Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Black Lives Matter was a violent movement.
    hes not wrong. They 100% are.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    He called his opponents hypocrites and said people need to stop getting triggered by statistics.
    As he blurted out incorrect statistics himself.

It was an absolute mess what he did, and he fully well knows it. There's no real need to defend him, he already admitted to that pretty much in his statement about it.

That being said, they have every right to do this move, and that's their choice. He probably didn't even do much considering they didn't have to delay the game it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Or, avoid being caught up in some bullshit drama that doesn't benefit them in the slightest. There's no benefit to associating with JonTron right now, given the rep he has publicly and even amongst his own fans.
    If they wanted to avoid being caught up in it they wouldn't have changed anything and they wouldn't have commented on Jontron's views beyond stating they are his own and do not represent them.

But they chose to make a statement and now their Kickstarter backers, Steam discussion board, and Reddit have exploded with fans crying foul and many demanding refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    As he blurted out incorrect statistics himself.

It was an absolute mess what he did, and he fully well knows it. There's no real need to defend him, he already admitted to that pretty much in his statement about it.

That being said, they have every right to do this move, and that's their choice. He probably didn't even do much considering they didn't have to delay the game it appears.
    considering it's a minor role and that no character actually speaks words I doubt it was hard to replace
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Whoa pump your breaks. Braveheart is the great movie of all time!
    great movie also love the lethal weapon movies mad max he might be kind of crazy but he has been in some awesome fucking movies
    mr pickles

10+ Year Old Account
    Not particularly surprised that they did this. He messed up pretty badly with that debate and his inexperience made him say some pretty stupid stuff despite myself understanding where he was coming from (watched his discussion with Sargon and he just came off as reasonable, but too inexperienced to discuss these things properly). I don't think he is actually a full out racist, but these game developers have no good reason to get entangled into Jon's mess.

I really do not understand why he even decided to do this debate in the first place. He obviously was never cut out to argue with people in this manner and he is running a big entertainment business on top of that with his own name as the brand. If anything, this is a prime example of a young guy whose lack of of experience got him into some deep waters unnecessarily, and this is coming from a guy who is just a couple of years older than him. His discussion with Sargon was a lot better than this train wreck of a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    If they wanted to avoid being caught up in it they wouldn't have changed anything and they wouldn't have commented on Jontron's views beyond stating they are his own and do not represent them.
    He'd still be involved in the game, and given the recent events and controversies that's a mess most companies wouldn't want to touch if given the option.

But they chose to make a statement and now their Kickstarter backers, Steam discussion board, and Reddit have exploded with fans crying foul and many demanding refunds.
    Sauce?

Edit: Looked at Steam, a few seemingly thought out posts but a whoooolllleeeee lot of shitposting. Not remotely surprising given the types of folks who are left defending JonTron at this point (last I heard Trump's subreddit was bombing the JonTron subreddit hard because they were being critical of him due to his ludicrous views).

Still up to the developers. They don't want to associate with him because of shit he said. That's kinda tough fuckin luck for JonTron. Don't want to get caught up in drama that has negative consequences? Don't touch the fucking poop. In this case, poop being anything related to politics.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-03-24 at 03:23 AM.

Sauce?

Edit: Looked at Steam, a few seemingly thought out posts but a whoooolllleeeee lot of shitposting. Not remotely surprising given the types of folks who are left defending JonTron at this point (last I heard Trump's subreddit was bombing the JonTron subreddit hard because they were being critical of him due to his ludicrous views).

Still up to the developers. They don't want to associate with him because of shit he said. That's kinda tough fuckin luck for JonTron. Don't want to get caught up in drama that has negative consequences? Don't touch the fucking poop. In this case, poop being anything related to politics.
    Yeah, I'm not quite sure it's a good judgment to go by random steam posts, since like you said, the Trump subreddit DID in fact have a post saying they should all go and defend JonTron, which led to the JonTron subreddit being locked for quite a bit of time (Might still be).

