Frost legendary pants with new traits.

Has anyone tested out how low the CD of Sindy's Fury gets when you have the new traits and the legendary pants. I havent really seen anyone talking about it or even thinking about.

I havent had the time to get on the ptr and grind out the AP to test it for myself, which is why I am asking.

presumably you can get Sindy down to 1min CD when all is said and done with leg legs

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    presumably you can get Sindy down to 1min CD when all is said and done with leg legs
    Then I wonder how much does the stock of the legs go up if it goes down to that low

Quote Originally Posted by Poisongaz View Post
    Then I wonder how much does the stock of the legs go up if it goes down to that low
    On cleave fights? Massively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elerubard View Post
    On cleave fights? Massively.
    Not so much as it would have you believe. I have the legs, and when I run through m+ dungeons, even high ones, the aoe damage it does, although significant, doesn't compare to the burst cleave a mage/hunter/lock can do, in fact a few blasts of howling blast would probably do more overall damage when you look at the average cast of SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Not so much as it would have you believe. I have the legs, and when I run through m+ dungeons, even high ones, the aoe damage it does, although significant, doesn't compare to the burst cleave a mage/hunter/lock can do, in fact a few blasts of howling blast would probably do more overall damage when you look at the average cast of SF.
    I would be pretty surprised if SF isnt the #1 damage source (or at most a close #2) in overall Mythic+ damage,assuming you're using it on CD.

Thought I'm not saying its impossible, but I think pants will be pretty decent next patch, with the new traits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    I would be pretty surprised if SF isnt the #1 damage source (or at most a close #2) in overall Mythic+ damage,assuming you're using it on CD.

Thought I'm not saying its impossible, but I think pants will be pretty decent next patch, with the new traits.
    With pants it doesn't happen, it's usually HB/BoS/RW
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

3 rime HB cast can outweigh 1 cast of SF. so even Sf on a 1 min cd doesn't mean it'll be the #1 damage source

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    3 rime HB cast can outweigh 1 cast of SF. so even Sf on a 1 min cd doesn't mean it'll be the #1 damage source
    Not mine, not even close.

if we're couting crits, my SF goes for 6m with only pillar/pot (Ive seen up to 7m)

Howling blast has never hit for more than 2m, not to mention SF still multi hits adds half the time, which hasn't been fixed since beta.

All just depends on the gear, someone with helm, and without bracers this is probably true, but for me its not.

Having SF up for every 3rd trash pack will be quite amusing, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

you're proably right though, it might not be #1, but its still going to pretty high

if we're couting crits, my SF goes for 6m with only pillar/pot (Ive seen up to 7m)

Howling blast has never hit for more than 2m, not to mention SF still multi hits adds half the time, which hasn't been fixed since beta.

All just depends on the gear, someone with helm, and without bracers this is probably true, but for me its not.

Having SF up for every 3rd trash pack will be quite amusing, we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

you're proably right though, it might not be #1, but its still going to pretty high
    I frequently get 2.2m+ HB with helm, bracers, pillar. Even after helm nerf HB will be much better than even 1m CD SF.

6 million? thats probably under every lucky proc you can get. on average its not hittin for that much, especially not every minute. but lets say it does hit for 6 million every min. you really think you cant get around 6 HB during that time? 45% chance (without 2 piece) to proc rime on each OB. you can obl atleast 15 times a minute.

in terms of it being high, definitely. the cd went from 5 mins -> 2.5 -> 1min and the damage hasn't changed. aoe/cleave it'll be great, single target however its not that big a deal. it'll go from where it is not to where around where remorseless winter is (single target)

With the legs you can get it to 1 minute if you oblit enough. This does increase the power of Sindy for sure.

With the howling blast trait getting another point, on the long run the nerfed helmet may wery well be still better than sindy pants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    With the howling blast trait getting another point, on the long run the nerfed helmet may wery well be still better than sindy pants.
    In the long run you probably want to combined 2set T19 and 4set T20, so neither will be used for Single target atleast. For AoE cleave the pants could become better, guess we'll have to see.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its not whether or not howling blast does more damage than Sindrgosa, it's that Sindragosa does far more burst ST and AoE on demand than howling blast does that makes it strong. It will just be more useful than they are now, but it still largely depends on encounters. If the adds on Spellblade were incredibly important to down (which they aren't now, but probably were during early progression), having a 1 minute Sindragosa would be pretty valuable to the point that you would likely use the pants. Same as on Mythic Helya. You could have them up for every odd set of blobs in P1, maybe twice during P2, and for every odd mariner in P3. It might not do more overall damage, but it's important damage that you can control, which may or may not help you with a certain mechanic. For instance when Mythic Helya was progression and DPS in P1 was important, a frost DK could allow your guild to largely ignore the first set of blobs, which was important, as the rest of your raid could dump into Helya during an opener (which was important, because there was a DPS check in P1).

TLDR; pants will be strong and situational, but not always used. Which I think is a fine place for them. With the 2 1/2 min CD they have now, it's still awkward, but with a 1 minute CD they are far more flexible. For a single attack, it's the largest amount of burst that exists in the game IIRC, and burst on certain mechanics is really strong.

Deleted
    As mention before Blizzard is interested in closing the gap between good and bad legendaries. This is a very good way of doing so instead of just reworking the legs. But I don´t think they will pull ahead over the previous BiS legendaries on bosses. Maybe in a few chases such as Spellblade where huge AoE burst is needed more than one time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordrez View Post
    As mention before Blizzard is interested in closing the gap between good and bad legendaries. This is a very good way of doing so instead of just reworking the legs. But I don´t think they will pull ahead over the previous BiS legendaries on bosses. Maybe in a few chases such as Spellblade where huge AoE burst is needed more than one time.
    They can stun for 3 seconds which makes them useful on certain encounters for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    6 million? thats probably under every lucky proc you can get. on average its not hittin for that much, especially not every minute. but lets say it does hit for 6 million every min. you really think you cant get around 6 HB during that time? 45% chance (without 2 piece) to proc rime on each OB. you can obl atleast 15 times a minute.

in terms of it being high, definitely. the cd went from 5 mins -> 2.5 -> 1min and the damage hasn't changed. aoe/cleave it'll be great, single target however its not that big a deal. it'll go from where it is not to where around where remorseless winter is (single target)
    That's just with pot pillar, Ive seen close to 7m with a Foci up.

I never said it would be good for ST, theres 0 chance it will be used on ST fights.

On fights in the next tier, like spellblade/Scorp where there are lots of adds, Even Chronomatic and to a lesser extent Krosus (Having a SF up for every other Elemental spawn would have been nice on progression) pants will be useful.

I never will argue they will be the end all be all BiS, but I think everyone should want a pair cause their going to be usefull on a few fights.