Deleted

Simulationcraft - many copies

Hi folks,

i hope this is the correct area, otherwise please move this thread.

I want to optimise my gear, and i have a wide variety of items available. Of course i know which talent build is "usually" the best. Of course i know which trinket "usually" performs best, which stats i should prefer and so on... But i also know that some items, stats and talents sometimes have weird interactions and side effects...

That's only the raw theory and if i ask 10 people i get 11 different opinions - you know what i mean...

To get a better view i wanted to simulate my gear with Simulationcraft and SimC as addon.

My problem: I think i have many valid gear combinations that sim for similar values. To find the best out of them is nearly impossible. I would have to sim almost every combination, which leads to an extreme high number of permutations. If i take all valid talent-combinations into account, i would have to pair every single talent-choice with every single gear-choice.

Sure, i can skip several combinations without simulating, because it is more than clear that the result will be low. But i guesss i have at leas 50 different possibilities that will sim around 5% difference.

What i would want to do is, write a import-file that covers all combinations i want to sim, and run that over night. But how can i get to that file. Writing down all "copy"-strings manually? Impossible.

I thought about an excel sheet and put some logic in there to "generate" the simulation-input. But does not anybody have done this before and i just can use it?

Or what do you suggest?

Thanks in advance

I personally think you're overthinking this. Assuming you stick with one talent setup, and sim primarily for single target, it really won't be that daunting of a task. Use Pawn to import the string from Simulationcraft, and you'll get a clear indicator of what is better or worse. An aoe build will likely be dependent on talent, trinket, and legendary swap-outs on your part, and most other gear should stay the same.

In short, your best non-legendary gear will remain your best.