He'd still be involved in the game, and given the recent events and controversies that's a mess most companies wouldn't want to touch if given the option.
    So, following the tried and true practices of those who avoid drama, they make a huge proclamation that is now being reported on by anyone and everyone that has any coverage of technology and video games.

There are people who have never heard of this game that will now know it as the one that had Jontron in it.

10+ Year Old Account

Go to the Jontron subreddit. It is the epicenter of all internet shitposting. Nothing his fans say, I can really take seriously, as a result of that.

"We're for freedom and the private industry"

'FUCKING PRIVATE COMPANY CHANGING THEIR PRIVATE PRODUCT TO AVOID CONTROVERSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I absolutely adore how the utter hypocrisy of screaming on and on about people should have the freedom to do as they please. Unless its what they don't like. Wherein they're identical to the SJWs they so constantly bleat about.

Maybe Jon shouldn't be spouting unfounded bullshit that's pushing a legitimate racist point (Unlike all the shit you guys whine about SJWs doing falsely) if he didn't want advertisers to start avoiding him like the plague. We already have enough people who pretend to understand the world and politics but can't get beyond thoughts of a 7th-grade 2edgy4me statement in 4chan. We don't need another.

Don't worry, I'm sure despite Hamilton, Kelloggs, Star Wars, ect., this time your boycott will really work.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure despite Hamilton, Kelloggs, Star Wars, ect., this time your boycott will really work.
    The irony of that being that the game is already successful. It's development is fully funded already, they shouldn't have much left in the way of costs to cover.

Not to mention people who are feigning outrage don't even know how this kickstarter worked, due to most of the kickstarter only going to marketing the game. Because, as you said, its development was already funded.

Not knowing such a basic thing really just makes me some or even most of them aren't even backers and are just whining to virtue signal to other "anti-SJWs!" And exhibiting even more blatant hypocrisy by trying to cause the game financial harm after they CONSTANTLY complain about SJWs doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks for him, he idolizes Banjo Kazooie, and I was looking forward to his involvement with Yooka Laylee.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well. I kind of expected this to be about him being dumped by an MCN or demonetised on Youtube, but actually being removed from a game? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    He called his opponents hypocrites and said people need to stop getting triggered by statistics.
    So the full blown shitlord playbook.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people who have never heard of this game that will now know it as the one that had Jontron in it.
    I find it hard to believe that there's anyone who's never heard of Banjo Kazooie, but knows who Jontron is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Go to the Jontron subreddit. It is the epicenter of all internet shitposting. Nothing his fans say, I can really take seriously, as a result of that.
    No no, dont bother going there. Tis a silly place.

But yeah, that place always has been cancer. It's not really a subreddit, or considered a place of actually discussion for his fanbase. It's just were everyone goes to dump their septic.

Some people just can't separate a celebrity's view from their work. There is no reason to link them. It's like linking state and church. Companies are way too sensitive to crybaby millenial SJWs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Some people just can't separate a celebrity's view from their work. There is no reason to link them. It's like linking state and church. Companies are way too sensitive to crybaby millenial SJWs.
    Or maybe, just maybe they themselves don't agree with his viewpoints and decided to terminate his contract.

I find it hilarious that the same people advocating for businesses to be able to do as they please or not serve whomever they don't want to are the same ones crying fowl over a company practicing it's right to terminate a persons contract.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe they themselves don't agree with his viewpoints and decided to terminate his contract.

I find it hilarious that the same people advocating for businesses to be able to do as they please or not serve whomever they don't want to are the same ones crying fowl over a company practicing it's right to terminate a persons contract.
    Or you know... know your client before hiring them? Jon is pretty well known for being scandalous and anti-PC. Making a stand and statement instead of apathetic to the latent situation was bond to create a much greater stir. However big name companies like Pepsi and Disney are a-okay with the unstable political correctness of Mr. Jarfari, I find it strange that Playtonic would do something so last second over petty un-related squabbles. It's also pretty up-setting to Jontron fans having the rug pulled out form underneath them like this with less a month from release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor guy should have known better than to share his opinions on the internet.