Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question 7.2 New Trait purchase order?

Hi guys. I was wondering if somebody came up with most efficient purchase order for new traits. All the way till all golden traits, 4/4 Assassin master first? etc.

You get the new traits first to unlock the golden trait which is by far stronger than anything else, then Im not sure if that also unlocks Concordance of the Legionfall, if it does you get 1 rank of that as your 8th point. After that the whole Master Assassin situation is kinda hard to know, depends on how the shorter Vendetta interacts with the much faster KB from Sinister Circulation procs, if you have Convergence of Fates or not and if you have Leg Boots or not. Besides MA youd want to get Envenom Damage > Rupture Damage > Rupture Crit > Master Alchemist/Poisoned Blades > Balanced Blades.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-23 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    From what I seen in Wowhead calculator, Concordance of the Legionfall is unlockable after new traits and all 4/4. Silence of the Uncrowned is no brainer (10% dps and 10% stamina), but what after? Garrote dmg seems kinda meh, after that you get defensive trait and Kingsbane golden. That's my main concern, garrote>def>golden, or invest in envenom and rapture first. Thanks for replay!

From the calc it seems like the order is fixed.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by mariozlo View Post
    From what I seen in Wowhead calculator, Concordance of the Legionfall is unlockable after new traits and all 4/4. Silence of the Uncrowned is no brainer (10% dps and 10% stamina), but what after? Garrote dmg seems kinda meh, after that you get defensive trait and Kingsbane golden. That's my main concern, garrote>def>golden, or invest in envenom and rapture first. Thanks for replay!
    Sinister Circulation is pretty insane tough, and I think you unlock Concordance right after the 7 new traits are purchased, but I might be wrong, I have't actualy upgraded my artefact on the PTR.

Even if Concordance is not unlocked right after the 7 new traits, for it to be worth not going for the golden trait you have to get 6 traits that put together give you more DPS than 4 levels of Garrote Damage + the golden trait, considering the only real good traits avaliable are Rup Crit, Rup Damage, Envenom Damage and MA (which is debatable cause it depends on 100 different things) its highly unlikely that youll find 6 traits better than the combination of Sinister Circulation + 4 Garrote Damage. Now if you are looking for imediate results investing you extra points after the 10% damage one on the stronger traits will yield better results, but will keep you from the golden trait for much longer than those who go straight for it.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-23 at 10:45 PM.

Deleted
    According to Wowhead calc, after you get 5% trait you can unlock 4/4 and new traits.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    From the calc it seems like the order is fixed.
    The 7 new traits are on a fixed order but he is asking if its better to ignore the new traits and go get the extra point for one of the old traits (after getting the 10% damage obviously, no one is gona pass on the 10% damage).

Well, i need to polish up my language skills it seems.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

This is an interesting discussion for assassination because as it stands, those with shoulders may be speccing back out of subterfuge (since the subterfuge + mantle 'fix').

Those of us at 54 traits will have enough to get 3 points of garrote, with a 4th point within 5M AP (~5 dungeons at AK 26). Assuming you hit 4 points of garrote on day 1 through a combination of AP sources, you will still need ~68M to unlock the golden trait. Since our intermediate trait is a defensive, it'll offer no damage increase.

Those running a traditional nightstalker build may not see a decent DPS boost (assuming 54 traits) for possibly a number of weeks, and those running subterfuge would at best offset the loss of the extra 3 seconds of mantle buff.

So the question is then, would you prefer running a similar rotation and get an immediate DPS boost by taking your 4th point in old traits? As it stands, sims indicate that most of the DPS traits (besides the FOK one) are within 20% of each other, the non-traditional ones being more potent in a non AP or multi-target build. The alternative is to go into garrote and over the next 2-3 weeks (at probably 8-10 dungeons a week and raid clears with increasing AK - just guessing here) get your vial and KB traits. This means you'll likely be re-evaluating your build for ST, which may not be AP anymore.

I know I haven't provided answers here, just commenting that there are a lot of moving parts that will be cool to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverr View Post
    This is an interesting discussion for assassination because as it stands, those with shoulders may be speccing back out of subterfuge (since the subterfuge + mantle 'fix').

Those of us at 54 traits will have enough to get 3 points of garrote, with a 4th point within 5M AP (~5 dungeons at AK 26). Assuming you hit 4 points of garrote on day 1 through a combination of AP sources, you will still need ~68M to unlock the golden trait. Since our intermediate trait is a defensive, it'll offer no damage increase.

