Legendary KP addons?

LF an addon which would calculate KP.

The concept of KP is entirely "feelycrafting", and not an actual accurate representation of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by palthis View Post
    what's a KP?
    Killpoints.
    Is a theory going around that you can math out the odds of receiving a legendary based on killpoint "scores" awarded from various types of content.
    With any such theory though, there are people held up as "proof" when they fit the pattern, and those which do not are dismissed as "RNG".
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The concept of KP is entirely "feelycrafting", and not an actual accurate representation of anything.
    actually, given that the effort between each legendary after the 3rd was confirmed to be the same, it is possible to have a really good estimate, attribute points to each activity and make an addon. If only someone would do that tho

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    actually, given that the effort between each legendary after the 3rd was confirmed to be the same, it is possible to have a really good estimate, attribute points to each activity and make an addon. If only someone would do that tho
    I think blizzard confirmed the odds were the same, not the effort.
    If that "effort" was the same, why are there people with different results.
    It isn't a "really good" estimate.
    It is only "proved" by those it actually fits, and those it doesn't are dismissed.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is only "proved" by those it actually fits, and those it doesn't are dismissed.
    I want a KP addon just to know how much effort I have put in.

Quote Originally Posted by nspeil View Post
    I want a KP addon just to know how much effort I have put in.
    Then perhaps present the information required, what activity actually provides these points and in what quantity.
    And what you do with the score.

Someone capable may then do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I think it was a bit different,

I think (if i remember correctly) it went as follows:

At release:

There were quite large diminishing returns on legendary droprates, getting worse the more you had.
    There was a bug that if you had the luck to get one legendary, for the first few weeks the diminishing returns didn't work correctly and you actually had a improved chance to get your 2nd/3rd legendary (this was fixed 2-3 weeks after release iirc).

7.1:

Buffed the droprate for Legendary 1 and 2, but still kept the diminishing returns for legendary 3 and up, whilst 3 and 4 were relatively Ok still, 5 and up were a huge grind (unless lucky)

7.1.5 (or shortly after 7.1.5):

Diminishing returns for legendary 3 and up were removed. Making it so that 1 and 2 have a increased droprate compared to release and 3 and up all have the same base chance to drop.

As some point the community brought up the KP system, , which actually seemed quite accurate (for example we ran all 110 mains trough it in our guild, around 70 characters raiders and socials combined), and it had about a 95% accuracy in that sample size. Alts were less accurate due to some stuff in the KP system being counted from the first moment a character on a battle.net account got a certain achivement (i think it was the reach 110 achie).

At moment it should be like this:

1. Base odds should be the same for 3rd legendary and onwards
    2. Effort is RNG as you can still be lucky and get legendary 4 and 5 within the hour (when extremely lucky). But on average you should see long term that each legendary above 3 requires about the same effort in content done.