Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvs08 View Post
    GA-B250M-DS3H along with GTX 1050ti may be off because of small mobo? Do I need to buy 1050ti mini just because of that or regular one can fit if I getATX case? I see there is no big difference between the two anyway but I thought big one could block RAM slots maybe. I'm really sorry if I'm asking trivial questions, this is my first build and I'm google-ing a lot about everything but a confirmation to a direct question is always more comforting
    Your GPU will not block you RAM slots. The only reason you would go for the mini is because your case only supports that size. You should go for the full sized one as it will likely produce better thermals.

I don't know which case your looking at but it should list the maximum length graphics card supported. As long as the length of your 1050ti is shorter than that you should be golden. Further I HIGHLY doubt there are any 1050ti's that are so large as to impact case choice outside a few very small HTCP form factor ones.

If you decide to go with the case Kostattoo listed you won't have any issues at all. PCpartpicker has builds with some absolute beast warrior graphics cards in them.

My two cents on the CPU / GPU choice: Go with the highest clocked Kabylake chip you can afford. This could be a i3 / i5 / "iwhatever". WoW LOVES high CPU clock speeds. I doubt you will notice a difference between an i3 / i5 in WoW alone. But each "0.1" GHz speed increase will net a few extra FPS. A few extra FPS doesn't sound impressive until you start adding them together. A few here and a few there and pretty soon you're talking 15-20 extra FPS. For my money, on a WoW box, I would go with the i3 7100 / 1050ti. That should handle settings level 7 (former ultra) at very good frame rates.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I am now very close to final. Atm my list looks like this (new account, can't post links):

Gigabyte GA-B250-D3H
    i5-7500 3.4GHz
    DDR4 8GB 2133MHz Crucial CL15
    GTX 1050 TI 4Gb
    EVGA 500B 500W

This is netting me 540€. However I didn't include case there. I had plan on using my old Cooler Master Elite 334U but Pcpartpicker noted:

"Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0 header, but the Cooler Master Elite 334U ATX Mid Tower Case does not have front panel USB 3.0 ports." Other than that its size seems ok comparing gpu length and aftermarket 212 EVO height I'm considering for later.
    Last edited by Dvs08; 2017-03-27 at 11:46 PM.

Deleted
    It's an old case (pain to work in), but will work with what you are buying, other than no front panel usb3. The mboard is likely to have at least 1 usb2 header and you can just plug your usb2 front panel into that to get some usb on the front panel. The mboard will have a load of usb3 at the rear io panel anyway.

I'd spring for a better cooler now because I hate unnecessary noise; otherwise what you are putting together should be really quiet. The whole system is low power, you could get away with a decent 300w psu easily, but wouldn't be great for gpu upgrades in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    I'd spring for a better cooler now because I hate unnecessary noise; otherwise what you are putting together should be really quiet. The whole system is low power, you could get away with a decent 300w psu easily, but wouldn't be great for gpu upgrades in the future.
    Isn't 212 EVO pretty quiet? I think I saw TX3 reviews and it being louder so that was why I called that one off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvs08 View Post
    Isn't 212 EVO pretty quiet? I think I saw TX3 reviews and it being louder so that was why I called that one off.
    Hi, sorry to be unclear. The 212 evo is fine, but you seemed to suggest you would purchase it later. I would purchase with the rest, as despite no overclock, it will make a significant difference to noise over the stock cooler.

The bequiet pure rock cooler also gets a recommended after replacing 2 friends i7 stock coolers with it, cool and quiet even at full turbo.

There are no bequiet coolers on that list Lathais

edit - ^^ filters, guess they made it dynamic due to numbers.
    Last edited by mmoce90cf0ffae; 2017-03-29 at 04:37 PM.

I was recently playing on an i5 750 (old as fuck now), with 8GB RAM and a 5870.

By far the biggest bottleneck was the GPU. A 1060 pulls 60 fps most of the time at pretty much max settings, where before it was almost minimum settings and was doing 15-30fps.

WoW isn't as GPU intensive as people think, unless you really want to iron out all the slowdowns (and even then, you're out of luck). Upgrade to a Pentium G4560 CPU, a cheap B250 motherboard and 8GB of RAM. Round it off with a 1060 if you're feeling flash or a 1050Ti if you're not. They'll typically be better for WoW than an AMD card, especially on a low end CPU.

Consider a SSD as well, since they make things so much nicer.

Speaking of bottlenecking: i3-7100 wouldn't bottleneck 1050 ti, right?