Those running a traditional nightstalker build may not see a decent DPS boost (assuming 54 traits) for possibly a number of weeks, and those running subterfuge would at best offset the loss of the extra 3 seconds of mantle buff.

So the question is then, would you prefer running a similar rotation and get an immediate DPS boost by taking your 4th point in old traits? As it stands, sims indicate that most of the DPS traits (besides the FOK one) are within 20% of each other, the non-traditional ones being more potent in a non AP or multi-target build. The alternative is to go into garrote and over the next 2-3 weeks (at probably 8-10 dungeons a week and raid clears with increasing AK - just guessing here) get your vial and KB traits. This means you'll likely be re-evaluating your build for ST, which may not be AP anymore.

I know I haven't provided answers here, just commenting that there are a lot of moving parts that will be cool to think about.
    Thats not the question at all, as I said the question is can you get 6 traits that colective are better than the DPS you will get from the golden trait + 4 Rupture damage increase traits ? If no, then you should definetly go for the golden trait, whats the point of getting an imediate DPS advantage if 10 days or so down the line (considering the rate of 1 trait per AK you gona need 10 days for the 2 traits that will get you to the golden one) you will be miles behind ppl with the golden trait and with no way to get it in the forseable future ?

Also if the trait changes something it is getting Alacricity over AP (which seens unlikely it'll happen) and the rest stays the same, you'll still want a bazillion mastery since your damage will be mostly envenoms, DP, poison bombs and kingsbanes (which will represent a much larger chunk of your DPS than ti does now).
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-24 at 03:53 AM.

Where is the mantle fix mentioned?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by samao View Post
    Where is the mantle fix mentioned?
    its not mentioned. it was tested and reported on the ravenhold discord (those information come from tests on the latest ptr build).

So same question in the OP but for Outlaw.

Deleted
    after some rough paper towel calculations, my guess is:
    if you use legendary boots, take 4/4 master assasin, then go for the kingsbane golden trait.
    if you dont use boots, go directly for kingsbane.

Same as it always has been for most specs in Legion: you go for Golden Traits first.

1. Make your way to Sinister Circulation after you empower your Artifact;
    2. Get 4/4 Master Assassin and Gushing Wounds. The order depends on your Legendary Item, but you will want to get those 1st;
    3. Get 4/4 Serrated Edge, Toxic Blades, Master Alchemy, Poison Knives, Balanced Blades, in this exact order;
    4. Get Shadow Walker and Fade into Shadows, only because you have to before you can start putting points into Concordance of the Legionfall;
    5. From here on, just invest points into Concordance of the Legionfall.

It's obvious that people will try to "farm" AP past the 52th point, specially those in hardcore guilds, but considering how much AP you need spend for each point of Concordance of the Legionfall, Artifact Knowledge acts as a major soft cap, effectively making "AP farm" a huge waste of time...

I'd personally go for the:
    Silence of the Uncrowned
    4/4 Vendetta CD reduce
    4/4 GW
    Sinister Calculation
    Toxic Blades
    Master Alchemist
    Serrated Edge
    Balanced Blades
    Poison Knives
    Fade into Shadows
    Shadow Walker
    Concordance
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-03-27 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    I´ll go 10% dmg ofc first, then 4/4 GW and then Sinister Calculation next. After this fill up (starting with Master Assasin)

i'll definitely start with MA so i can swap in an extra relic
    then probably the rupture traits since i got the bracers

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    i'll definitely start with MA so i can swap in an extra relic
    then probably the rupture traits since i got the bracers
    i dont start yet to sim, but with 4 traits we will have the relic that down the cd to 6/4/4(/4)
    the 2° relic is weak sure, but the 3° probably is worth enough to return to stack full MA, at least with boots and cof
    if there is the 4° then im pretty sure that it will be mandatory xD

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    i dont start yet to sim, but with 4 traits we will have the relic that down the cd to 6/4/4(/4)
    the 2° relic is weak sure, but the 3° probably is worth enough to return to stack full MA, at least with boots and cof
    if there is the 4° then im pretty sure that it will be mandatory xD
    i mean swap out an MA one
    so have the same vendetta CD as i do now with one less relic
    so 1 MA relics and two bleed relics