p and the damage with 4p. What do you think about?
    If anyone has and wants to post the log with the bonus of 2 and 4 pieces would be interesting.

I'm new to the forum and I can not post links yet if you want to see my armory I play on Azralon-Us and my nick is Blaviken

As I understand it, 4p is detrimental to maintaining the leg Cloak buff.

Beyond that, I do too hate our t19 itemization with a passion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    As I understand it, 4p is detrimental to maintaining the leg Cloak buff.

Beyond that, I do too hate our t19 itemization with a passion.

detrimental=counterproductive.

u meant conducive, hm? cuz 20% +1HoPo (builder) is conducive 4 cloak buff, not detrimental.

t18>rest

@Blaviken: #1HoPo: ASAP.
    since the exlusive info on ur notice is that ur noticed a damage reduction (sim? dummy? raid?) a detailed examination isnt possible.
    in general see #1, 4 me evolving to 4p was 5% increase, more with BoJ (more procs, more HoPo).
    its 1 free TV every 15gcd and within these 3 less CS, which translates into higher uptime of cloak buff
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2017-03-23 at 11:09 PM.

I keep hearing the 4p is bad as well, but as I am using belt + ring since I don't have the cape, doesn't seem bad to me? I mean I don't get how a chance for free HP is a bad thing, I can potentially see itemization being so bad maybe that off pieces would be better over that, or am I just missing something?
    Last edited by xezar; 2017-03-24 at 06:57 AM.

It's one of the weaker set bonuses for ret I've ever seen, really, but it's better than nothing I guess. As long as you're not sacrificing too many ilvls/stats for it.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I keep hearing the 4p is bad as well, but as I am using belt + ring since I don't have the cape, doesn't seem bad to me? I mean I don't get how a chance for free HP is a bad thing, I can potentially see itemization being so bad maybe that off pieces would be better over that, or am I just missing something?
    Generally people refer this T19 4p as bad because they are weak compared to other class.

Ofc chance for free HP is good, but the dps increase is mediocre, plus its not stable. (IMO All unstable dps increase are bad).

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    detrimental=counterproductive.

u meant conducive, hm? cuz 20% +1HoPo (builder) is conducive 4 cloak buff, not detrimental.

t18>rest

@Blaviken: #1HoPo: ASAP.
    since the exlusive info on ur notice is that ur noticed a damage reduction (sim? dummy? raid?) a detailed examination isnt possible.
    in general see #1, 4 me evolving to 4p was 5% increase, more with BoJ (more procs, more HoPo).
    its 1 free TV every 15gcd and within these 3 less CS, which translates into higher uptime of cloak buff

I noticed the damage reduction in the dummy, I tested it some times and then I decided to run in Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold to see if in longer fights there would be some improvement and unfortunately I noticed the low dps.

armory: us. battle .net /wow /en /character /azralon/ Blaviken/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaviken View Post
    I noticed the damage reduction in the dummy, I tested it some times and then I decided to run in Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold to see if in longer fights there would be some improvement and unfortunately I noticed the low dps.

armory: us. battle .net /wow /en /character /azralon/ Blaviken/simple
    ur actual armory spec is prot, and u did not identify the swap items for 4p its hard to analyse.
    best guesses r:

lost softcap haste/crit, gained mastery

didnt adapt 4p playstyle:
    with 4p u risk to lose HoPo if DH is cast at 3 HoPo(should be cast at max 2), CS at 4 (cast at max3), which is significant damage loss. empirically 4p smooths rota (esp. with TFoJ), nearly every 2. cast TV/DS, so cloak buff uptime should be 99,x% on dummy.

The T19 4p is like the Fire of Justice proc. It helps with the rotation, but its not reliable. As Avenging Wrath mentionned, you need to lower your HoPo "max" so you don't loose HoPo, but not using your HoPo generator is also a DPS loss in the long run. I still don't know if its worth being careful not to overcap or if ignoring it is better. I have a fellow PalRet in our roaster, with very similar gear ilvl, but better Trinket optimization with Cloak+Belt (I have Ring+Belt), but yet, I'm still ahead in most fights.

I tried a FoJ+BoW+DP (with T19 4p) build in a normal run (PL some friends), its a lot of confusion to play with (15% -1 HoPo cost, 20% +1HoPo generator, 20% Free HoPo Spender), but I've never had that much thrill to play the class (I often confuse BoW proc with DP procs...), its very spammy, but I wouldnt use it in MM progression (anyway NH is an AoE fest almost on every boss and Crusade+DH are mandatory).

It bad first and foremost because it plays like shit. Other specs get stuff that makes them more awesome to play or has significant impact on some numerical stuff (shadow priest pew pew pew pew, fury warrior longer enrage time that shifts GCD usage and itemization significantly, etc.).

We get something that is not only mediocre in itself (0.2 HP on average is just the definition of 'meh'), but is also proc based (so you can go quite a while without procing it), and the proc can be wasted because it's a dps loss to prioritize keeping a virtual 4HP cap over usage of HP generators (with one exception, which is when you have 1 charge of crusader strike, the second one away by quite a few seconds and all other HP generators are on cooldown. in that case you should not use that CS unless you are on 3HP or lower).

It just continues the trend of bad ret design decisions. Whoever is in charge of the class doesn't play it, but more importantly, doesn't really care about making it awesome.

I use the 4-piece as it's a big DPS increase in sims and I find it's a fairly reliable proc, but I sacrificed a lot of crit and haste from non-set items to get it, which I miss in terms of how combat "feels".

So I can confirm the T19 4P is relatively weak, unless you've got the legendary cloak and you pair it with Fires of Justice. Then it becomes decent, maybe even good. Also, Fires of Justice sims about equal to Zeal on Beastlord sim with this setup.
    Last edited by Reith; 2017-03-27 at 05:03 AM.