Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    But what about outside the BW window? Even with shoulders (but especially without) the trait and belt mean less time sitting around pooling your focus or having to worry about being focus straved. If you can blow BW with around 70 focus (or less) and still fit every single KC possible, I'd call that pretty fucking fantastic.
    Good point - shoulder + belt is still awesome. Though convergence and call of the wild might trump it... lets see

Super easy to focus cap with AotW on when running the 4 new focus reduction traits + belt.

There is definitely some merit to prioritising JoT/PL because of the instant power gains, I mean we're getting all traits eventually anyway so its all about what path you take. If your on M-Guldan and close to a kill you will definitely gain more from just grabbing JoT/PL and then 2/2 Slithering because your already getting your extra KC from the belt. I mean another 8 focus off the cost of Cobra is great, but its not like you have infinite GCDs to fill in an extra cobra+kc with that focus gained....

There is definitely some variance in value for different people in different situations. For me personally I'm on M-Elisande so I have a good bit of progress left, but I have mantle/boots so AotB is already the better choice for me which means slithering is nowhere near as strong for me as I don't use Cobra for KC resets and I'm not as starved as Killer Cobra players. I'm still debating Jot/PL versus maxing Slithering myself.

As a MM I went trueshot, then the new stuff ( 40% extra vulnerable / aoe Windburst LOL), then anything having to do with aim-shot, then everything else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It'll 99% likely work like a flamestrike, earthquake etc - if something's stood on the patch of wind, it takes damage every second while stood on it. Also, it boosts WB' damage by literally 200%. Goes from a 800% AP shot to a 2300% assuming the mob stands in it the entire time. Windburst will become our strongest attack by a huge margin, even more so than a 200% vulnerable aimed shot - BY FAR.

WB does about 5% damage for most people right now on single target, so you can assume that if it triples in damage, it'll be about a 10% dps boost, assuming you can use it correct. Nothing else comes even *close*, considering 2% aimed shot crit on 60% of our dmg is "only" a bit over 1% etc.
    And thats ST, add adds in the Windburst effect, it become obscene

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I'm looking at this the right way. But isn't the windburst trait basically doing 2x full duration Steeltrap damage on every mob ? But with a 20s CD instead of 60s and a 5s duration instead of 30s duration

Steeltrap is 1500% AP, Windbrust is 300% AP x 5 x ~2+(mastery)

I haven't seen it in action yet, but sounds so OP.
    edit: hmm, according to the tooltip, it doesn't seem to scale with Mastery. 8[, okay, just 1 steeltrap then.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-29 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caph View Post
    The biggest (probably only noticeable) thing that actually does is remove (or lower) the punishment for not starting bw with high focus. Which is not an issue when played correctly. Heck this is pretty much the only thing a bm hunter needs to watch out for, aside from pressing buttons on cd.

But if that is actually an issue for people, yes the belt will probably still be fantastic for them. Because the punishment for fucking up BW windows is actually pretty high. If that is not an issue, and it definitely should not be, then the effect of the belt would be close to useless (single target). Ofc still all under the assumption that you dont get a extra KC with the Belt when having the new traits, which i still don't know if that is the case.

I actually do have the belt but am hesitant to put my first 4 points into slithering serpents because we hope to kill guldan mythic today or tomorrow (after tomorrow we won't be able to progress for 1-2 weeks because some core people are on vacation) and putting points in Jaws and Pack Leader might be more beneficial for me personally in this situation because i will definitely not farm enough for thunderslash. And Thunderslash is the first new trait which actually beats the old KC ones. And i could not care less about the traits after Guldan tbh. More than enough time to finish till ToS
    I think you're missing the fact that not entering BW with full focus means you spent more focus outside BW and theoretically did more dps outside BW than had you been pooling focus. How much additional dps that is and whether it's significant enough to matter I can't say right now, but you can't just completely discount that damage. If the belt and CS reduction together allow you to go into BW with less focus and stilll never miss a gcd, then the belt is still providing you some damage outside of BW.

Blizzard already hit MM with the nerf, and pretty substantial too. Going from a 40% vulnerable increase to a 16% feels a little extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Blizzard already hit MM with the nerf, and pretty substantial too. Going from a 40% vulnerable increase to a 16% feels a little extreme.
    But muh meme build!

This is Blizzard devs, hunter class, MM spec. Knee-jerk castration nerfs aren't new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    I'm still the best dps to ever play the game by far, Nerf me more bitchzzard, i ain't feeling it.

Now I regret not taking another point in TS..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would love not to be broken on the quest. I accidentally was in raid when I started my research for AK 27... Therefore, 3 more days until Khadgar will talk to me again!